2 weeks out... If I can only get late afternoon/evening fast passes....

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
Should I book those? Or should I book morning fast passes at not so hard-to-get rides, so that I can try to get additional fast passes after those are used? Sorry if this has been asked. I looked and looked, and couldn't find it.

You should book fp for your priority rides. Pick 3 rides at each park that you MUST do. Book those, it doesn't matter what time especially if they are high value attractions. If you have a flexible plan you can plan around the fp you have. Now if the fps are for not so popular rides then you could book morning ones and get extra fp as the day goes on
What are you thinking of booking?

You should book fp for your priority rides. Pick 3 rides at each park that you MUST do. Book those, it doesn't matter what time especially if they are high value attractions. If you have a flexible plan you can plan around the fp you have. Now if the fps are for not so popular rides then you could book morning ones and get extra fp as the day goes on
What are you thinking of booking?
That's the thing, though, our must-haves are gone because I waited so long. I just wondered if there would be a better chance of getting some last minute if we'd already used up our first 3. Thank you for your input!

I would see if any must do rides are still available and book those - if not, book anything and keep checking. People will change plans day before/day of and if your group is small you might have luck adjusting things.

That's personal preference. At two weeks out you're going to find the pickings less than ideal. My personal strategy would be to grab whatever is available and then modify it day of.
Yes, I'm definitely finding less than ideal pickings. I'll do the best I can. :) Thank you!

That's the thing, though, our must-haves are gone because I waited so long. I just wondered if there would be a better chance of getting some last minute if we'd already used up our first 3. Thank you for your input!
it won't matter if you already booked or are starting fresh to check for other fp. In your case I would book just to have something and then check through out your day here

Better to have something than nothing. I can remember back in 2015 when I knew nothing about the new FP+ I purposely waited till about 3 weeks out to book ours. I was annoyed and didn't want to be bothered. I liked the old system when you went to the ride in the park and got your FP then. Because we always did rope drop, I never had issues on getting those FPs. Needless to say, I got some poopy FPs back then and I knew nothing of the modify and refresh. This time, I booked 60 days out and got all our must dos! Looking forward to seeing how that refresh works once we are there. From what you see that's left, go ahead and book the ones that interest you even if they don't need a FP. I booked a FP for Living With the Land....and that does NOT need one. At the time I was trying to stay close to Soarin' because we were going to do Standby on that one and FP the rides nearby. I'm no longer doing Soarin, but will hold onto Living With the Land and Figment and try to modify those up to earlier times once we do Test Track at 9:40.

Should I book those? Or should I book morning fast passes at not so hard-to-get rides, so that I can try to get additional fast passes after those are used? Sorry if this has been asked. I looked and looked, and couldn't find it.

Many people prefer afternoon fast passes to take advantage of low morning crowds. That’s what we do. Never morning fast passes.

Grab what you can and continue to try to modify over the next couple of weeks unless there are one or two rides you're ok rope dropping.

We planned a trip in 8 days last April. We were able to get everything in that 8 days between booking and our trip except FoP (and we ended up getting a same day FP for FoP). 7DMT was only available for evening times so we didn't end up reserving it and we went there at RD one day. Everything else we got with only a little persistence. So, my advice is keep checking whenever you get a free moment until your trip. :)

We park hop and I always schedule fp for our evening park and do secondary rides early in the morning at our first park.
I thought about giving the refresh method a try but I don’t like being on my phone any more than I have to while I’m in the parks and don’t want to spend time refreshing hunting for FPs.

But for you, if there’s nothing left that you really want that much, book early times and try for more. It’s going to take some luck to get the headliners though.

Book late evening for the best rides you can get. Show up before rope drop & hit your other favorite top-tier rides at opening before the lines get too long. Have a nice sit-down late lunch or early dinner in between, along with shows & other nice but not top-tier attractions. If your resort is close to the park, you can return to the resort for a rest or swim midday.

i would FP the best rides that you can at the best times you can get.
Then start working on modifying them.
Agree with showing up at RD and ride the ones you couldn't get a FP for. Usually you can get 2-3 of those before the park gets too crowded.
Good luck

I guess it depends on how busy the parks are and to a lesser extent which park you are at. But I'm not sure crowds are ever low enough now for me to spend an entire morning/afternoon without FP. I've even dropped FoP for the late afternoon because there was nothing with a wait time low enough I was willing to wait on so it would be hours of doing nothing. I prefer to work the system, and either just wait standby for that ONE hard to get ride, or eventually luck into one.

But it's definitely personal preference. And if someone was going for their first time, and they HAD to ride something and were not willing to rope drop it or ride at park close then I'd hold on to the FP.

I guess it depends on how busy the parks are and to a lesser extent which park you are at. But I'm not sure crowds are ever low enough now for me to spend an entire morning/afternoon without FP.
This. We went during Spring Break, with very high crowds. I had a few very early FPs, e.g. 9:30, and never felt like they were "wasted," because waits were often over an hour already by that point. Better to get them out of the way and get on the 4th FP. On a lower crowd visit, it could be desirable to get them later, like 11-12-1.

if it were me, I would book whatever I could now, and refresh day of
On Saturday we rode these rides just by using Refresh:
Soarin
Nemo
Mission Space
Space Mountain
Barnstormer
Tea Cups
Pooh
Buzz
Pirates
BTMRR
Aladdin's carpets
7DMT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter