2 bed at Kidani. Standard or Savanna?

Savanna view is the only reason I stayed there. SV both times. Nothing like watching the animals while eating breakfast on the balcony.

I haven't stayed at either yet. Why is it that people seem to prefer Jambo over Kidani?
I didn't notice it in the thread. If you are in a 1BR or 2BR, Kidani has and additional bathroom. The "family room/kitchen" portion of the villa has a full bath in it in Kidani.

I’ll report back our experience. We are staying in a Kidani 2 bed standard view at the end of this month. I originally wanted a savanna view, but the room was booked through DVC before they could secure it for me. We won’t be spending a ton of time in the room, but I am looking forward to the resort amenities!

I’ll report back our experience. We are staying in a Kidani 2 bed standard view at the end of this month. I originally wanted a savanna view, but the room was booked through DVC before they could secure it for me. We won’t be spending a ton of time in the room, but I am looking forward to the resort amenities!

Enjoy your vacation! I just saw this thread and was about to comment, but your choice was exactly what I would have done. We’ve stay in both savanna and standard villas and have also stayed at both Jambo and Kidani and we prefer Kidani for the quieter atmosphere and first on, first off bus service. In addition, we prefer the pool area at Kidani, especially with children. As other posters have mentioned, there are many places to view the animals at Kidani and we really don’t spend a lot of time in the villa. Kidani is our favorite resort.

Enjoy! Between a standard view, which can be quite nice or some of those horrid hotel views at Jambo (Take a look to your left as you walk down the path to the bus stops next time you're there, yes, those blocked in balconies are hotel rooms) the Standard view rooms at both resorts are absolute bliss.

I haven't stayed at either yet. Why is it that people seem to prefer Jambo over Kidani?
I'd never choose Jambo over Kidani for one bedroom or two bedroom villas. All two bedroom villas at Jambo are lockoffs, no separate shower in the master bath and the master bath isn't even in the master bedroom. Grand Villas at Jambo have a pool table and they don't have that at KV if that is important. No two story GVs at Jambo House, only one story. The one and two bedroom villas at KV have an extra bathroom off the entrance to the villa (so two in the one bedroom and three in the two bedroom). Lobby is nice in both locations, but I seldom spend much time in the lobby, so grandness isn't a factor for me. Now studios? Eh, either is fine if you book studios. We'd never stay in either studios at KV or JH since there is only one true bed and it's only queen sized.

As for standard or savanna, I can book a standard view at any resort. I can only get a savanna view at AKV/AKL. It's the reason we like to stay there.

Responding to some of the questions above:

1. If room is of any importance in a 1BR or 2BR, Kidani wins hands down over Jambo. Those Kidani rooms are 100 sq ft larger than Jambo, have the extra bathroom and if you get a 2BR dedicated you will have one long balcony running across all three rooms (the lock-offs at Jambo and Kidani divide the studio from the 1BR by a wall on the balcony).

2. If you have savanna view at Kidani, my recommended requests are overlooking Sunset Savanna (more than 80% of all savanna view rooms) and either close to the Rafiki elevator (on the north wing and provides shortest access from the building to a gate to the pool), or close to the Timon elevator (on the south wing and is close to the door on the second floor that goes directly to the bus station). Either request, if met, would also leave you within striking distance of the lobby and any amenities. Do not request close to lobby. It is the request most made, and thus most denied, with the result that you can end up near the end of one of the wings, 1/3 mile from any amenities.

3. As to choosing savanna or standard view, savanna view is definitely better but you have some considerations. If going only two nights, what are your probable plans? If you intend to go to the parks early and stay until dark, then savanna view is not likely worth the points because you have a significant risk of seeing no animals. In other words, you need to be intending to spend some real time in the rooms during daylight hours for the higher cost of savanna view to make sense.

4. Also, if saving points is a primary concern but you still want to try for savanna view, be aware there are a number of rooms overlooking the Pembe savanna (you see animals but no giraffes) that are standard view rooms that were converted from savanna view. To get one while reserving standard view, request room near the Pumba elevator (last elevator on north wing; no other request needed). Just be aware that if you succeed in getting it, you will have very long walks to lobby and bus station and a long walk to pool.

I'd never choose Jambo over Kidani for one bedroom or two bedroom villas. All two bedroom villas at Jambo are lockoffs, no separate shower in the master bath and the master bath isn't even in the master bedroom. Grand Villas at Jambo have a pool table and they don't have that at KV if that is important. No two story GVs at Jambo House, only one story. The one and two bedroom villas at KV have an extra bathroom off the entrance to the villa (so two in the one bedroom and three in the two bedroom). Lobby is nice in both locations, but I seldom spend much time in the lobby, so grandness isn't a factor for me. Now studios? Eh, either is fine if you book studios. We'd never stay in either studios at KV or JH since there is only one true bed and it's only queen sized.

As for standard or savanna, I can book a standard view at any resort. I can only get a savanna view at AKV/AKL. It's the reason we like to stay there.
Thanks for all the info it was very informative

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter