2 ECVS or 1 ECV and 1 wheelchair

dthogue

DIS Veteran
my family will be traveling to WDW in November. my sister will be bringing her ECV. Due to health issues I will need to rent either an ECV or wheelchair. We are staying at All Stars Music and will be utilizing Disney transportation. How much trouble will we have traveling with 2 scooters? My husband has said he would push me in a wheelchair and I assume that would be easier, but I don't want to wear him out, we will be there for 9 days. any suggestions or tips.

Most Disney buses only fit 2 scooters at a time, so be prepared to be on different buses if there's already a scooter ahead of you.

Two scooters can fit in one room, but it's tricky to maneuver in and out out of the room. This is based on you getting a scooter from an outside vendor. You can get the table removed from your room and this makes it much easier. Now, if you are in separate rooms it's a non issue.

The previous poster is right with regard to Disney buses. You'll either have to separate on the bus if only one spot is open for a scooter or you will both have to wait for a second bus to get on together.

I would do the two scooters. Your husband will last longer in the parks not pushing a wheelchair. You're there for a long time.

Another option is to rent a scooter yourself in the park, but that will more than likely be double in price. In addition, you risk not getting a scooter at Disney; there is not an unlimited supply.

Last edited:
For our upcoming trip, we'll be getting a scooter for my mom and we were discussing if we wanted to talk to the company who sometimes rents scooters to teens who have experience with them for my teen who needs a mobility device (she uses a scooter at school sometimes). I'm the one who pushes our DD in the chair so I was really wanting to consider it. We'll be staying at ASMu and buses made our minds up for us. With the manual chair we typically fold it up and hold it like a stroller on the buses since it's so much faster plus we take up less seats that way. If we got her a scooter and also had the one my mom uses I figure we'd like either have to split up a lot or wait for another bus a lot. With the manual chair we only need 1 tie down spot and as long as she has a seat then we can all go on that same bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter