1st Timer Trip Report

CityBlue

Nemo's Best Friend
Cast members:

Me (36)
DH (44)
DD (4, almost 5)

After getting up at 4am :scared1: to get our flight to Paris, we arrived at Charles de Gaulle at 9.45am and were met by RS Transports for our trip to the Magic! Unfortunately we got to our hotel (the Cheyenne) just after a rather large coach full of people so it took us 50 mins to check-in. Our room was ready so we dumped the bags and headed out to the Parks.

We started off in the Disneyland Park, and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more. :lovestruc So beautiful, I just wanted to run through the whole Park to see it all. We had a bit of a bad start as my DD was very tired and grumpy after getting up so early and her ears were hurting from the plane so she wanted to go home!!! Fortunately we hired a pushchair and I managed to get her off to sleep so we had a walk round to get our bearings.

DLPHalloween2.jpg

DD woke up in Frontierland so we went on the Thunder Mesa Riverboats then DH and I went on Big Thunder Mountain. After that we headed straight to Fantasyland and went on Snow White, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups - several times on some of them as the queues weren't bad (worst was Dumbo at 20 mins). Saw lots of stuff going on, and the Character Express a couple of times.

DLPGoofy.jpg

Back to the hotel for all you can eat buffet in the Chuck Wagon - great value and good food - then off for an early night.

Next morning we had a GMF breakfast at the Chalet de la Marionette and stayed in Fantasyland to do all the rides (again). Casey Jr and the Storybook Ride were open today. Queues were great all day - had no problems at all, even later on in the day. As we were coming out of It's A Small World I suddenly spotted Ariel walking around with Prince Eric. My DD and I rushed up to them (I think I was more excited than her!) and got their autographs and my DD had her picture taken with them.

DLPEmAriel3.jpg

We also saw Aladdin and Jasmine and Gaston (Beauty and the Beast).

DLPJasmine.jpg

Then we headed off to Discoveryland for the Buzz Lightyear ride - that was cool and Space Mountain which was brilliant, but I had a headache after coming off! Stayed in Disneyland Park until 4pm for the Once Upon A Dream parade. We waited outside Bella Notte as we wanted to see the Princesses dance and we had a great view. Sleeping Beauty (my DD'd favourite) waved at her and Ariel blew her a kiss!

DLPParadeAurora2.jpg

Went on a few more rides then had dinner in Bella Notte - not the greatest I have to say!! And back to the hotel for another early night.

Next day was Saturday and what a difference. Even getting into the Park for EMH it was much busier than the previous days. At 11am we headed over to the Studios Park and what a mistake that was - we honestly could not move! Queues were terrible - the smallest was for Flying Carpets at 60 mins (the Fastpass wasn't open on this for some reason)! We stayed about 45 mins without going on any rides and went back to Disneyland Park, via a quick look in the Disneyland Hotel. Not much better there - thousands of people and big queues. We even waited 45 mins for Casry Jr! Got a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear ride, but had to queue 20 mins to get that! Watched some of one of the Halloween shows with Maleficient and Jafar.

DLPHalloween.jpg

Tried to watch the Halloween parade, but it was too busy to see anything. We had dinner that evening at the Blue Lagoon and it was amazing. Great atmosphere, great waiter (who told us there were 47,000 people in the Park that day) and great food. Came out of there to see Disneyland all lit up and absolutely beautiful.

Sunday was our last day and we had the morning in Fantasyland with my DD going on all the rides again - her favourite is It's A Small World and we've even had to buy the CD!!! Queues not too bad, but I could see it was going to be another busy day. Back to the hotel for 1pm where RS Transports picked us up for flight home.

We had a brilliant time and I am now as hooked as the rest of you on Disneyland and am hoping to book another trip next year - if I win the lottery I'm staying in the Disneyland Hotel in a Castle Club Suite!!!

What a wonderful report :goodvibes
The early start is a killer ;)

You did very well with the Princes and Princesses :thumbsup2

Glad you had such a great time. I can't see your photos either, but I will check back tomorrow to see if they come up. Hope you get to win the lottery some day & stay in Castle Club!

Great trip report - although your Saturday sounded like my worst nightmare :scared1: (I don't do queues).

Your photos arent showing ?:confused3

Sorry about that - not sure what happened as I can see the photos!!!

I will try again below to post them - hopefully you can see them now because I don't know what else to do!!! :confused3

Main Street USA:

DLPHalloween2.jpg

Character Express:

DLPGoofy.jpg

My DD with Ariel and Prince Eric:

DLPEmAriel3.jpg

Jasmine and Aladdin:

DLPJasmine.jpg

Sleeping Beauty on the Parade:

DLPParadeAurora2.jpg

Halloween show with Maleficient and Jafar:

DLPHalloween.jpg

Your pictures are showing now - some great pics there :thumbsup2

Glad you had such a great time :thumbsup2

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction but at least you'll be amongst
friends :lmao:

great trip report. wow that saturday sounds awful i dont do well with crowds.

Lovely report and photos, glad to hear you're now as addicted as the rest of us! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter