• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2002 Entertainment Book - Has anyone purchased yet?

CarolMN

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
If so, I'm wondering what the "fine print" on the National Car coupons say. In the 2001 book, the discount coupons applied to compact through 4 size. When I looked at the online book PREVIEW, the coupons are for intermediate and higher. What I am hoping is that minivans are NOT excluded on the actual coupons. We're going in February 2002 and I'd love to get a discount for a minivan. (I do have a DC club card and am getting a 20% discount, but am hoping for a free weekend day coupon, also. Those of you able to use the full size cars seem to be getting such great rates).

Thanks for any help you can give me. Here's the link to the 2002 book preview if anyone is interested.

http://www.entertainment.com/index.cfm?m=PreviewAug02

The National coupon in the 2000-01 Entertainment book is for $15 off on a compact-full-size car. I'm quite sure mini-vans are excluded. We'd prefer a mini-van for our family of 5, but the price was about double the cost of a full-size car - at least at National.

Thanks NancyIL -

I have that book(2000-2001) and knew that minivans were excluded, but am hoping the coupons for the 2001-2002 book will INCLUDE minivans. The online 2001-2002 book preview gives me some hope in that the dtails section says for intermediate and higher. But maybe the actual coupon says minivans are excluded.

If anyone has purchased the new book, I thought they might look at the actual coupon to see if minivans were included or not. We'll need a vehicle that seats 6, including 1 rather large carseat - in other words, it looks like our best option is a minivan.

CarolMN

I, too, am looking for National coupons for discounts on minvans for Feb 2002.

Look in your current book in the customer service pages. It is after the Master Index. If the local office is near where you live, you can look at the coupon. I called the local office. The coupon is good for intermediate and above for $15 or $20 off the weekly rate. She would not give me the the coupon ID codes. But I am welcome to stop buy and see the book.

Otherwise I usually don't see the book until October.

MMCD

Thanks, I'll do that. There were actually quite a few National coupons listed as being in the new book. I'm especially interested in the free wekend day.

I have the new book (my girls are selling them for school!).

From what I can tell, the free weekend day is valid for an intermediate through a fullsize 4-door.

They have $15.00 off a weekly rental *valid for the rental of an intermediate or higher car in the US. Weekly rentals require a 5-day min. (28 max) with a Sat. night keep. Valid 8/1/01 - 12/31/02.

They also have $20.00 off *valid for the rental of an intermediate or higher car in the US. 7-day min (28 max) rental required. Valid 8/1/01 through 12/31/02.

There are other coupons, but they do not say "intermediate or higher".

Here's a number to call to confirm!! 1-800-CAR-RENT.

I see you can also save 20% off your Disney Club membership (making it $31.95) if you buy the Entertainment book.

Thanks Pooh2U. I'll probably buy a 2002 book. Wish someone in the neighborhood was selling them. My daughter's high school orchestra sold them, but she and all of ther friends are now in college! Good Luck to your girls - hope they enjoy selling the books.

CarolMN,

I saw the Ent. book at my son's day school. I plan to buy the book in Dec. I wrote down the code and called National and added the coupon. I tried doing it on the web but my DC discount would not take. National assured me that my same ressie # for Feb 2002 is now showing the $20 off. I must present the coupon when I drive out.

It's not as good as a free day but I'll take it anyway. I am hoping Budget will have their $199 and 39.99 extra day special then. With after taxes and surcharges it may be cheaper.

MMCD

MMCD
Your not supposed to be able to use the DC contract code with EB coupon (supposed to use EB contract code as per the back of the coupon). National's internet system currently lets you mix and match the codes and National is currently honoring the illegal discounts but I'm not sure how long that will continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter