***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

I'm Just added my adr wish :) I wish I had some adrs to cancel that people needed :( I'll have some to let go after I hopefully get H&V. Maybe they will help someon!

I may have a few to cancel as we get a little closer to our trip. Just looking for a BOG on 12/14 for a party of 4 between 6 pm and 7 pm. Will keep searching...

In our past December trips (back when it was still DTD) they also had a Santa Village set up (they took photopass pictures with Santa but you could also take some with your own camera as well) and they also have choirs, bands, and other musical acts perform at the Waterside Stage area in the Marketplace area. With all the holiday decorations and music there definitely is lots of Christmas/holiday spirit.
Sounds wonderful! I'm pretty much sold on this now! Thank you!

Although I will say, I was shocked at the prices for one day at Universal/IOA! $300 for me and DH, and that's park to park because if you want to see all of HP world, you have to go between the 2 parks.
But still, I'm paying it because I love HP so much. It angers me to have to pay that much though. :sad2:

I'm a little late to see your post, but wanted to let you know that for the past couple of weeks, Universal has been sending out B1G2 days free on P2P tickets (get a 3 day P2P for the price of 1 day!), good through the end of the year. I took advantage of the deal and got two adult three day park to park tickets for around $330. I'm also a huge HP fan, so it made it a little easier for me to fork out the money knowing that I had the flexibility to visit the park a few separate times instead of trying to cram it all into one visit!

Depending on your plans, maybe this would work for you too! There's a thread on the Universal board that has more info!

Last edited:

HAPPY FRIDAY!! :flower1:

I'm getting nervous too about FPs! One month to booking!
I've got to read through those fast pass threads. and I JUST now feel like I get booking adrs!!! ( hair pulling out Smily guy if there was one) seems not as bad?! I'm most nervous about not getting times i think would work around meals. We're not doing any adr lunches so I'm thinking it'll be ok.... I plan to have a chart with options but I feel like it could just go haywire if the times are all over the place!!

Would you guys suggest booking one in each land next to each other as you go around the park? Or all three in one place?

I hearya on the EMM, I think that is why too - 12/4 we have solid morning plans and by 12/6 I am shifting my schedule later and that rest day will help, I don't want to ruin my flow by turning a sleep in day into a get up very early day.

I haven't heard anything but following yulilin3's thread. I may not be the first to hear it but if I am I will tag @Talby if she hasn't heard herself yet so she can set off the text tree lol

:yay:YAY!!:yay: (Lol...sorry...couldn't resist! haha)

Maybe this is a good time to be sure everyone who wants to be is on the list? Just a head's up, if I happen to hear first, I'll PM with a quick and simple "Star Wars!" in the subject line, no message. That is the super duper, highly confidential, top secret code for the SW Dessert Party being available for booking. ;) Sound like a plan? So here's who I have on the PM list. Let me know if you want to be added to or deleted from the list. :-)

@Lisa F
@Candycane83
@areno79
@BDFmom
@Maryemcd
@Mintycake
@Distisso
@Talby
@chasingthtdream08
@Minjewmulloy

Last edited:
I'm a little late to see your post, but wanted to let you know that for the past couple of weeks, Universal has been sending out B1G2 days free on P2P tickets (get a 3 day P2P for the price of 1 day!), good through the end of the year. I took advantage of the deal and got two adult three day park to park tickets for around $330. I'm also a huge HP fan, so it made it a little easier for me to fork out the money knowing that I had the flexibility to visit the park a few separate times instead of trying to cram it all into one visit!

Depending on your plans, maybe this would work for you too! There's a thread on the Universal board that has more info!
I saw this and signed up for universal emails hoping to get it! No luck so far though:sad2:

Maybe this is a good time to be sure everyone who wants to be is on the list? Just a head's up, if I happen to hear first, I'll PM with a quick and simple "Star Wars!" in the subject line, no message. That is the super duper, highly confidential, top secret code for the SW Dessert Party being available for booking. ;) Sound like a plan? So here's who I have on the PM list. Let me know if you want to be added to or deleted from the list. :-)

I would love to be added to the list! Thanks so much!

Okay, I signed up to receive deals from USO. We'll see if they can tempt me away from Disney for part of our time (doubt it). :)

I have never spent much time at downtown disney at all. I used to before kiddo - we'd go to pleasure island sometimes lol. Anyone remember when they did NYE every night? a countdown and fireworks at midnight. The comedy club was lots of fun as was adventurer's club (although I only went there once, we were never among the super diehard fans). good times.

I must be showing my age now lol. I loved the name "downtown disney" though and was sad when they changed it.

We used to LOVE Downtown Disney...and yes, DH and I still call it that. We spent many nights drinking the shark bite drinks, which was a giant bucket of booze that you could refill at any of the bars for like $3. The club with the decades was a lot of fun.

i Will search. :) Is it for 2?
Yes, it is! I've been searching for 4 as well, and sometimes finding availability that way. Weird how the Disney ADR system works that way.

Hmm, I'll have to sign up and see what deal I can get. We don't have a ton of time available except for the one day, but it would be a nice option since we do have some open time at the end of the trip if we don't finish everything in one day. Thanks for the tip!!

Oh, happy day!!!!! I kept hitting refresh on my Fantasmic Dining Package search and one came up!!!! I had a brief scare when I got an "internal error" message, but a quick screen refresh made things ok. I think you all were right that the lunch is easier than the dinner. Good thing I have young ones who are dying to meet Sofia the 1st, Doc McStuffins, Handy Manny and Jake, and who will get to meet the Fab 5 at another meal! I'm going to keep looking for you all and if I see a dinner I will reserve it-- I created a profile under my DH's name that I use for snagging additional ADRs.

One quick question on the Fantasmic lunch-- we are on the regular Disney Dining Plan. We won't be charged anything out of pocket for attending the Fantasmic lunch, correct? I still need to cancel my regular lunch reservation and just want to make sure one last time that there's not a fee associated with this that I don't know about. Sorry to ask so many questions on it!

yes it is easier, lol. Did you buy your mvmcp tickets yet? if you have then don't even worry about using them, you can't at this point. if you haven't I can walk you through how you can if you want.

I never spend much time at disney springs either (also I always call it downtown disney so if I slip no one yell lol. I just have a couple of hours built in there on one of our rest days for shopping. We will have breakfast at 'Ohana at 9:35, then over to DS where we will stay on the marketplace side. Lego store, Christmas Store where I will get my personalized ornaments, I love the disney art gallery there (is it still there?), Basin, the disney home store, and world of disney and the co-op. My IMPRESSION that the rest of the shopping they added are just high end stores that aren't disney, so I plan to stick to the marketplace. All of the new dining sounds fab too but I already had to make difficult cuts of park and resort restaurants so no time to try those this trip. Maybe some ghirardelli ice cream though lol. Then back to the hotel for swim time and then changing for an early dinner at H&V @4:30 with F! package. I'm thinking after dinner and before F! we'll have a chance for a quickie ride so might book a FP+ for TSMM from 5:30-6:30 window or star tours if kiddo would prefer.
I haven't bought the tickets yet. Advice is helpful, pm me or keep it here if anyone else wants to know? I've been working a brutal contract with a client and trying to parent at the same time (dd isn't in camp this week) so I'm a bit of a zombie. I have one more shift with them and then off for a few days. The good news is while this is a challenging client, her contract will pay for both Christmas party and sw fireworks (if it happens ) so I can feel better about that.

I haven't bought the tickets yet. Advice is helpful, pm me or keep it here if anyone else wants to know? I've been working a brutal contract with a client and trying to parent at the same time (dd isn't in camp this week) so I'm a bit of a zombie. I have one more shift with them and then off for a few days. The good news is while this is a challenging client, her contract will pay for both Christmas party and sw fireworks (if it happens ) so I can feel better about that.
if you haven't ordered them yet it is simple. Order the PHYSICAL tickets (not e-tickets) and do NOT link them to your primary MDE account. You have to link them elsewhere, either create phantoms in your primary account (so you are Minty Cake and you have another person called Minty T. Cake) and link them to those. OR create an entirely new MDE account and link them to that account. Then you will be able to use that ticket media (the cards) both for SDFP AND for FP+ planned 30 days in advance of just the day you are going to the party (not 60 because they are linked to phantoms who are NOT staying onsite at disney). Hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter