2 day park hopper or 3 days one park?

CamillaF

Mouseketeer
first time in Disney Land with the family. It will be a quick trip and I am debating if I want to get two day park hoppers (will have open to close for both days) or get. a 3 day -1 park per day ticket. If I got the 3 day ticket it would allow us to go on the day we leave (Saturday) our plane is not till 7pm.......

3 day/one park will allow you to soak in each park with less foot work/planning between park hopping. Especially since it's a first family trip. Also, I don't recommend Genie Plus for general visits, but for first or rare visits, absolutely look into adding it.

If park hoppers for 3 days isn't an option, I'd definitely do your DL-DCA-DL plan. You won't have to leave the park until 3 or 4 on your last day, so you'll be able to do alot.

Have fun!
The price for a 2 day park hopper or a 3 day 1 park per day is about the same. I sold the trip to my husband quoting the 2 day park hopper price....... Really don't want the budget to go up by a few more hundred.

If that is the case, you will want to arrive at LAX by 5 pm. Allow 60-90 min to get to LAX. That means you will need to have purchased souvenirs, packed, eaten, used the restroom, get back to your hotel and be on the road by 3:30 pm. You can get quite a bit accomplished between 8 am and 3 pm. I just want to make sure the half day is worth the cost for you.

Are you planning on purchasing Genie +?

If that is the case, you will want to arrive at LAX by 5 pm. Allow 60-90 min to get to LAX. That means you will need to have purchased souvenirs, packed, eaten, used the restroom, get back to your hotel and be on the road by 3:30 pm. You can get quite a bit accomplished between 8 am and 3 pm. I just want to make sure the half day is worth the cost for you.

Are you planning on purchasing Genie +?
I was going to add it day by day. I was thinking the two full ones. We are all TSA pre-check (even the kids), thanks to global entry. Not sure if that will save time at LAX.

I was going to add it day by day. I was thinking the two full ones. We are all TSA pre-check (even the kids), thanks to global entry. Not sure if that will save time at LAX.
What airline (terminal)? And where are you flying to? That makes a difference. How were you planning on getting to/from LAX?

I would do 3 days one park as well and buy Genie+ for the first two days. If you rope drop the third day, you can get a lot done in the AM without Genie+. Same goes for any day, but it's nice to have Genie+ for full park days (we use the strategy of hitting up the must dos in the morning when lines are short, then stack Genie+ attractions for the afternoon and evening).

Depending on when you are going, be aware that G+ does sell out some days, even in the mornings. So if you are going at a busy time, it is safest to purchase it when you buy your tickets (but then you must buy it for all days of the ticket).

Depending on when you are going, be aware that G+ does sell out some days, even in the mornings. So if you are going at a busy time, it is safest to purchase it when you buy your tickets (but then you must buy it for all days of the ticket).
Shouldn't be a problem if they are planning to rode drop.

I would go with the 2 full days of park hopper. CA is not a all day park but its great to have the ability to go back and forth to both parks. One park gets crowded hop over to the other one. I would never do Disneyland without a Hopper. Parks are just to close not to enjoy both on the same day. LAX airport is a mess and traffic going there sucks. You would only have a half a day in the park. Sleep in and get a late check out and head to the airport early. Have an early dinner and no stress once you get there. Either way have a great trip.

I will just say that even though most people (including me) have said to do the 3 days, it does depend on your touring style. For us, we go infrequently (every 2 years) for 3 or 4 days. I can easily spend a whole day at DCA. I might even be able to do two. I would much prefer a third rope drop than the ability to head over to DL for a couple hours on my DCA day. But not everyone would agree. Also consider if you will be stressed going to the park on departure day or not.

The other consideration I would put out there is evening entertainment. I don't know when you're going or what your priorities are but depending on your dates there may only be fireworks on Fri-Sat-Sun. So if fireworks are important then you may want to either consider park hoppers or moving days around so you can access DL on Friday.
WOC at DCA is nightly so you would be able to catch that either way. Fantasmic! also used to be part of this consideration as it also frequently only ran on weekends but I don't know if it will be back when you are going, if you care about F! or if they will follow the same schedule when it returns (I could see them doing it nightly for a while right after its back).

That said, fireworks are always at risk of cancellation at DL due to wind so if you only have one possible fireworks night it could be at risk regardless. Just something to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter