• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 year old with Disney Fever

disneydreamer1970

Loves planning surprise Disney trips!
We returned from a wonderful 12 day vacation from AKL just about 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to share with everyone what happened with my 2 year old DD this morning, keeping in mind that my DH has proclaimed that he is all "Disneyed Out!":

My dd was laying in bed my DH and I when she looked at me and said "Mumma, I want to see Mickey Mouse and I want to see giraffes!"

As I was saying that I wonder what is on her mind, my DH jumps up and says "Oh no, she has the fever too!!!"

Now, that is a little girl after my heart!!!! Perhaps if I have her work on Daddy a little more, we will be able to go back even sooner than we had planned! :p

Have a great day everyone!!!

My DD is 2 1/2 and we've taken her to WDW twice. Once when she was 20 months old and once when she was 27 months old. She talks about WDW ALL the time... worse than me! Well, maybe not that bad, LOL!

Just yesterday, as she was brushing her bangs out of her eyes she told me that "Mommy, I need to go to Disney to get my hair cut." (She got her 1st haircut during our last trip). If we watch movies where they show any kind of castle, she starts yelling "Disney" and jumping around the room. Every now and then she'll see something that reminded her of WDW and say "Hey Mom, there are elephants at Disney!" or "That's the train that's in Disney!" The other night I could hear her humming a tune while she was falling asleep, so I snuck over to the door to her room to listen... it was "It's a Small World." :) BTW, that tune is not so annoying when it's being hummed by a child :)

DH and I just laugh... we've created a monster :)

Watch out - my oldest DD was a little over 2 when we took her the 1st time & so were my twin DD's. Well, just look at my signature & you can see what has happened since then! :)

BTW - My DH says the same type of things, but I know that he is just as addicated as the rest of us. In fact, most of the time he is the one that tells me to plan the trip.

Ever since we went when my dd was 2 she says mommy and I have the magic of Disney in our hearts, but daddy only has the magic of disney in his wallet. But he will be going for her 3rd trip in may!

I think it's a genetic thing:p

DS10 and DD16 are just as Disney Crazy as I am!!!:p

I think it's a genetic thing:p

DS10 and DD16 are just as Disney Crazy as I am!!!:p

DD's been twice, once at 14 months and just last month at 2.

DD runs around the house in her "Minnie" ears and looks at her Disney Princess photo album at least once a day. She of course has asked when we are going back to "Mickey's hotel!" And of course I'm just so proud of my Disney loving daughter!!!!:)

Actually DH just commented as we were getting DD ready for bed how he was so looking forward to our next Disney vacation. DD immediately responded, "go, after sleep." :D I think DH is slowly getting the Disney fever now too. Hooray!

Gi

Our now 3 yo plays pack for Disney!! She sings the dream song (bits and peices and hums) She gets out her Pooh suitcase and packs and drags it all over the house.... She keeps telling DDad and I Minnie loves her and misses her and wants her to come to breakfast.... My hubby thinks I planted it in her brain to talk him into a trip but it is all her.;)

These are all so sweet - I think I'm gonna' cry!:D
Our 3.5 yo DS has been to Disney four times. In Ocotber 2001 we went for the Not So Scary Halloween Party. He started asking as soon as we got home when we were going to Disney again.
We went for the entire month of June this year.
Almost EVERY day he tells us he wants to go to Disney or asks when we're going. (For the month of June again.)
It's so pitiful.
We weren't even home from the last trip when he first said he wanted to go to Disney again. I agree - it is genetic. They can't help it.

Yep, my DH thinks I planted the disney fever in our 2.5 year old too. Last week he was having one of your typical two year old break downs and while crying on my lap, he says "I need to go on Small After All!" I just had to giggle.

Last night we got in the car to drive to my sisters and as we started to drive, he says, "Okay, I'll take a nap in the car and Daddy, you drive and drive and take us to Disney world." (We drove on our last trip.)

We took our DD when she was 9 months old. Now she is 21 months old and looks at the photo album all the time. She loves WDW books and is driving us crazy with the beach party at WDW and Disneyland fun videos. I even when on line and got the camping at WDW and Mickey Circus ones. The Mickey Christmas one is good to. (but I am putting it way for next year now.)

She is just in love with Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh. We wached the Christmas Parade and keep telling her "we are going there soon."

2 more months to go, I can't wait. This trip will be very different then last years. I hope the charaters don't scare her too much, I guess we can look at them from afar if they do.

These stories were wonderful to read - I have goose bumps.

We went with DS in April when he was 14 months and I just convinced DH to go again in February (DS will be almost 2).

DH thinks DS won't care that we are going again, but I know in my heart that this trip will make a lasting impression on DS and am hoping he will get the Disney Fever...like me :bounce:

My 3yo went when she was 20 months and again for her 3rd birthday in August. I can't even count the amount of times in a week she asks me if we can go to Mickey's House. When you ask her where she lives her reply is, "At Mickey's House in Florida" My family thinks I have brain washed her but I swear its all her lol. She keeps talking about eating breakfast with Cinderella again and she was pissed for 2 weeks after we saw the disney princesses on ice becasue she couldnt hug her.

After reading all of these adorable stories, I REALLY can't wait to take my two. DS will be almost 3 and DD will be almost 1. My DH is always teasing me about being on these boards and loving WDW so I can't wait for my two to start bugging him to go again!!
Great stories!

We, I mean Santa, just brought our 2.5 year old daughter a whole new Princess bedroom fro Christmas. The playroom became her new bedroom and her old room will be the new ones room soon.
Complete with pink walls, the Disney store Princess border, comforter, sheets, pillows, and the wall hanging thing, rug, etc..
She is so excited about it! Every night she says, "do I get to sleep in my Disney room". She gives Snow White, Princess Belle and Turnarelly (she has excellent pronunciation but for some reason calls Cinderella, turnarelly) a good night kiss before she lays down.
When she sees a plane in the air, she says "Is that going to Disney World Daddy?"
Practically daily I hear, "I wanna see Mickey again", "I scream on the tea cups daddy".
Don't let anyone convince you that a 2year old will not remember a trip to disney and that you should wait until they get older. Oh they remember all right!

Bill

Thank you HoosierFantasia. We did receive comments from people when we took DS at 14 months, but we ignored them (like we will ignore them now). We have wonderful photographs that DS looks at almost daily. And we have memories that bring tears to my & DH's eyes when we recall them (such as the look on DS's face when the parade came past him at MK - he turned to DH & in awe said, "Did oooo see dat?")

My DS has been twice: once at 14 mos. (he doesn't really remember that one, it was only two days and mostly for me!) and last Nov/Dec @ 2yrs (4 day WDW @ Contemporary/3 day Wonder). He (like me!) is now totally addicted to Disney World! Watches our vacation video at least once a week; bedroom is Buzz Lightyear (which is how he introduces himself to people!). He totally loved the cruise too. Acted like he owned the "Mickey Boat" and wants to go on it again.

He said yesterday that he was going back. When I asked when he was going, he said tomorrow. I asked how he was getting there, and he said "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!"

My boy is too cute! :earsboy:

I am now trying to plan a trip for this year!

This is a great reassuring thread to read and I am so glad we ignored those who said DS (2.2ish) will be too young to go. Christmas is now out of the way, and I cannot wait for the next seven weeks to pass.

Andy

I know I've already posted about my DD's & them getting "the fever" when they were young, but I just have to say what a great thread this is.

I also have so many pictures of my DD's when they were young. Of course, they don't remember (just like many people said they wouldn't) but those memories are for me & DH - they are priceless. :D :D :D :D

We start them young don't we? :teeth: When Atlantis came out we told the kids we were going to go see it after lunch. Our (then) 2 yo ds said he didn't want to go. So our oldest dd said, "It's a Disney movie." Well, that's all you had to say. We could hardly get him to eat his lunch because he wanted to go to the "Disney Movies" When we drove up and parked at our local multi-plex theater he pitched a fit. Refused to get out of the car. I finally got him calmed down enough to tell me what was wrong. He thought we were going to Disney to see a movie. I sent my dh and the girls to see the movie and I took him to the mall to the Disney store (it's the best I could do) LOL!! We "played" there for almost an hour with the store CM's entertaining him and having a great laugh over his thinking he was going to actually go to Disney rather than just the movies. Fortunately, I got to see the movie after I picked dh and the girls up!

My son is now 4.5 and he knows all about our "Disney Fund" We drop all our spare change into a mug on the top of the fridge each day. Whenever he finds any money on the ground he gives it to me and says, "Here, Mommy, put this in the Disney Fund."

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter