***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Touring plans for the win! Just got ohana breakfast for 10 30am on 12/8 but we have to be at pirates league at noon. Not enough time? :(
That's so exciting :) But it seems like a tough call, I'm sure :( I'm certain the others with prior trip experience can give you a really helpful answer to this....I bet that you would make it.
But, I have heard that 'Ohana can tend to run late sometimes? unless maybe that is just with dinner with backup from the day....But, I figured I'd just put in my two cents for what it's worth...since from what I remember you've been really excited about the pirates league for a long time!
Personally, being a newbie, I probably would search for an earlier breakfast. You still have this one to hold on to, but being me, I would just be paranoid the whole time about rushing through breakfast, getting on the monorail, and getting through the park to the destination. I'm certain you'll find an earlier adr if you decide it's not enough time!

Last edited:
Touring plans for the win! Just got ohana breakfast for 10 30am on 12/8 but we have to be at pirates league at noon. Not enough time? :(

It will be tight, but you can probably make it. I would show up at 10:00, just in case they can seat you early. They should at least be able to seat you earlier than if you arrive closer to 10:30. Since this is an AYCE meal, just let them know you have to get to Pirates League by noon, so you'd like to take care of the check right away.

That way, you can leave whenever you need to, even if all the characters haven't come by yet.

Yeah, you! Keep this one for now but keep looking for an earlier time so you don't end up rushing though your meal. I've heard that Ohana can run late (especially as the morning wears on) so that might make it even tighter.

Another TOTALLY unanticipated change in plans. Mannheim Steamroller will be playing at Universal Studios on December 3 and 4! The 3rd was going to be our finish-stuff-up day, but no longer! Here is my new schedule:

NOv 26: arrive about 6:00 pm, check in off site hotel, go to Disney Springs

Nov 27: Disney Springs and resort hopping day; check into CBR at some point

Nov 28: Epcot, Candlelight Processional, Illuminations

Nov 29: Universal Studios

Nov 30: Hollywood Studios (predicted day for SWGS)

Dec 1: MK and Keys to the Kingdom Tour, possible MVMCP

Dec 2: AK

Dec 3: Universal

Dec 4: MK

Dec 5: Epcot, finish up anything else, check out of CBR and into Drury by Universal

Dec 6: Universal

Dec 7: head home

12/3 is either going to be our Epcot day, or our HS day. As of right now, we're planning to hit Epcot at RD, then head over to HS for the SW dessert party. We currently have a F! H&V dinner on 12/3 at 3:45; if I can get a 12/6 H&V ADR (and a FP+ for F! if the F! Package isn't available), I'll cancel the 12/3 ADR.
I *really* want to eat dinner at H&V at some point during our trip, so I'm contemplating keeping the 12/3 3:45 there, and going to the SW dessert party after (skipping Fantasmic on that day), I'm just worried it's a lot of food in a short time.

Last edited:

hi everyone! I wanted to post a poll question, but I think I have to start a new thread to do that, and I wanted to just ask here. I was curious, in your hunt to book ADRs that were not available for you at the 180 mark. Were you most successful being able to get your desired adr by:

a) having success with touring plans reservation finder.

b) finding one through a fellow dis member or through the DECEMBER CANCELLED thread

c) repetitious in an almost competition-style clicking of the search button on the MDE desired adr page

d) pretty much a crap shoot and they're equally attainable by all of the above

Thanks!

hi everyone! I wanted to post a poll question, but I think I have to start a new thread to do that, and I wanted to just ask here. I was curious, in your hunt to book ADRs that were not available for you at the 180 mark. Were you most successful being able to get your desired adr by:

b) finding one through a fellow dis member or through the DECEMBER CANCELLED thread

c) repetitious in an almost competition-style clicking of the search button on the MDE desired adr page

Thanks!

C for me! I wonder if I'll end up with carpal tunnel syndrome after this trip? LOL!

Thanks!

A - I got several through the reseruption finder between the 180 and about 140 day mark. Since then, I have two set up with no luck yet.

B - attempted this and failed (BOG)

C - only been doing this for EMM (got it) and SW dessert party. Relying on RESFIND for the other two.

I've gotten mine by a combo of B and C. The issue I found with the Resfinder is that because I had it setup for 2, it didn't find at least 2 ADR's for me because when I checked MDE myself, there were ADR's available for what I wanted, but for 4 people, not 2. :confused3

I've gotten mine by a combo of B and C. The issue I found with the Resfinder is that because I had it setup for 2, it didn't find at least 2 ADR's for me because when I checked MDE myself, there were ADR's available for what I wanted, but for 4 people, not 2. :confused3

Maybe you should book for 4 and then modify the reservation down? This happened to me the other day. A res for 4 wouldn't show up but one for 6 did. I booked for 6 and then modified the reservation for 4. Don't know if this is a system quirk or if I messed up the restaurant table inventory.

@rasadkowski Due to TA miscommunication, none of our ADR searching began until after the 180 day mark. Persistence pays off though I think. :flower1:

a) Touring Plans Resfinder: Teppan Edo dinner, H&V dinner

b) DIS member: CRT dinner

c) Incessant stalking: BOG dinner and Sci-Fi (mild stalking to get CP breakfast just right)

Maybe you should book for 4 and then modify the reservation down? This happened to me the other day. A res for 4 wouldn't show up but one for 6 did. I booked for 6 and then modified the reservation for 4. Don't know if this is a system quirk or if I messed up the restaurant table inventory.

I've read about this tip on the boards--to adjust the party size you are looking for--and many people seem to have success with it. Myself included! :) I got both BOG and Sci-Fi when searching for a party of 4. I simply adjust to a party of 3 after securing the reservation. :)

Thanks!

GREAT poll!!! I'm interested in seeing everyone's responses as well. Been wondering the same thing.

Most of the ones I ended up getting that weren't available at my 180 was bc they weren't open until a week or so later. Then resfinder blew up my phone with allllll these open reservations (Akershus & Chef Mickey). I would have missed them without the resfinder as I wasn't able to check check check during that time. :)

Thanks!

a) has had the best luck for me. Although it's frustrating that I only get notifications at 3am!

I just found the adr cancellation thread not too long ago, so I'm hoping that I will have luck there now that I know about it. A question for you DIS veterans...can I get a text message alert for the adr cancellation thread? I have checked the options and can't find anywhere to input my phone number for an alert but since I'm pretty new I'm not that familiar yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter