2 adults from AZ to DL Trip

Disney_rider

I'm a walking contradiction... Finally married 10-
hi there
ok so i'm a seasoned DL go'er and my BF who went with me had not been since 2001.This had to be one of the very few not so great trip to DL and DCA i've gone on.
Driving it took me about 6 hours and thats with no real cali traffic i know my way around Orange County since I'm a native.I found a room at the Anaheim Plaza in directly across the street from DCA literally under TOT (but you don't hear the screams odd...) but honestly you can't beat $50 a night.
i would reccomend this hotel to anyone on a budget and that hates to walk long distances to get to and from the park. No free continental but there is a breakfast buffet for $5 not bad.Big pool and clean, very green grounds. the rooms are good size a bit dated you can tell this place was built a while ago.They are doing improvements though.One huge bonus majority of the rooms come with balcony's and the rooms on the ground floor are pretty big.
if your in the king bed rooms you get a frig but the 2 doubles rooms get a microwave and a frig. All in all it's great for the money and a nice place to lay your head after a tireing day.

OK now about DL.please remember it was about 95degrees with 100% humidity all day....And I swear we had the worst luck with rides that day.we ge in the gates at opening and NEMO already had a 2 hour wait.(FASTPASS this ride!!!! Please!!!) We just went elsewhere for a while. We did all of tommorow land in about an hour and half and fastpassed Space mtn.
we moved over too Fantasyland and got our top 5 rides out of the way and moved onto Toontown grabed a fastpass for RR and had a light lunch at pluto's Dog house (not bad at all and i love the new healthier options for meals) We rode gadgets Go coaster Interesting to see 2 grown adults trying to fit in those ride cars:laughing: my BF is 6ft and was kissing his knees I'm 5'2 i fit just fine.After we finish off the houses we go to RR to use our FP yeah it's down they said keep the FP they will be good til close...yeah not we get to walk back here again.
So trying to keep a happy attitude we ride the train back around to main street.FYI NOS station is closed.Now i live in AZ we get up over 100's all through the summer and i was miserable!!!I was sheading layers like a shhepdog at this point. We needed to cool off Ahhhh Adventureland and the safe harbour of the Air Conditioned Tiki room and my all time favorite thing in the world the Dole Whip.....yeah so 2 regular servings and 1 float later we were good to go.And since i grabbed a FP for IJ before we went in we ride hopped all over and there was not really any lines so we make our way over to BTMR and we are sitting in the car ready to go and we are asked to get out because the ride has shut down.ok no biggy they give a bunch of us fast passes.So we just went over to the woody's round-up thing, which is so cool and so decorated. We decide to hit up materhorn CLOSED Finding Nemo Closed AIW CLOSED What the???? ok last chance for RR Finally OPEN!!!!
we even went through Innoventions to kill time and nemo still was closed but it was almost time for POD but Materhorn was open again. And then After POD we decided to try for Nemo one more time YEAH:yay: and a 45min wait not bad at all.So all in all not bad but alot of backtracking and I just hate that.
The day we spent at DCA loved it as always not crowded just awesome and i just love that park. The biggest wait we had was 20 mins for TSMM and even less of a wait the 2nd time we did it.And i finally did Grizzly river rapids cliching my new suede travel purse the entire time.I'm not a rapids ride person but I was being nice for my BF and wanted to do the ride.

All in all it was ok not the best but I always think things can be worse.
Ohhh but one thing there were a ton of Disney "suits" walking around more than i've ever seen and a big group of them were sitting in the little sunken seating area in front of the lake at DCA.I tried getting as close as possible and i did hear the words "water show" i'm sure everyone knows more than me but that's news to me.
Thanks for reading. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter