• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st trip to WDW and 2 yr old

bradensmommy

Earning My Ears
This will be our first trip to Disney. My cousin has kinda been planning everything *without asking much about what anyone else wants* So what I am wondering is... Will my 2 yr old son enjoy Universal? She has us set up for 4 days at disney and 2 for Univ. Studios. I wont be intrested in riding anything , I just want my son to have a good time. I would have rather had 2 extra days at disney.... if shes already purchased the tickets.. can I sell them back? or am I just crazy and should go to Univ. Studios and try to enjoy it. Has anyone else taken a 2 yr old?

We brought our sons to US/IOA last year when they were 2 and 4. It worked out well for us mainly b/c we stayed at the HRH and could walk back for a rest whenever necessary. There are plenty of things for a 2 yr old in both Universal parks: playgrounds, selected attractions and a few rides. Just check a guidebook or the top entries on the US/IOA board for kid's stuff.

You may want to consider Sea World if your child is interested in animals. My kids have loved zoos since they were very small.

Bring your own umbrella-type stroller. Makes it much easier.

With 6 days in orlando you may want to have one hotel day just to relax. Your 2 year old will be wiped out by the end.

We added Universal to our trip in 2000 and have gone every year since for 2 days.

We have 2 DD's ages 5 and 2 and they love Universal. Every time I try to eliminate it, they get upset.

For them there is at IOA: Suess Landing (at Christmas time it's Whoville!) which you could spend a long time at.

At Universal there's the Barney show and there's the Curious George area that we spent over 2 hours at.

Then there's characters' running around and other things we still haven't explored yet.

I think you'll have fun.

Thank you both so much for the information... I feel much better now about going to these parks.. at first, i was getting the impression that it mostly for teens but it seems there will be lots of my 2 yr old to do. he loves catdog and spongebob and barney.. well all the characters really.. I think we will have a great time.. thanks so much for all the tips... I really appreciate it :)

Thanks again,
Jennifer.

There are things to do for a two-year old at Universal, so he will have fun, especially if you aren't riding the big stuff he can't go on.

The difference is that Disney has more things that you would both enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter