• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st Timer to DLP!!!

Disneylvrforever

Stitch is my puppy!
Hello all the way from the original Magic Kingdom!

I'm so excited to be going to DLP for the 1st time. I've been to WDW quite a few times & DLR too many times I've lost count, so this is special to me. My mom (my travel budy) & I will be staying in Paris on the last week of June and plan on buying train tickets to travel back & forth from the city to the parks. We don't know how many days we want to spend in the park, but once we do EVERYTHING, & we are going to spend the rest of our time roaming Paris. All that aside, I have a few questions:

What type of bag would you recommend bringing to take around the parks? I've read a thread about pick pocketing & things being stolen & certain types of bags that would be good, but I couldn't find it. I would like something that I could put a light jacket into & feel somewhat secure about my stuff.

My mom also has 1 of those "wallet" things that strap around the body & hides underneath the shirt, but if I'm shopping, I feel that pulling your shirt up & down would be a hassle & kinda weird when taking out money. What do you recommend in terms of wallets? Would a regular wallet be ok if it's in the travel bag? Or what about a wallet that's hooked around a lanyard and hung from the neck. I'd just be afraid of the wallet being cut off somehow.

Now what about yummy snacks & desserts in the parks? What are your favorites? My mom & I love sweets!

My mom also loves to eat escargot, but I didn't see any in the park menus. She loves to eat the ones in France @ Epcot. Does anyone know of any good places that have it either near the parks or in Paris?

As for Paris itself, I've gone before, but it was w/ a school group years ago, so I've seen the major tourist things like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, etc. I want to revisit the Musee d'Orsay, but other than that, I really don't have any other must do's. When looking on the tourist website, everything just looks the same to me. Are there any must do's that you'd recommend that are fun & interesting? Or even restaurants. I'm open to all ideas!

Thanks for reading & thanks in advance. I can't wait to hear from all you experts!

Hi, your trip sounds great:thumbsup2

Re bags/wallets, I use a small backpack type and just have my wallet in that. As with any large place, I keep my wallet secure in the inside pocket of the bag, but I wouldn't be going to the hassle of using a strap.

Sorry I can't help much with Paris itself, as I've only ever been on a day trip.

We like the cookies and cakes in the Cable Car Bakery, on Main St. You'll also find Candy Floss and other yummy treats in Fantasyland.

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Welcome to the DLP board! :wave2:

I just use a normal shoulder bag when in DLP/Paris - I think anything with a zip is fine. I think the most important thing if you're using a backpack type bag is don't have it on your back when you're in a crowded place as that's when a pickpocket is most likely to strike. Just keep your wits about you when on trains, buses, in queues, crowds etc and don't engage in conversation if people approach you trying to sell roses, heather etc. I know it seems rude but use your common sense and you'll be fine. :goodvibes

We're spending 3 nights in Paris this summer and are just starting to think of where to go/what to do. We quite fancy going to look at the replica of the Statue of Liberty.

I always use something like this both on holiday and at home.

As for yummy snacks, apparently they do different flavoured popcorn, if you are into that sort of thing! And if you want to push the boat out, you could go and have afternoon tea at the Cafe Fantasia in the Disneyland Hotel. There is a thread with some details about it somewhere - I'll see if I can find it. Here it is Yummy Treats thread

My mom also loves to eat escargot, but I didn't see any in the park menus. She loves to eat the ones in France @ Epcot. Does anyone know of any good places that have it either near the parks or in Paris

I've never seen escargot in DLP, but then I haven't been looking. Funny that "France" in Florida is more french than Disneyland Paris!!

I've seen escargot at the Plaza Gardens lunch/dinner buffet. My DD noticed them first and they put her off her chocolate mousse dessert :rotfl2:.

The little tins of sweets [they are round about 3/4cms in diameter] that you can buy in most of the shops at DLRP but most definitely from the Three fairies in fantasyland and from the shop outiside POTC are great...I like the orange flavour ones.

When we were in Paris we really enjoyed a lunch cruise with Bateaux Parisien , The Aquarium [very near the Eiffle Tower from what I remember] and the zoo...although I seem to think it was called something odd like Les Jardins de something, and it was not very like a normal zoo...but we enjoyed it :goodvibes.
Everyone says you should try Angelina's [hope thats the correct name] for Hot Chocolate too, but we haven't been....maybe next time :thumbsup2

Kaye

I've seen escargot at the Plaza Gardens lunch/dinner buffet. My DD noticed them first and they put her off her chocolate mousse dessert :rotfl2:.

I told you I haven't been looking - we've eaten at Plaza Gardens and I have never noticed them!!

I've seen escargot at the Steakhouse Sunday Brunch. I can't remember if they were at Inventions as well because I try not to look as I don't like them!
I always use something like this both on holiday and at home.
MY DH bought a wallet like that for Rome (which has a far worse reputation for pickpockets than Paris) last year. :thumbsup2
Everyone says you should try Angelina's [hope thats the correct name] for Hot Chocolate too, but we haven't been....maybe next time :thumbsup2

We went there for a cake and hot chocolate and ended up having the most delicious smoked salmon club sandwiches too! The website is here. :)

Our family is also going to DLP for the first time in January. Well, it will actually be our first time to Europe. (See my ticker below.) I am enjoying your thread and all of the helpful replies. I am taking notes! :thumbsup2

Thank you everyone for all of your helpful tips! :thumbsup2
We will have to keep our eyes peeled for that escargot & the afternoon tea sounds wonderful.

I'm open to more suggestions if anyone else has something else to share.

We ate at Plaza Gardens on Friday evening and there weren't any escargots there but they did have whelks which some people might think are escargots. They had whelks at the Crockett Tavern buffet too and mussels at the Restaurant Des Stars buffet (guess who's got a 10 year old DD that loves shellfish?! lol)

Luv Suzy

I tend to carry a cross body bag with a flap over the top. I feel safer with that than a backpack as it sits on my front so I can see it at all times. I also carry it with the flap next to my body to make it much harder for anybody to slip their hands in. I make sure that anything valuable is at the bottom and put sunhats/bottled water etc on top. I've never seen anyone have anything stolen but always feel it is better to take precautions just as I would if I was going anywhere busy in this country. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter