$199 tix question?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
If I am going with friends May 2-6. Can I buy 2 tickets, one for each friend? I have DVC PAP, so I do not need a ticket.

:confused3

Bobbi

I am going with a friend next week. I bought her a $199 ticket in October. I have the DVC PAP. I linked her ticket to her MB and made all our FP's. I will post next week if there are any glitch's.

If I am going with friends May 2-6. Can I buy 2 tickets, one for each friend? I have DVC PAP, so I do not need a ticket. :confused3 Bobbi

I believe the limit is 8. And it doesn't matter who you buy them for.

I believe the limit is 8. And it doesn't matter who you buy them for.

OK great!

There are2 friends. Had I realized that I could have done this, I could have helped out 2 other friends who will be with me later this month. I had wrongly assumed the tix were for family members...like DVC AP tix are! Shucks! We are only doing 1 park a day in December and the tix were much higher.

Thanks for asking this, Bobbi. My DSis and 3 kids are coming with us in March. My only worry is: Will there be any problem with them using the tickets if DH has any health issues and DSis and kids have to go without us? They are not DVC members.

Thanks for asking this, Bobbi. My DSis and 3 kids are coming with us in March. My only worry is: Will there be any problem with them using the tickets if DH has any health issues and DSis and kids have to go without us? They are not DVC members.

I was thinking about getting a few for friends of mine visiting in December, but when I did the online chat with the DVC rep, they said that I could buy them, but I, the DVC member, had to be there to pick them up. Since I am not going, I am not going to take a chance.

I started a thread here wherein I reported I was recently told that unless I was physically with my DS's family, they couldn't use the tickets. I called MS twice and was told same thing each time.

Had purchased the tix for myself & DH to use in early Oct. At that time was told via chat & phone calls to MS that it wouldn't be a problem for DS's family to use these tix if I weren't along for the ride.

Members have posted they have been able to gift the tix to others, and not be at the gate, as long as the tix are associated with a MB & the corresponding MDE account.:confused3I went ahead and purchased tix for my family thru UT as I didn't want the possibility of dealing with any issues down the road.

We all know it's not unusual to receive a differing answer depending on who you contact when dealing with WDW. If you do call MS to inquire, make sure to report back what you are told please.

My friends are reluctant to give up hopping due to F&G time, and so, we are passing.

I bought tickets for my family. I was told several times from several cast members that I do not have to be with them when they use the ticket, but I did have to physically pick up the tickets. I bought the tickets in October when we were there (and got physical tickets after I paid for them and they checked my DVC card), and my family will be using them in February, when I am not there. I have seen posts where people have said they bought them over the phone and assigned the ticket to family members Magic Bands, but I don't have any experience with that.

I bought tickets for my family. I was told several times from several cast members that I do not have to be with them when they use the ticket, but I did have to physically pick up the tickets. I bought the tickets in October when we were there (and got physical tickets after I paid for them and they checked my DVC card), and my family will be using them in February, when I am not there. I have seen posts where people have said they bought them over the phone and assigned the ticket to family members Magic Bands, but I don't have any experience with that.

That sounds like what I was told...had I thought about it--I just got back--I could have ordered and picked them up which would have allowed them to use them...

I was going crazy this morning trying to find where I read about these - Can anyone lead me to where I can read the whole scoop on these tickets? And if we have to pick them up, how do we do the attachments to our Magicbands and fast pass reservations?

I was going crazy this morning trying to find where I read about these - Can anyone lead me to where I can read the whole scoop on these tickets? And if we have to pick them up, how do we do the attachments to our Magicbands and fast pass reservations?

Ticket information (and a purchase link) can be found on the member website under: 'Membership Magic' (drop down) > 'Special Offers' > 'Special 4-Day 4-Park Disney Vacation Club Promotional Ticket for $199 plus tax'.

You have to pick up the tickets at a WDW Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location. You will need the confirmation number and your DVC Member ID Card.

You can link them to MDE to allow FP+ selections by using the confirmation number provided upon completion of the purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter