2 Weeks - Car Rental

zacno

Earning My Ears
June 2010 my family will be taking a trip to CA. As my husband will be in Reno for a few days at the end of June, me and my 2 sons will fly out to meet him there.
We want to rent a car in Reno and return it in San Diego. We want to go to Yosemite, SF, Monterey, and other stops down the coast. How soon should I be looking to rent the car and any ideas on how to get the best deal?
Any ideas or past experience advice would be appreciated. Lisa

I don't think you can make a reservation more than a year out. That said, it's never too early to reserve a car (once the companies will allow you). I usually reserve and cancel many times before a trip like you are taking. I shop on a regular basis using all the codes I can find . . . if I get a better deal than I have, a new ressie and then cancel the old. I probably spend hours shopping, but I have saved significant amounts.

As DH will be in Reno before you and DSs arrive, will he need a car then? If not it may be a better deal to rent from a non-airport location.

If you want to stay in the park at Yosemite, make those ressies early too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter