2 day park hopper strategy

40ariel

Mouseketeer
We are planning on doing 2 day park hopper plus tickets. For budget reasons we would prefer not to buy $ILL or G+. We are staying on site, AKL, very busy time of year. We will be renting a car. My family loves Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom but they also really love Guardians of the Galaxy which is the reason for Park Hopper tickets. My family looks forward to the sit down buffet breakfasts more than the parks and rides and cannot be missed. Without the buffet breakfasts, the trip will unravel. 🤣

Just wondering if I am missing something, or if there is a better strategy. Wondering if we should use rental car on park days or rely on Disney Transportation.

Current plan:
1st park day: with Extra Evening Theme Park Hours at MK:
-7am TRON virtual queue, Magic Kingdom Early Entry: Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain before TRON Virtual Queue. Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 10:30am.
-Park hop to EPCOT before 1pm: Guardians virtual queue. Optional: Remy's standby and Test Track Single Rider.
-Return to the resort for a break.
-6pm TRON Virtual Queue
- Geyser Point for late dinner
- MK: TRON Virtual Queue, Tomorrowland Speedway, Haunted Mansion. Optional: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs.

2nd park day:
-7am Guardians virtual queue if return time still not being enforced.
-AK Early Entry Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids. Breakfast at Tusker House at 10:20am.
-Return to resort for a break.
-Park hop to EPCOT for Guardians virtual queue.
-EPCOT Quick Service Dinner: Regal Eagle Smokehouse.
-Park hop to Hollywood Studios: Tower of Terror, Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run Optional: Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania.

We are planning on doing 2 day park hopper plus tickets. For budget reasons we would prefer not to buy $ILL or G+. We are staying on site, AKL, very busy time of year. We will be renting a car. My family loves Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom but they also really love Guardians of the Galaxy which is the reason for Park Hopper tickets. My family looks forward to the sit down buffet breakfasts more than the parks and rides and cannot be missed. Without the buffet breakfasts, the trip will unravel. 🤣
I'm just teasing because I suspect you know this, but this might be the most expensive way possible to do the least amount of stuff.

There is absolutely zero chance that you get to all of the stuff on your list. Park hopping and buffet breakfast and midday resort breaks and no Genie+?

I'm just teasing because I suspect you know this, but this might be the most expensive way possible to do the least amount of stuff.
No I didn't know this. Please enlighten me. Please tell me how I can accomplish these rides differently. I appreciate any suggestions!

No I didn't know this. Please enlighten me. Please tell me how I can accomplish these rides differently. I appreciate any suggestions!
The biggest thing would be to not leave the parks midday and do fewer scheduled meals. Three sit-down meals in two days is a huge time suck. Park hoppers are extremely expensive on a per-day basis when you have a shorter trip, so if you're going to spend on them you want to maximize the hours you're actually in the park.

If you can persuade the family to skip Guardians, I think Genie+ on a full Magic Kingdom day will be way more fun-per-dollar than Park Hopper, and it'll be cheaper too.

The biggest thing would be to not leave the parks midday and do fewer scheduled meals. Three sit-down meals in two days is a huge time suck. Park hoppers are extremely expensive on a per-day basis when you have a shorter trip, so if you're going to spend on them you want to maximize the hours you're actually in the park.

If you can persuade the family to skip Guardians, I think Genie+ on a full Magic Kingdom day will be way more fun-per-dollar than Park Hopper, and it'll be cheaper too.
Thank you for your suggestions. I really appreciate your insight. We normally do 4 day tickets, one park per day, but our budget simply will not allow it this trip.

You do not have a long list of rides however VQ are very unpredictable as far as return times. I would plan on staying at MK and trying to fit in all you want to do there doing a CS breakfast at best. Plan on going to EPCOT for the Guardians VQ Having a Sitdown later lunch as your break. Going back to your resort will take time as well as going to another resort for a late meal. I would plan on staying in the parks the entire day and having tentative DP. This may allow to return to your resort and go to MK later in the night to do more if you want expect MK to be VERY crowded closer to the normal closing time and thin out a lot about an hour into the EMH. I will say 2 things Guardians plan on an hour from when you get in line. Tron was very short once called -this may change- but certainly not worth doing twice. Guardians is worth trying to get on twice. I would do AK and HS in the mornings as the rides you want are the most popular with long lines. We do 2-3 PH days a lot as we still have non expiring passes and just do not go the parks a lot anymore. With that (and my passes running out) you will be far better served with your plans to get 4 day one park tickets for similar price and doing each park one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter