2 Studios at POP vs All Star Music Family or AoA Family

StacyLovesDisney

Mouseketeer
Hello! Looking for suggestions. One adult couple plus 1 26 year old daughter and 1 17 year old son. we currently have 2 preferred studios booked at Pop in April but can save about $1k if we book one of the Family suites at All Star Music. I love the idea of Pop for the skyline access but that money sure is a savings just not sure if it would be worth switching. If we move over to All Star, its all buses. AoA would get us sklyliner but I actually don't love the layout as much only from what I see online. We went with Pop so that the boys could have one room and the girls another just to not be in eachothers way and to get 2 bathrooms. TIA

Hello! Looking for suggestions. One adult couple plus 1 26 year old daughter and 1 17 year old son. we currently have 2 preferred studios booked at Pop in April but can save about $1k if we book one of the Family suites at All Star Music. I love the idea of Pop for the skyline access but that money sure is a savings just not sure if it would be worth switching. If we move over to All Star, its all buses. AoA would get us sklyliner but I actually don't love the layout as much only from what I see online. We went with Pop so that the boys could have one room and the girls another just to not be in eachothers way and to get 2 bathrooms. TIA
Did you look into a Family Suite at Pop? Do you mean a regular preferred room? Studios are normally at DVC properties. The Skyliner is a definite positive.

I'd go to AoA. Room layout aside, I like the common areas of the resort much better. The Pop and All Star themes are very generic. Obviously Art of Animation is no Animal Kingdom Lodge in terms of theming, but it's at least very *Disney.* It also has much better food than the All Stars, plus the Skyliner like you said.

I'd go to AoA. Room layout aside, I like the common areas of the resort much better. The Pop and All Star themes are very generic. Obviously Art of Animation is no Animal Kingdom Lodge in terms of theming, but it's at least very *Disney.* It also has much better food than the All Stars, plus the Skyliner like you said.
do y'all have a favorite of the family suites? Nemo, Lion King or Cars? I heard Nemo is closest to common areas, do you know if that is accurate?

do y'all have a favorite of the family suites? Nemo, Lion King or Cars? I heard Nemo is closest to common areas, do you know if that is accurate?
Yeah, Nemo is connected to the lobby and has the main pool. Cars and Lion King are on each side of Nemo. Mermaid (regular rooms, not family suites) are beyond Lion King.

Nemo usually costs a little bit more, and to me it's too crowded. We like the Cars area, but it's a very short walk to Nemo to use the main pool, grab a meal, fill your mug, etc.

With the suite at Music you also get a little kitchen area with a full fridge, microwave to prepare light meals. You can save a ton of money on just breakfast and/or light lunch and snacks. The main bedroom becomes a living room with sofa during the day to watch t.v, relax so you are not always lying down on the bed. And, well, $1000 is a lot of money to pass up on.

Just to add the family suites at Music are in the preferred buildings so a much shorter walk to the busses/food court as well.

The AoA suites have two bathrooms. That's my preferred setup as the bathrooms are separated and therefore the one in the proper bedroom has a good deal of privacy. In addition, the bathroom off the living room is a split setup - so someone can be showering, while someone else uses the sink area to get ready.

I really love the king sized bed in the AoA bedroom too. My kids were still small enough when we stayed at AoA that we didn't need to use the sofa bed, the regular and Murphy bed were sufficient. My last plus for AoA as I found the rooms to be much quieter than our room at All Stars.

The Skyliner is so clutch. Is it $1000 clutch? I don't know. We don't take a car to Disney, if we did, I'd probably be happy to save the $1000 and just drive to/from the parks to avoid the buses. Good luck with your decision!

The AoA suites have two bathrooms. That's my preferred setup as the bathrooms are separated and therefore the one in the proper bedroom has a good deal of privacy. In addition, the bathroom off the living room is a split setup - so someone can be showering, while someone else uses the sink area to get ready.

I really love the king sized bed in the AoA bedroom too. My kids were still small enough when we stayed at AoA that we didn't need to use the sofa bed, the regular and Murphy bed were sufficient. My last plus for AoA as I found the rooms to be much quieter than our room at All Stars.

The Skyliner is so clutch. Is it $1000 clutch? I don't know. We don't take a car to Disney, if we did, I'd probably be happy to save the $1000 and just drive to/from the parks to avoid the buses. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks! which section did you stay in?

Thanks! which section did you stay in?

We were in Nemo strictly because the color scheme for the other sections felt busy to me. Location was good as we were at the end of a hallway so we could just walk out the door and down the stairs for easy access to the lobby (outside, nothing is connected to the lobby directly). On the way to/from the Skyliner we could do the same thing to stay in/get into the air conditioning faster.

One other thing I just remembered. Our floors felt cleaner at AoA. I don't know if that was a difference with the cleaning crew or the difference between interior vs exterior hallways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter