2 weeks solo anyone done it?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
Hey, has anyone ever done 2 weeks solo at WDW or is 2 weeks too much? I’m from the UK so a 2 week vacation is doable

Hey, has anyone ever done 2 weeks solo at WDW or is 2 weeks too much? I’m from the UK so a 2 week vacation is doable

I usually do shorter trips when solo, but if you're okay with it, then why not. 2 full weeks at WDW may be a bit much so you may want to roll-in some other things too, even if just in the Orlando area. If being solo for that long bothers you, maybe you could arrange for some meet-ups or something. I'm sure you'll have fun either way.

I did 10 days solo w a couple of days at Universal and then a week at WDW. But I live in Atlanta so it’s a much shorter trip than coming from the UK. You could do a couple of days at Universal, do a beach day or hit the waterparks. You could definitely take your time at the park instead of doing 10 hours a day in the parks.

I have done 10 days once and it worked out well. Just pace yourself and enjoy the magic of Disney.

The longest I've done is 12 days solo. I did a split stay, and on "moving day", I went to DS for a while, then to my new resort. Enjoyed doing a split stay with that many days.

I did a week at Universal followed by a week at Disney last year which was great. In fact I’m doing it again this May!

No but would love to. I'm doing 7 nights, 7 days PHs in April, that is the longest I've gone solo. I could see a lot of relaxing by the pool and just chilling in the parks if I were to do 2 weeks.

Yes, but I travel solo a lot and for longer when I can (Australian). I think 2 weeks is good if you’ve got to travel that far, adjust to jet lag, have relaxation time, etc.

I do two weeks (sometimes more) at least twice a year but I also visit SeaWorld and Universal. My trips look something like this:
2-3 days SeaWorld
7-9 Disney
4-5 days Universal

The num of days in each park depends on the time of year and my budget. I‘LL sometimes go to SeaWorld from my Disney resort. (I camp at Ft Wilderness). Depending on the SW area hotel rates and my rate at Disney I sometimes I book a hotel within walking distance from SW. I book a hotel for 4-5 nights at Universal.

Two weeks of Disney only would probably be too much for me.

Edited to add: I’m pretty introverted and, while I do miss my theme park hating spouse, I’m not someone who gets lonely.

I've gone on two week trips many times but not just to WDW. After 4 or 5 days I'm so sick of the mouse that I find myself looking for some giant mouse traps. So I explore the rest of central Florida and beyond for the rest of the time. That was back when you could be spontaneous when it came to deciding what park you wanted to go too. Most of the time that decision was made at breakfast. All but one of my 48 trips to WDW I stayed offsite. One time I made the decision as I approached the entrance to World Drive and in a split second decided to keep driving by and ended up in Silver Springs for the day.

That type of spontaneity is close to impossible now. I made the trip to Florida to go to Florida which is why I usually went in late February and my target destination was WDW each time, but only for whatever days filled my desire. I've been to just about every tourist trap that they have down there and would intersperse my WDW days with breaks between it to see other things. Yes, it did require having a vehicle, which I either rented or drove there but my love for WDW would have faded much sooner if I hadn't found a way to break it up and see something different. Just me, I guess because even though I have talked about my touring style, I have yet to find anyone that does the same thing. I have wandered coast to coast from Tampa to Cocoa Beach. Down to Key west and up to Silver Springs. Drove west from Miami through the Everglades at midnight and was the only car on the road the entire way. I do so miss my ability to do that now.

My very first solo trip was 2 weeks. Since then I typically do eight 7 or 10 night trips once a year. My last trip was 5 nights at Universal then 14 nights in The World.

2 weeks in not too much!

The longest we've done WDW exclusive was 12 days and honestly I felt that was a great amount of time. That said, we're a family with littles, and just the logistics of that eats up a lot of time that a solo traveler wouldn't need. Also, when we've stayed that long we've done split stays and that helps keep the trip feeling fresh.

I might not do a solo trip for 2 full weeks, but a 2-week solo trip to Florida which includes WDW sounds fabulous. Personally, I would probably do a week(ish) at WDW, transfer and maybe do Universal for 2 days or so, then travel to the Gulf Coast and spend a few days in that area before heading home.

I've not done a 2 week solo but before I was solo it was common to book a 12 night family trip. We were DVC and at that time the points needed for M - F were the same for Sat + Sun. We would bracket a weekend and either book the weekend dates on cash or move to another resort for 2 days.

The thing I enjoyed most about those trips was that on a one week trip you truly started feeling loose and fully relaxed about halfway through the first week. One a one week trip you knew you only had a few more days of this. With a 12 night trip you realized there was another week and a half of feeling that way. It was a truly wonderful feeling !

My longest solo was 12 nights. If you are normally a open to close person rushing from ride to ride, try and pace yourself.

Because you can move faster as a solo, you can do even more. In combination with Florida heat, you can wear yourself out. Take time for breaks or even a breakday, don't forget to recharge.

The wonderful thing about a long stay is even if you're rope-drop-to-close person you don't need to be after the first four days. Most folks rope-drop-to-close because they have only a few days in the parks and want to see everything. Staying 10 to 12 to 14 nights means you can see everything without the rush.

I did 2 weeks solo last year from UK, my first solo trip to Disney. Delayed there due to Ian, ended up being 19 days. Apart from Ian I loved it. So much I am going again this year!
it was great to do what I wanted and not rush around so 2 weeks worked out great for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter