• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~2 MORE ROOMS UPDATED - BATHROOMS done (WITH PICTURES)

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
We've been busy!!!

Continuing on with the updates to current condo since deciding not to build/move, we've gotten the 2 bathrooms done now. (Guest room/ craft/office was earlier this year.)

We removed old wallpaper borders, had to fix wall damage caused by that, tackle small mold problem. The vinyl floors had been done last year in anticipation of selling.

Then we painted. Ripped out old laminate counters with drop in sinks & those 1980 faucets with clear knobs. Put in new Swanstone solid surface countertops/sinks (one piece) & new faucets. THANK YOU EBAY for saving us a ton on that!!!! And new artwork, decorations & accessories. Most that I had bought & picked out for the new condo had we moved. It had all been bought on sale....and I hated to return it since I really like it all.

3 pictures from FULL bath (green walls) --- 6 pictures from HALF bath (tan walls)
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4002141&a=32272769&vt=vp

Next project, replace the bay window. It was the only window that we didn't do when we did the others 4 yrs ago. 2 people coming in the next week to give quotes on that.

Our condo is 20 yrs old this year. But its coming into the 21st century!!!!!

So, whose house is next when I'm done? I don't have a WHOLE lot left to do here. LOL We aren't fast, but we are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, SPLASH, those bathrooms look awesome. Good job with EBAY!!!

Love the colors you picked as well.

The art work is beautiful.

:goodvibes

Thanks. :blush: Decorating (on a budget) is one of my hobbies. But hard to convince DH to paint. I've had white walls for the past 13 yrs. Finally --- COLOR!!!!

I forgot to add that in the 1/2 bath, I have one more thing to get. My mom makes shell mirrors & wreaths & Christmas ornaments -- all with seashells. They are REALLY beautiful. Not these tacky things you see sometimes. She's been doing it over 30 yrs & selling them to Cape Cod gift shops. She also does custom orders. Each one is different. So, she's making one up & I will put it over the toilet.

I wish the paint colors came out right in the photos. The store helped me get the colors just right. I dragged in all my stuff & artwork & flooring sample & towel bar since it was close in color to counter top. The paint store was awesome. I wasn't so sure on that green, but they were right. It looks better in person -- REALLY!!!

FreshTressa said:
VERY nice!

What brand/shade of green did you use?

Its Benjamin Moore Georgian Green HC-115 from their Historical Colors collection.

Its an odd green. I would never have picked it from the swatch alone, but the color was in all the accessories. I was trying to play it safe & pick a boring color. They gave me a sample to try. Once it was on the wall, I was sold. Of course though, I don't think I'll ever find anything years from now to match it. Guess DH will have to paint again some day. lol

I just did my bathroom and did it green as well. We had to retint the green three times to get it right.

Its really pretty!

Cindy B said:
I just did my bathroom and did it green as well. We had to retint the green three times to get it right.

Its really pretty!

I've learned to take everything I'm going to use in the room to the BM paint store...and get them to help me pick a color. (including any colors that might be in an adjoining room or hall if important to know) I tell them about any lighting or windows in the room. What direction the windows face. Any indirect light. They are great!!!! Paint color is the LAST thing I decide on or buy. All my other stuff comes first.

DH calls them my "personal decorators". ;) My secret. shhhhh

Didn't have to adjust the color at all. I've done that enough times in the past. I think that's why I lived with white walls for so long. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter