• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 mornings/opening at MK - how to do it?

zulaya

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW from Dec 3-11. Dec 4 is actually our first day to be at parks and we leave early afternoon on Dec 11.

We always do at least 1 opening at MK, do MK in the AM and leave after lunch for a break or another park.

In the past we have always done Cindy's breakfast, which really is one of the things my DH HAS to do. (Yes, you read that right, it's my DH that wants to eat with the princesses every trip.)

I don't mind...he doesn't ask for much on these trips so I am totally willing to do it.

My problem is that I really want to eat at Crystal Palace for breakfast after reading the recent review in the Allears newsletter.

Now, when do we work in another morning at MK? We could maybe just enter the park to eat, but really can you do that and not do MK? I don't think I could and I am pretty sure DH and the kids couldn't. So it'd have to be the AM at least.

Here's what my schedule is like so far:

Sat Dec 4 - MGM/Epcot
Sun Dec 5 - Not sure about AM but doing MVMCP that night
Mon Dec 6 - AM?
Tues Dec 7 -AM?
Weds Dec 8 - Discovery Cove
Thurs. Dec 9 - MK EE/PM?
Fri. Dec 10 - AM?
Sat. Dec 11 - probably not going to parks just by virtue of plane departure time

As long as your family doesn't mind getting up early, I don't see why you can't do a breakfast at CP. We are doing one there on a Weds. in July. We made the PS for 8:15 a.m. before the park opens. Hopefully we can eat and then be ready to hit the rides when the park opens. I like to think of it as our own little Early Entry. From your schedule I would recommend doing MK breakfast on Tues. and/or Sun, which is also an EE day. Another possibility is to make make your PS very late in the morning.

I wouldn't be able to do breakfast at MK without doing a few things in the park. You could just stay for a couple of hours before or after breakfast and then head to another park.

I'd go Tuesday morning, and on the EMH Thursday, go to MK and have a later breakfast(around 10am?) when traffic in the park starts to pick up. The good thing is about this time of year is that the parks are all pretty light (except for special events such as MVMCP).:earsboy:

Well, we always take advantage of EMH at the parks, especially the MK. For our trip in Sept, I just made a PS this morning for Weds, 9/22 at CRT before the park opens at 8:10. This will allow us to eat & then be ready to hit the park right around 9 when it opens that morning. For our 11 night trip - we will be at the MK when it opens probably 5 of those mornings. We find it is the best time to get everything done while others are sleeping in.

On one EMH morning for MK we are doing a 10 am or so PS for Crystal Palace. That way we'll get there at 8 & do many rides before our late breakfast. One morning we're even planning on Chef Mickey's at 7 am to be at MK at 8 am for EMH. I think there's many ways you can do it - & Crystal Palace is by far our favorite breakfast at WDW - I'd definitely try to fit it in if you can! HTH! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter