"1st" Trip to DL together - Help Needed

arizonacolbys

Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!
My hubby & I have been to WDW together 7 times together in the last 6 years. We both visited DL once as children, and don't remember much about it. We would like to visit DL while the 50th celebration is still underway. Our 1st big decision to make, is what time of year we should be going. Can anyone direct me to information on crowds throughout the year?

We can go just about any month of the year - what months are the least crowded? Is it comparable to WDW for crowds (more crowded during the summer, spring break & holiday, or is there a different pattern there)?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA! :teeth:

Statistically the week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas is the least crowded. Any time usually between the middle of Sept. -middle of Nov. is good too. My favorite time to go is during the Holiday Season. As long as you leave before school lets out for break it is a good time to go. POTC is closed for rehab from Oct3- Dec 12. So if it is important to you plan around it. Also SMH and HM are really neat too! If you don't care about any refurbs then or Holidays then early October :cool1: is also a great time to go.

One of the trade offs of off season is REALLY SHORT weekday hours--like 10-8 for DL and 10-6 for DCA. There's not really tons to do at DLR in the evenings, other than eat dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter