• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

20 min vs 40 min photo sessions

ghertz

Earning My Ears
I was looking into the photo session and have read a number of posts on the 20 minute sessions. Does anyone have experience with the 40 minute sessions and the differences between the 2? I saw one post that mentioned the 40 minute session has 2 locations. I'm also interested in examples of photos from the multiple locations.

we did the 40 minutes, 6 adults, and very happy with the photos. The session is done on the beach, one set Ewa was the background framed with palm trees, the other was the water. I am not sure if the 20 would be enough time for both locations as the photographer had to move the light and stable it with sand. we had group shots and individuals. even a couple professional shots for Linkedin profiles. The photographer was great in getting us to pose. We probably could've done the 20 with good results as well, but the 40 gave us a lot more fun results. I also think the 40 allowed the photographer to take the time to wait for passerby out of the frame, (altho that can always be photoshopped out after too)

Honestly, we just did the "free" sessions and bought a single day of PhotoPass for $20. Got over 150 photos at sunset and they are the best pics I've ever had of the family. Three photographers were set up and we visited all three, with slightly different views/backgrounds for each. The photographers spent more time with us than I would have expected and we got groupings of family, kids, parents, and individual kids. I'm sure the poses were similar with each group, but I don't care since it's not like I'm putting their pics on my Christmas card.

To be fair, though, we went a second time two days later and didn't get as many photos (around 100). There were longer lines so we didn't get as much time. And when we first arrived there was only one photographer since the others were doing private sessions. Once the private sessions were over, however, one of the photographers converted to "free" and we got in his line also.

Watching the private session, it looked like there were more creative poses. The teenage girl was further out in the ocean with her dress in the water and some more creative poses. So it all depends on what you're aiming for. For me, the $40 I spent on PhotoPass for 2 days was an incredible value! I have never seen my family looking so good in portraits, and I'll be using the ones of my son alone as part of his senior portraits. Our local studio was going to charge $80 in sitting fees with no photo rights. $40 for all the rights and photos in Hawaii... or $80 + $30/image to have photos in a local park. Hawaii PhotoPass wins hands down.

I agree that the regular Photopass photos are excellent as well. We also did the length of stay photo pass and the quality are very good. We were at Aulani to celebrate my big milestone birthday with my adult kids and their SO, and this maybe the only time we will all get to Hawaii together so I want to be sure to capture special moments with the scheduled session.

I agree that the regular Photopass photos are excellent as well. We also did the length of stay photo pass and the quality are very good. We were at Aulani to celebrate my big milestone birthday with my adult kids and their SO, and this maybe the only time we will all get to Hawaii together so I want to be sure to capture special moments with the scheduled session.
Well I think the verdict is in… you can’t go wrong with portraits at Aulani! Great results at all price points. :-)

I’m sure you got more interesting and unique poses with the private time and total attention of the photographer. And I can’t wait to put my pics into the Christmas card. Just can’t say enough good things about Aulani photographers!!!

We have done both the 40 minute and the 20 minute sunset professional private photo shoots several times. We only did the 40 minute once, on our first time and they took us to several locations around the resort. The other 20 minute ones, we have done the sunset package and all pictures were at the beach at sunset. We found the sunset one is enough for us, especially because for the 40 minute one, we ended up doing most of our pictures at the beach except for a few.

We have four of us in the photos and we have always received amazing photos and the photographer has been able to get all of the poses we have wanted and some additional suggestions every time. We always use the photos for our Christmas cards when we have them done.

We were there over July 4th and the professional photographer we had booked unfortunately suffered an injury and couldn't do the session. So, since they didn't have any more professional private session photographers available, we had to do a scheduled sunset photopass shoot on the beach ($99). The photos were decent, but definitely not at the same level as the professional session. The poses were also limited. They specifically assigned a photopass photographer who was close to moving over to the professional side, but you could definitely tell the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter