2 weeks away! When should I make room request at poly?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
im getting over a HORRID long cold and feeling so run down. I’d like to make a request to be as close to monorail as possible but also somewhere pretty quiet bc I need to get as much sleep as possible. Should I call poly and make the request?

You can’t “call Poly” - but you can call the main WDW reservation number (407-939-5277) and ask to have any requests noted on your reservation.

Rooms are assigned around 5’ish days out, so I’d go ahead and call relatively soon just so you don’t forget.

What view category do you have booked? That can help people provide a bit more specific advice/recommendations as far as room and/or longhouse requests.

Sorry about your cold, hope it clears fully by your trip.

You can’t “call Poly” - but you can call the main WDW reservation number (407-939-5277) and ask to have any requests noted on your reservation.

Rooms are assigned around 5’ish days out, so I’d go ahead and call relatively soon just so you don’t forget.

What view category do you have booked? That can help people provide a bit more specific advice/recommendations as far as room and/or longhouse requests.

Sorry about your cold, hope it clears fully by your trip.

Good to know, thanks! We have a standard view :)

Good to know, thanks! We have a standard view :)

With a Standard View room and your desire to be close the Grand Ceremonial House, my opinion on a longhouse request would be Rarotonga. First floor rooms have patios, third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms do not have an outdoor space. So, if this were me we'd probably request "Rarotonga longhouse, first or third floor."

I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions as well.

Enjoy your trip.

Edit to add, usual caveat that requests are just requests and are never guaranteed.

Last edited:
Rarotonga is our favorite longhouse because it’s quiet, close to the grand ceremonial house, extremely close to the busses and the shortest walk (for standard views) to the TTC (Epcot monorail).

With a Standard View room and your desire to be close the Grand Ceremonial House, my opinion on a longhouse request would be Rarotonga. First floor rooms have patios, third floor rooms have balconies, second floor rooms do not have an outdoor space. So, if this were me we'd probably request "Rarotonga longhouse, first or third floor."

I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions as well.

Enjoy your trip.

Edit to add, usual caveat that requests are just requests and are never guaranteed.

Rarotonga is our favorite longhouse because it’s quiet, close to the grand ceremonial house, extremely close to the busses and the shortest walk (for standard views) to the TTC (Epcot monorail).

Thanks so much to you both! Do you think it would help if I explained I’ll be just getting over a long illness and trying to minimize walking because I’ve been feeling weak?

Thanks so much to you both! Do you think it would help if I explained I’ll be just getting over a long illness and trying to minimize walking because I’ve been feeling weak?

I probably wouldn’t. My personal theory with room requests is to keep it super simple. Less chance of transcription error, better chance of a room assignor reading them. While I have no personal knowledge of how room assignors work, I suspect they have hundreds and hundreds of rooms to deal with each day and it’s a giant Tetris game, so the less words you use, the better.

BUT, others may feel differently.

I probably wouldn’t. My personal theory with room requests is to keep it super simple. Less chance of transcription error, better chance of a room assignor reading them. While I have no personal knowledge of how room assignors work, I suspect they have hundreds and hundreds of rooms to deal with each day and it’s a giant Tetris game, so the less words you use, the better.

Ok sounds good . Thanks!

Also, don't use "negative requests" such as "not connecting". It's far too easy for the assigner to miss the "not" in the volume of work s/he is doing and give you exactly what you didn't want. (More than a few stories on these boards of people at BWI asking for "not a view of the clown pool" and looking right at the clown just as one example.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter