2004 Flower Power Concert Line-Up?

flyinglizard

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what groups will be appearing at the Flower Power Concerts and on what dates for this year?

thanx!

got this from Steve Soars site: http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Flower & Garden Festival: April 16 - June 6, 2004

Davy Jones April 16-19
The Nelsons April 20-23
B.J. Thomas April 24-27
Gary Puckett April 28-May 1
Dave Mason May 2-5
The Grass Roots starring Rob Grill May 6-9
Orleans May 10-13
The Turtles May 14-17
Eric Burdon & The Animals May 18-21
Arlo Guthrie May 26-28
Felix Cavaliere's Rascals May 29 & 30
The Buckinghams May 31-June 3
The Lovin' Spoonful June 4-6

What happened to the original Herman from Herman's Hermits, Peter Noone? He was a great act-lots of family fun. So, are negotiations still going on for Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone for this year's Flower Power? I know a lot of people who will not attend, and stay onsite if he's not playing.

Looks like the only "gap" is May 22 - 25. You could keep an eye on Steve's site to see who they get to fill it.

Ohhhhhh.......I have always adored
Peter Noone.

Just the thought of him gives me goose bumps to this very day !

Too bad I always go to WDW in December.

Our trip is May 2-12. Oh, if only I had known Arlo Guthrie was going to be there later in the month.

Originally posted by Belle1962
Looks like the only "gap" is May 22 - 25. You could keep an eye on Steve's site to see who they get to fill it.

According to Pollstar, Peter's schedule is currently open for that time frame.

Ed

Thank you Belle1962,

I didn't know about that site but I have it on my favorites now! Great site and exactly what I need to plan dates!!!

Did anybody hear Gary Lewis last year? Geeze!

I was sorry to see Starship is not on the schedule this year, but glad I'll finally catch up to Grass Roots. Missed them for a few...

Thanks for all the help everybody!

Looks like I'll miss Peter Noone again....phooey. Yes I saw Gary Lewis and liked your term of the performance...sorry to say I kept hoping it would get better. I did notice a big absence of Paul Revere and the Raiders...

Though I'm glad to catch Gary Puckett this year. I caught him a few years ago and he does a great show. We are there this year from April 28-May 8th.

Originally posted by flyinglizard

Did anybody hear Gary Lewis last year? Geeze!

Was he taht bad?

He performed here in Cleveland in October. He did a pretty good job.

The show was part of a PBS special that will be aired in March during their fund raising.

Peter Noone was also on the show along with Grass Roots, Tommy James, Paul Revere's original singer (can't remember his name), The Buckinghams, and Chad & Jeremy.

There were only 7 groups performing, so you will see each performer do many songs.

Ed

Arlo Guthrie May 26-28

Now my dh has something to look forward to. He hates WDW, but likes Arlo Guthrie. Thanks for the info. I'd been trying to find it.

Hurray!

I too will miss Peter Noone. last year my DD Emailed him to let him know how much she enjoyed seeing him perform at epcot. (she is 22) anyway, he wrote back telling her that he would not be returning. something about how Disney did not appreciate his jokes and he would not come back. sounds like his feelings were hurt. he is a nice guy and even signed "Herman" under his name Peter Noone. DD still has his note and we are really sad he won't be comming back:( we are really going to miss him at the flower and garden show. it won't be the same.
LOVED THE GRASS ROOTS!

betterlatethannever- Being an ex-musician, I was embarrassed for him. I will look for that PBS special in March, thanks for letting me know about it.

Metallicat- Yeah, I am really looking forward to the Grass Roots! Glad to hear you loved them... Now I'm getting excited.

Did anybody see DAVE MASON last year? How was the show?

Flyinglizard, The Grassroots were great although I was a bit disapointed that they sang a slow version of "Live for today". it just didn't sound right to me. all other songs were perfect.

Was glad to get to see the Turtles sing "So happy together" IMO one of the best songs ever.

Three dog night were at the food and wine festival back in Oct. now that was a good one! I guess you can tell I love that old 70's music :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter