1st week of Oct Crowds

September 27-October 7 here and then off on the DCL. We have a family wanting to join us for the WDW portion October 1st -7th but the resorts are almost all sold out...I think that says a lot. The ones left are pricier (they are a family of 4) and are first timers.

September 27-October 7 here and then off on the DCL. We have a family wanting to join us for the WDW portion October 1st -7th but the resorts are almost all sold out...I think that says a lot. The ones left are pricier (they are a family of 4) and are first timers.

Are you on the Fantasy leaving on the 8th?

I'm hoping for the best, but I think crowds will be insane during that first weekend and the following one.

A lot of school districts in my area (north Jersey) are closed 10/3 and 10/4 for Rosh Hashana. The 45th Anniversary of the opening of the Magic Kingdom is 10/1. The last performances of MSEP in Florida probably forever are scheduled that week. You have the Food & Wine Festival, and 10/10 is Columbus Day.

Had I realized that all this would be going on when we booked it, I would probably have chosen another week for our trip. But c'est la vie! We'll get through it. :)

We will be there Oct 1 to 5. I booked these dates because we wanted to go in October before the Columbus Day crowds. I thought it might not be as crowded as later in the month. Our schools don't get out for those particular holidays in our area, so I didn't know that a lot of schools had holidays before Columbus weekend. I didn't know that Oct 1st is the MK anniversary. We were already planning to avoid MK on Saturday, but now I know to avoid it at all costs. ;)

Moderate crowds. I don't think "low" crowds as we once knew them exist anymore. Rope Drop will continue to be your best friend, especially at the MK.

I agree with this 100%. No such thing as low crowds anymore. And yes, DEFNIETLY do rope drop. You'd be amazed at how much you can get done!

I went at the end of Oct last year and quite honestly, I couldn't believe the crowd. It was packed everywhere. On non-party/mnsshp nights MK was incredibly crowded. And yes, F&W was crowded too. This year i'll be there on Oct.12th....im hoping for lower crowds but im not gonna hold my breath. I wasn't able to get ANY fastpasses for 7DMT, except for one day! I've never had this problem before. That's just one example.

I agree with this 100%. No such thing as low crowds anymore. And yes, DEFNIETLY do rope drop. You'd be amazed at how much you can get done!

I went at the end of Oct last year and quite honestly, I couldn't believe the crowd. It was packed everywhere. On non-party/mnsshp nights MK was incredibly crowded. And yes, F&W was crowded too. This year i'll be there on Oct.12th....im hoping for lower crowds but im not gonna hold my breath. I wasn't able to get ANY fastpasses for 7DMT, except for one day! I've never had this problem before. That's just one example.
Oh my. We took off beforehand. Glad we did after reading that.

The Disney resorts being almost filled doesn't mean you'll see 8-10 crowd days. Free dining tends to fill Disney resorts but offsite is empty. I'd say more likely moderate crowds overall. Busy, but not horribly crowded.

we are there Oct 1 till Oct 7th, worried but optimistic! NYC schools have off 2 days this week, wasn't my first choice of dates, but worked for rest of family! I like it less crowded bc of how pricey it is I want to little has possible of long lines, lol but know we will have a blast!

Same here. Arriving September 27 for our first ever trip. Leaving October 6. We thought it was supposed to be the "quiet" season, although since we are all on a big 4 week overseas holiday that was dictated by another event we didn't have much choice. For us it was these dates or never. To be fair I would probably think a 1-2 level crowd would be massive since my understanding is there is almost as many people at MK a day as there is living in my city

The Disney resorts being almost filled doesn't mean you'll see 8-10 crowd days. Free dining tends to fill Disney resorts but offsite is empty. I'd say more likely moderate crowds overall. Busy, but not horribly crowded.
We can only hope....

Same here. Arriving September 27 for our first ever trip. Leaving October 6. We thought it was supposed to be the "quiet" season, although since we are all on a big 4 week overseas holiday that was dictated by another event we didn't have much choice. For us it was these dates or never. To be fair I would probably think a 1-2 level crowd would be massive since my understanding is there is almost as many people at MK a day as there is living in my city
WOOHOO! FIRST TRIP!!!! To me....If you have done your touring homework and you aren't trying to do everything in 3 or 4 days then the crowds won't affect you too much except during nighttime spectaculars, parades and trying to exit the park after those.

Add us too. 1st through the 8th! Nothing beats the crowds like there are on Christmas morning. We usually go down in November or December so this is our first time for October. I have never seen it as busy as Christmas, but the park emptied that evening and we felt like we had it all to ourselves. Hopefully not too bad in October.

Add us too. 1st through the 8th! Nothing beats the crowds like there are on Christmas morning. We usually go down in November or December so this is our first time for October. I have never seen it as busy as Christmas, but the park emptied that evening and we felt like we had it all to ourselves. Hopefully not too bad in October.

That's how I feel! I did NYE in Epcot for 2010. Nothing will ever top those crowds. If I'm not being herded through backstage areas like cattle by CMs, then it isn't a 10 crowd to me.

We will be there too! Oct 1-8....it's the first trip for my girls (ages 7 and 9) and the second trip for myself and my husband! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter