2-day hoppers vs 4 days, 1 park per

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
We’re heading to the bubble the week between Christmas and New Year’s. 5 days. I know the parks will be crowded. But we are committed ripe droppers too.

We kind just want to hit a few rides (you know, the ones that will likely require Genie+) and enjoy resort time.

Trying to decide if packing in two days of hopping will be more or less enjoyable than 4 days at one park per day.

We don not expect to be in the park for New Year’s Eve.

Thoughts on a strategy, Dec. 28-Jan.2.

What exactly is your plan to do the top tier attraction(s?) at the 2 parks you don’t rope drop? And how much do you think you’re gonna accomplish at 1 park in 30 mins of rope drop with What Was I Thinking Level crowds?

Personally I’d do 4 days because as crazy as those rope drop crowds are gonna be, afternoon is gonna be crazier. That way you get to have, albeit VERY brief, early morning time in each park.

Another vote for 4 days. Rope drop, bail when the crowds get bad, come back late in the evening to catch end of night lines or night shows. The 2 day hopper is going to have you in intense crowds much of the time for both of those days.

I also vote for the 4 day option. Transportation takes much longer during that week - lots of crowds, lots of traffic. You will spend so much time actually hopping to another park and that time could be used seeing more attractions in the park you have dedicated your day to.

We’re heading to the bubble the week between Christmas and New Year’s. 5 days. I know the parks will be crowded. But we are committed ripe droppers too.

We kind just want to hit a few rides (you know, the ones that will likely require Genie+) and enjoy resort time.

Trying to decide if packing in two days of hopping will be more or less enjoyable than 4 days at one park per day.

We don not expect to be in the park for New Year’s Eve.

Thoughts on a strategy, Dec. 28-Jan.2.
I think to hop or not is personal.

We prefer not to hop. I find it more stressful especially when crowds are high. When crowds are high I like the option of hitting some rides early before it’s crowded, then taking a break and heading back later in day. You also don’t need to stress about time of your genie+ or ILLs either. Like if you get an afternoon time when you had planned to hop over to another park you then have to decide to skip the ride or use the LL or ILL. Cramming everything into 2 days seems less enjoyable than a leisurely pace over 4 days.

Usually I always lead people in the direction of hoppers, but I agree with others to just have four park days. I think you’d have to cram too much into the two days with crazy crowds to do two day hoppers.

We did the week between Christmas & NY in 2015 and opted for 4 days, 1 park each day. It was remarkably un-stressful. We got to do everything we wanted to do (we're rope droppers) and were able to really enjoy the personalities of each park, not have to rush through meals, etc. I highly recommend doing it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter