$200 Gift Card with Disney Visa... really?

wannagoback

Mouseketeer
Just got an offer in the mail for the Disney Visa. It says "you'll get 200 Disney Rewards after the first use of the Disney Rewards Visa Card that you can redeem for a $200 Disney Gift Card to use for most everything Disney."

Really?!?!?

Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? There's no annual fee on the card, seems like a a great offer!

It doesn't say anything about expiration of the points... how long are they usually good for?

That's an amazing offer - I thought I did well with a free DL ticket when I got mine.
The points do expire - but they give you about 4 years ( my points from my last statement are good until 12/14).

You can use them for on-line shopping at disneystore.com too.

I've had my card for a couple of years - it comes with some perks (like 10% disneystore on-line or in-store ) pretty regularly - usually some minimum required though. No problem getting the points transferred to a card that you need to spend the points - but don't do it in advance - those expire much sooner. I always pay the card off every month so I can't speak to late fees or interest charges.
Just make sure it's a legit offer I guess.

Even I received the card but didn't use it.If you did how is your experience and how did you enjoyed the offer.

Just make sure it's a legit offer I guess.

Pretty sure it is, it came directly from Disney/Chase. I wanted to say "it seems too good to be true" but then I remembered it's a credit card and they always get their money back from somebody (It's just not going to be from me!)

I'd go for it then. I've gotten over $500 total in credits from mine - I use them when I renew the family APs every year. I even use it for groceries. Once in awhile they even offer 5 for 1 points if you exceed certain spending limits, so it can add up. Wish I could get a 2nd one with that offer you got!

And I have a reminder setup on my outlook calendar to pay it in full in advance of the due date every month - so I'm sure not to give them anything back!

What is the code and phone number on the offer?

What is the code and phone number on the offer?

Sorry, I don't have the paperwork anymore, or else I would love to share it with you. I will say that I looked at the custom link/code and that it already had my name associated with it. I doubt it is transferable.

I doubt it is transferable.

Yes, my cousin got the same offer and it was only for her. :sad1: I got an offer for an Amex (so did DH) a few weeks ago. We are each going to get points that are the equivalent to $300 to redeem for any travel purchase. So $600 that we can put towards our hotel...! :yay:

It is 100% legit. Also, it is only for the person it comes to in the mail.

We did this offer and I will be picking up my gift card this weekend!

If anyone else gets this offer, take advantage of it. Once you get your first statement (and have made a purchase) it will show up that you are eligible. You then go to Guest Relations (some agents have said you don't need the statement, others do, so I'd bring it anyway) and they give you a blank gift card. The card holder then calls up customer service and they load the card instantly.

Awesome deal!

I wish I got one! I've been debating getting a card just for the points for our trip in Dec. The offer the Disney Store gave me today was just for $25! Maybe I should call and see? The one thing I was concerned about was in small print it says that if you accept this offer, it can possibly exclude you from other new cardholder promotions. I don't know if that means that if I accept this and a room discount comes around I can't accept. I'm just trying to figure out if I can avoid racking up a debt if I use this. It would probably be exclusively for paying for the trip, which we would have cash for and just use that to pay for the bill. Decisions, decisions!

Dang! I have a Chase Disney Visa, but got nothing offered to me when I got it. I've accumulated almost 300 points (responsibly - I pay the card off every month) but would have LOVED to have received 200 points up front.

I got that in the mail too & decided to sign up for the card. Getting a $200 gift card is a lot better than getting a backpack or blanket when you sign up for the card @ DTD.

Well hell. I just got my card right before our WDW trip a few weeks ago and didn't get any sort of offer for signing up. Hmmm.

I didn't get a $200 offer, but I searched the internet and found a $100 offer. I filled one out for myself, wife, DS(4), DD(2) and the family dog. OK just me and my wife. We had to use it once (we did right away) and we were each mailed a $100 gift card within two weeks. We paid off the balance and haven't used them since and won't use them again (except to show at DL for free pictures) because we get a better deal with out Costco AMX.

Great deal.
Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter