2005 Wedding - need some advice!

Mouseketeer
Hi, my name is Suzanne, this is my first post - my wedding is provisionally pencilled in for Wednesday 14th September 2005 in the Disney Wedding Pavilion.

As I live in the UK and tend to stress out over most things I am finding it hard to organise my DFW from over here but when I found this forum I was soooooo pleased - I wasn’t sure on where to have my reception for a group of around 20 guests but after seeing Fantasia Sam’s wedding pics and video that made my decision for me and I have decided to go with Ariels.

I do have a few questions if anyone can help me:

1. If we have ceremony around 11.30-ish I’ve read that some
people have a break in between the reception and dessert
party – how long did others take for this break?

2. Has anyone ever had a DJ for around 20 people?

3. I read somewhere that the Yacht Club Gazebo was going to
be closed for refurbishment in Summer 2005 – is that just the
gazebo or other places in the Yacht Club Resort?

4. I have been told that the UK Lower Terrace may not be
available for my dessert party but the French Island (Arm) is –
does anyone know what the French Island is like?

5. Is it worth hiring transport from the Yacht Club to Epcot? How
far is it to walk?

6. How long do you have the Wedding Pavillion and its grounds
for?

I’m sure I’ll think of more questions as time goes on so apologies in advance if I go on.

Thanks
:wave2:

Welcome 140905, and congrats on your upcoming wedding.
I must agree with you on Ariels. It is the perfect place to have a wedding reception. The decor is so beautiful that not much is needed as far as flowers ect. I did try to get this area for my ceremony as well at the last minute however it was already booked.

You ask
-1. If we have ceremony around 11.30-ish I’ve read that some
people have a break in between the reception and dessert
party – how long did others take for this break?

You typically get your reception room (Ariels) for 4 hours. So if you state that your ceremony is around 11:30, figure one hour for the ceremony which makes it 12:30 and then if you have a pre-reception for photos that takes it to 1:30 that your reception would start. 4 hours from 1:30 would be around 5:30 ish that your reception would be done. You are not able to get into Epcot with your party until around 8-8:30. (Correct me if I wront Sam)
So that leave approximately 3-31/2 hours before the dessert party that you could do what you like. My guest ended up coming back to my hotel room which was at the Yacht Club Concierge and we had snacks and Cordials and just sat on the balcony and chatted walked around the dock and some of my guest even rented water mouse boats and rode around the lagoon for a while. This is a nice break before the Illuminations trust me.

2. Has anyone ever had a DJ for around 20 people?
Yes Yes Yes I only had 27 people and 6 were children. Dj's just liven up the party. They get everyone involved and just make the whole entire day more enjoyable. DO GET A DJ, you wont be disappointed

3. I read somewhere that the Yacht Club Gazebo was going to
be closed for refurbishment in Summer 2005 – is that just the
gazebo or other places in the Yacht Club Resort?
I dont know about this so maybe someone else can help on this one.

4. I have been told that the UK Lower Terrace may not be
available for my dessert party but the French Island (Arm) is –
does anyone know what the French Island is like?
I cant remember if I have ever been to this Island however hopefully someone else can help out with this questions as well.

5. Is it worth hiring transport from the Yacht Club to Epcot? How
far is it to walk?
NO!! Definately not worth it. If all your guest are still going to be at the Yacht Club area then just have a guide walk you there. It is literally just min away and the ride would be such a waist of money. Also DW will love the attention of everyone calling her
princess as she is walking through.:teeth:

6. How long do you have the Wedding Pavillion and its grounds
for?
Typically I believe it is scheduled out for 2 hours each even. The ceremony last approximately 35-45 min. However they give you time before the ceremony in the grooms room as well as the bride in the vestbule and then time afterwards for picture.

I hope I was able to help you out a little. If you have any other questions dont hestiate to post them. WE LOVE TO HELP FUTURE BRIDE/GROOMS :teeth: :wave2:

Good Luck and Congrats once again.

HI

I'm sure ariels is no longer avaliable. I think it's being turned back into a resturant.
sorry

Sam

Hi,

Yes I thought this too, at first I was considering California Grill for my reception but when I rang and spoke to FTW they gave me a few other places that I should consider, Ariels being one of them - I said the same as you about it being turned back into a restaurant and they told me Disney were considering this but have now decided against it…I hope they don’t change there minds again anytime soon!

Ellieb, thanks for your response, it’s so nice to be able to ask questions and get the answers from someone who has experienced their own FTW.

With regard to the question about having a break in between reception and dessert party I think I am definitely going to do this. We are all stopping at the Caribbean Beach Resort - will we be able to go back to our rooms from the Yacht Club or do you think it’s best if we stay around the Yacht Club area?

Also, I think you have convinced me about the DJ, even though my parents don’t think there are enough people to warrant a one …who was your DJ or can you recommend someone to me?

Thanks again,

Suzanne
:cat:

We've had a dessert party on the French Island Arm - it was lovely. It is between the UK terrace and the bridge you cross into France. The view is wide open and clear, and there is plenty of space for a group your size. The only thing I remember not loving was I don't thing there are benches in there normally, so if you want seating you might ask about your options. We actually sat on the edge of a planter and mingled for much of the time, and stood at the railing for the show, but it wasn't at our wedding so we were in park clothes.

Adding... If it does turn out the ceremony area is not available, keep in mind the Boardwalk Sea Breeze Point is in the same vicinity, and also lovely. It is right against the water rather than in the hotel courtyard. You have a view of water and the Yacht Club in the background.

We are all stopping at the Caribbean Beach Resort - will we be able to go back to our rooms from the Yacht Club or do you think it’s best if we stay around the Yacht Club area?

You can go back to your rooms at the Caribbean Beach however you would need some sort of transportation, hired or depend on Disney bus transportation to get you there and back.

Disney give you and your husband Annual Passholders if you are booking a custom wedding. With an Annual Passholder you can get great discounts on hotel stays at the Yacht Club and you can book up to three rooms on each Pass for your guest to get this great rate as well. So if you stayed at the Yacht Club, all you would need is trasportation to and from the ceremony for you and your guest which 2 limos should do it. (approx.438.00) and if the reception is at Ariels you will be located right at your hotel so after the reception go right up to your room. Not to mention that on your Wedding night Disney gives you a Honeymoon Suite free of charge.

It really is something to think about. Location to me is always key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter