20 Years of Dreams Event - Official Thread

Yes - you HAVE to pick up your credentials during the hours stated in the first post. You MUST have these credentials to enter the party. This is stated in the first post of this thread AND this is what it says on the first page of the party sign-up form:

Special credentials will be distributed during our 20th Anniversary Event 08/07 - 08/10/2019. These credentials are your ticket to the party and must be picked up in advance. No credentials will be distributed the night of the party. You MUST have these special credentials to enter the party and since Disney Cast Members will be checking credentials no exceptions can be made. If you cannot pick up your credentials before noon on 08/10/2019 you will not be able to get them and you will not be given access to the party. Please do not sign up for the party if you don't think you can get your credentials before noon on 08/10/2019.

:teacher:

My bad.

We cannot hold space for everyone who has signed up for the event for the party as well.

If you want to sign up for the party please do ASAP as once space is gone we cannot accept any more sign-ups. Disney has a hard and fast limit for us for the Pandora Party.
Here's hoping there's still room! Just booked room and paid for event. Awaiting magical email to allow me to join the Pandora Party!

I'm so excited! I just signed up for the event and booked the Contemporary.

We haven't been able to do anything with the Podcast crew since our ABD trip in 2011.

It will be me (Becky), my husband Jeff, and our daughter Stephanie (16)

Also, August 7, 2019 is our 20th Anniversary -

It's gonna be an awesome trip!!!

YAAAAAAY!

Out of curiosity - John or anyone that has an estimate from prior events - how many spaces are available for the Pandora party in total?

We're signed up for pandora party too, excited but a little nervous since it's our first event.

I think everyone is a freindly bunch - and the team definitely wants people to talk to them

If you are able to do any of the events/meet-ups beforehand (official or unofficial) I think that helps as you can then recognize some faces at the party and just sort of -pre-meet people

Hi everyone! I'm such a fan of the show and have finally decided to join the boards for this specific post. I graduate from college in May and thought going down for this party would be a nice present to myself being that the Dis had such an impact on my college career. Whether it be binge watching the vlogs or a quick study break, it always took me away from the extreme stress of college and brought some Disney magic into my life when I needed it the most. My biggest fear is that I don't really fit the demographic, as I would most likely be coming alone. I would love to meet the team and other Dis-ers, but not sure I would fit in and it would be a bit awkward for me. Thoughts??

Hi everyone! I'm such a fan of the show and have finally decided to join the boards for this specific post. I graduate from college in May and thought going down for this party would be a nice present to myself being that the Dis had such an impact on my college career. Whether it be binge watching the vlogs or a quick study break, it always took me away from the extreme stress of college and brought some Disney magic into my life when I needed it the most. My biggest fear is that I don't really fit the demographic, as I would most likely be coming alone. I would love to meet the team and other Dis-ers, but not sure I would fit in and it would be a bit awkward for me. Thoughts??

Definitely be open to it - there are people all over the spectrum as far as ages and group size, etc

If you check out the *un*official thread we are keeping track - including a listing of those coming solo Incase you would want to meet up with other solo travelers

Definitely try to make it to some of the earlier meet ups (official or unofficial) as they will mostly be smaller groups where you can meet some people and then, at least, has some familiar faces to see at the party ... and you know you will have at least one thing in common with everyone if you are struggling to make conversation ;)

IS there a demographic? ;) I say do it! My first Dis event was the 20th anniversary event at EPCOT last year AND it was my first trip to WDW as I’m in AZ and had only ever gone to DL growing up. I went to that event at the last minute, I went solo, and I had an absolute blast!! It was my first solo trip (other than for business) and it was so liberating. I’ve since done other solo vacations and there’s a lot to be said for doing them :) I’m an odd combination of introverted and extroverted (depending on the situation), but I found it very easy to talk to the team and other DISers. I think it would be a perfect way to celebrate your graduation! :)

Don’t worry about it! I’m going solo and there’s a handful of us already on the unofficial board solo. I’ve never been to a meet before but based on the people who’ve already posted here and on the other page it really is a wide variety of people so as long as you get involved with some of the meet ups you should meet plenty of great people!

As others have said, it seems to me like the age of people who are coming is all over the place, from teens to grandparents. Since we all share a common love (or obsession...according to friends and co workers:rolleyes1) of Disney and The DIS I think it’ll be pretty easy to connect.

As someone who just graduated from college a couple years ago and attended my first DIS event last year, I can totally see where you are coming from. I am someone that is very shy meeting new people. I can say that I was able to make friends that I'm sure I will have for a lifetime. I got to know so many people from this website. I have met many of the people that I met on several trips to the parks since. That is because we realized we had trips that overlapped or I got to know people that are local to the different domestic parks. I can also say that the people I met and I hang out with are a variety of ages. Not just my own. Last years event even gave me the courage to go out and meet fellow DISers from my local community and we now get together on a regular basis.

The demographic might be scary to think about, but we all love Disney, and we will all enjoy talking about what I assume is our "favorite company." I would hope that you would join us at some of the events since that is where I got to know so many of the people that I now call friends.

I hope that you will join us, and I can't wait to meet you if you decide to come! Also, an early congratulations on graduating! :)

Last edited:

welcome! come on over to the unofficial post to see some of the unofficial events people are thinking of participating in...
as for age? i honestly think there is no age difference when it comes to our love of all things disney...

here's the link to the unofficial thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/un-official-20-years-of-dreams-event-thread.3713642/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter