1900 Park Fare Reopening April 10

I like your thinking! Blue Fairy and Fairy Godmother would have been a lot of fun for this, too!
I would think so. My daughter knows nothing a Pinocchio and has no interest in it. Neither does my son. So I get they are catering to younger audiences. But if my daughter saw the blue fairy.... She wouldn't care where she came from or who she was.... She would be in awe over a beautiful fairy!

DDP not accepted will be a deal breaker for me. It is accepted at Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, Hollywood and Vine, and Crystal Palace, so I don't know why it would not be here.
Yes, I wonder what the thinking was behind the decision not to accept the dining plan? Isn't Victoria and Albert's currently the only Disney restaurant not to have the DDP?

Got it, thanks! Been a minute since I watched Encanto but I do remember this now.

She still feels like a really loose connection for this group of characters -- I think it's exciting that she's here and I appreciate that they're trying to add more heroines & heroes to the character dining mix versus just princesses and the fab five, just feel like the storylining here could have been stronger.

I wonder if Asha from Wish could have been a better fit? Candidly haven't seen the movie yet but from what I gather, she might have been a fun addition to this lineup.

My thinking is that it was supposed to be Asha but given the movie's poor performance they swapped her out for Mirabelle.

Yes, I wonder what the thinking was behind the decision not to accept the dining plan? Isn't Victoria and Albert's currently the only Disney restaurant not to have the DDP?

IIRC there are a few more restaurants than V&As currently not accepting the DDP, California Grill no longer accepts DDP and neither does Space 220, though I guess it's a bit different with Space 220 since it opened after COVID-19 shut down the Parks and subsequently the DDP.

Regardless, I also wonder why 1900 Park Fare is no longer included in the DDP. They didn't say anything about the DDP in the article, so my hope is that this is just a glitch in the webpage for the restaurant as more information loads in.

And what I really hope is that that the exclusion from DDP won't be the norm for future new restaurants at WDW.

I wonder if they want to control demand when it first opens. People have been waiting for this restaurant to reopen for a couple of years. Maybe they’ll add it later, once initial surge subsides.

Got it, thanks! Been a minute since I watched Encanto but I do remember this now.

She still feels like a really loose connection for this group of characters -- I think it's exciting that she's here and I appreciate that they're trying to add more heroines & heroes to the character dining mix versus just princesses and the fab five, just feel like the storylining here could have been stronger.

I wonder if Asha from Wish could have been a better fit? Candidly haven't seen the movie yet but from what I gather, she might have been a fun addition to this lineup.
Asha would have been a great fit! Too bad Wish isn't more popular. I'd love to see them keep Mirabel here but also include Asha. I happen to really like Wish - granted, not as much as Encanto, but I still very much enjoyed it.

And, it does sound like this restaurant is a bit scattered in focus. Keeping the Victorian carousel decor theming but then having "wishes" as the story theme? Hopefully, it will surprise me, and I'll find it works next time I'm there. I think I'd prefer a singular, immersive theme, though.

Wish flopped harder than Neymar at the World Cup, I would not hold my breath for any more of it in the parks and resorts.

I'm sorry but this is absolutely terrible news.

People have been begging for 1900 Park Fare back. Begging. And Disney knows this. Were people begging for 1900 Park Fare for the food? Maybe in small part. But, mostly it was for the characters and the interactions they know and love.

So, like Disney does best....they take something that doesn't need fixing, and they re-do it for absolutely no good reason.

Mary Poppins and Alice are the heart and soul of the Grand Floridian. It makes no sense to boot them, in favor of characters that make absolutely no sense thematically.

I have been praying for 1900 Park Fare to come back before my May trip...and now, I really don't think I'll be booking there after all.

Couldn't wait for this to reopen. Loved the Tremaines and the antics of the step sisters at dinner. Lovely place to find Alice and Marry Poppins for breakfast. Think we will be passing on this with the new characters. Don't see the logic in removing the British characters from the Victorian British themed resort.

Couldn't wait for this to reopen. Loved the Tremaines and the antics of the step sisters at dinner. Lovely place to find Alice and Marry Poppins for breakfast. Think we will be passing on this with the new characters. Don't see the logic in removing the British characters from the Victorian British themed resort.
Same here.

I agree with all of the sentiments I'm reading in this thread; the character choices make no sense for this restaurant/location. I'm very disappointed the more I think about it. I might actually send an email to guest services to share my disappointment, not that I think they will care. I've never gotten to experience this one with my youngest as it's been closed for so long and I've been eagerly waiting for it to come back. My kids do all love Aladdin, but seeing him in the 1900s Victorian themed GF? I wish they'd give Aladdin a character meal in Adventureland (and also include Jasmine, Abu and Genie!). With food being such a large part of Tiana's story, having her first character meal be in a Victorian themed restaurant makes even less sense. I have to imagine once her ride opens in MK she's getting her own restaurant at some point, similar to Disneyland. It really makes you wonder about the team that came up with this idea!

Anastasia, Drizella and Lady Tremaine at dinner were some of the most fun and unique character interactions you could get. and Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter were also so much fun at breakfast. Mary and Alice are all over the GF. this is a stupid change.

what really stinks is that it will probably do well anyway, because they're shoving popular characters in there and some people don't care if it makes sense. 😭 another favorite character meal gone.

Anastasia, Drizella and Lady Tremaine at dinner were some of the most fun and unique character interactions you could get.
I have a picture of my then-10-month-old daughter with a bright red lipstick mark across her forehead, courtesy of Drizella. (She asked, first). Absolute delight!

I hope that many many families enjoy making wonderful memories in the re-opened restaurant, with no regard for my feelings about thematic integrity. I'll keep the memories I already have. :)

Count another as disappointed Mary Poppins doesn't appear to be on the list... We haven't been before, so this was exciting, but I'm not too enthusiastic about this character mix. Maybe it would have been interesting if they went ALL IN on Tiana and other Princess and the Frog characters. This feels thrown together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter