• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 PF for dinner?

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
We just booked an unexpected trip for March 19th - 24th. Every other trip we have taken (that DD was old enough to remember) I was able to get either PSB or CRT. Obviously with such short notice there is almost no chance. I am thinking we could either go to 1900 PF for dinner to see Cinderella or eat lunch in the castle without any characters, but still seems fun.
In the past we were not real happy with the food at 1900. We have never eaten in the castle for anything but breakfast. Which would you recommend with DD 3 and 5. Any thoughts? Is either worth it or should we skip both?

I have never eaten at the Castle for anything other than breakfast, but have never heard anyone raving about the food there for any meal.

Now, mind you, I am not going to "rave" about the food at 1900, but for a dinner buffet, it was one of the best. Lots of choices and a few things I didn't see on any other buffet.

Also, in terms of character interaction, I think it is good as well with the Fairy Godmother greeting you as you come in. Also, as far as I know the only "real" place to see the mice.

Also, it is not as frantic as the pace at CRT or at another charcter meal such as Chef Mickey's.

JMO, though! :D

CRT is my favorite place for lunch at MK. Even though the food could be better, the atmosphere is worth it. Cinderella is also sometimes in the lobby, so if you give it a try maybe you'll run into her there.

Never done 1900 Park Fare, but I know Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy, Perla, and the Fairy Godmother are usually in attendance. Cinderella, Suzy, and Perla also do meet-and-greets at Toontown Hall of Fame at Mk but this is one of the only places you're likely to find the Prince and the Fairy Godmother other than Cindy's breakfast.

We weren't thrilled with the buffet at 1900 Park Fair, but it was fun seeing the Cinderella gang. I would not do this Character meal again though as I found much better buffet choices at other WDW Character Buffets. We are going to try CRT on our next visit for dinner (my birthday!). We haven't eaten at CRT in years since it was King Stephan's and at time the food wasn't great but we loved the atmosphere and we did get to see Cindy in the lobby. So my opinion on 1900 Park Fair is, if you love Cinderella, it's a must do as you will see Prince Charming, Perla, Suzy and of course Cinderella. The Fairy Godmother is outside the restaurant and will meet with you and take pictures.

We are trying to eat at all new places this trip so I think we will try both. It sounds like they are both worth it atleast once. We figure we should take advantage of having the monorail since normally we stay at BCV.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts!

We did dinner at 1900 PF a couple of years ago. It was excellent. The buffet had a wide range of choices and all of us, including DD who was about 6 then, had plenty to eat. My wife is allergic to seafood and asked about ingredients. The chef actually came out to our table and reviewed everything with her. He also brought out a dish of plain pasta for DD. My only complaint (true at many Disney restaurants) is the place is rather noisy.

We have also done lunch at CRT. I don't remember the details, but I do know we all enjoyed our meal. It was a bit pricy as I recall. My DD loved that the server always called her princess.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter