2 ADR's booked in over an hour

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
My day is today to book all of my ADR's. What the heck is going on? I have only booked 2 adr's in my entire trip so far. It keeps showing nothing available for everything. Epic failure, I have NEVER had this much trouble.

Yes, it is pretty crazy that way right now. We took it as a sign that we should just avoid table service dining altogether right now -- with cases going stratospheric in Florida. So no table service for us for our stay in a couple of weeks. We're all good with that.

Yes, it is pretty crazy that way right now. We took it as a sign that we should just avoid table service dining altogether right now -- with cases going stratospheric in Florida. So no table service for us for our stay in a couple of weeks. We're all good with that.
It really is ridiculous!! I almost feel like postponing the trip, due to all of the craziness.

dining reservations have been very wonky lately. this is what I’ve learned while stalking reservations over the last few weeks- (disclaimer- it’ll probably be different for everyone because disney IT gonna disney IT)

1- Don’t search “breakfast”, pick a time, then start moving back 30 min or up 30 min. For some reason searching the full meal hours is not working for me, it will show NOTHING available, then you tap on like, 9:30, and suddenly 4 restaurants have multiple times open

2- keep refreshing! Just like the old days with FP+, things change a lot, so I just change the time half an hour and check again

3- keep checking! As you get closer, people that have 60 reservations for Friday will be dumping them, stuff pops up early in the morning and late at night

Glad I’m not the only 1. I tried to call right when phone lines opened and the wait was already 2 hours :sad2: nope not doing that. Guess we are all in the same boat. Would be interested to know if those calling in are having any success. Maybe I’ll wait 2 hours at closing time tonight:rotfl2:

dining reservations have been very wonky lately. this is what I’ve learned while stalking reservations over the last few weeks- (disclaimer- it’ll probably be different for everyone because disney IT gonna disney IT)

1- Don’t search “breakfast”, pick a time, then start moving back 30 min or up 30 min. For some reason searching the full meal hours is not working for me, it will show NOTHING available, then you tap on like, 9:30, and suddenly 4 restaurants have multiple times open

2- keep refreshing! Just like the old days with FP+, things change a lot, so I just change the time half an hour and check again

3- keep checking! As you get closer, people that have 60 reservations for Friday will be dumping them, stuff pops up early in the morning and late at night
I was doing all of those things, so frustrating! I'll keep checking, thanks!

One other thing I found, my full length of stay didn’t come up if I tried to search from the restaurant list. I had to go to, each individual restaurant & click check availability. I could then check any day of my stay.

That beginning of October period I think is probably the issue. We’re going last week of September and had no problems.

That beginning of October period I think is probably the issue. We’re going last week of September and had no problems.
We're going the last week of Sept and my day to try is tomorrow. I don't have much in my list, only 3 TS, but I'm not looking forward to it!

I see you're going to be at the Swan. We may end up there too if they don't get the Swan Reserve open in time.

We are end of September into august and the last 2 days of September and first couple days of October are a mess. You’re luck to get 1/2 the results at best. And it’s definitely not restaurants having no availability because it will come back only showing restaurants that start with letters b and c or stop at letter P. It’s all at random but somethings aren’t showing at all no matter what combinations you put in ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. ☝
I can find plenty of times for the ones I am looking for (H&V, Top, CM) but it gives me an error every time on last page. Lets me book a few others, though, with no problems. 🤷‍♀️

This. ☝
I can find plenty of times for the ones I am looking for (H&V, Top, CM) but it gives me an error every time on last page. Lets me book a few others, though, with no problems. 🤷‍♀️
Don’t give up! I’m finally having some success over here. My issue hasn’t been the booking step though just the finding availability. It’s still spotty but I seem to currently be getting better results than I was.

We’re there the last week in September, leaving the 30th. The system is definitely messed up. I’m having to click on each individual restaurant and then try to find availability. I have picked up a few that way.

We’re there the last week in September, leaving the 30th. The system is definitely messed up. I’m having to click on each individual restaurant and then try to find availability. I have picked up a few that way.

That is how I booked my entire trip, perhaps explaining why I had no issues. I systematically ranked restaurants by importance and difficulty of reservation, and then individually clicked on each.

That is how I booked my entire trip, perhaps explaining why I had no issues. I systematically ranked restaurants by importance and difficulty of reservation, and then individually clicked on each.
Oddly enough I tried this amongst a million other things and it still didn’t work. I was specifically looking for sci-fi reservations though and I think they just loaded them within the last hour or so. Regardless I was getting ridiculous results on 95% of my searches.

Oddly enough I tried this amongst a million other things and it still didn’t work. I was specifically looking for sci-fi reservations though and I think they just loaded them within the last hour or so. Regardless I was getting ridiculous results on 95% of my searches.

Sounds like Disney is having some trouble! I wanted Prime Time in HS, and the only time available was fairly early. I checked Sci Fi just after out of curiosity and there was nothing. Seems like those are two of the hotter reservations right now.

Sounds like Disney is having some trouble! I wanted Prime Time in HS, and the only time available was fairly early. I checked Sci Fi just after out of curiosity and there was nothing. Seems like those are two of the hotter reservations right now.
Definitely keep checking if you want prime time! I’ve seen it come and go as I’ve been looking, it’s unlikely it’s fully booked but possible depending on when your window was.

Today was my day to book dining reservations and have a long trip so booked thru 10/6 without any issues. Got everything I wanted except Topolino's and I had secured 12 reservations in ~40 minutes. Its Disney IT, just keep trying!

I didn’t have too much trouble with the system at the 60 day mark but wanted to tweak times on a couple. 80% of the time I try to go back in now the pages won’t load.

Today was my day to book dining reservations and have a long trip so booked thru 10/6 without any issues. Got everything I wanted except Topolino's and I had secured 12 reservations in ~40 minutes. Its Disney IT, just keep trying!
I’m guessing you will but I would check back a few times on Topolino’s. There were a ton of them yesterday for your dates and my trip is ending before yours. Possibly they all went but I’m betting like you said it’s Disney IT and they are still there just not showing at the moment for whatever reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter