18th Century Great Plantation Tour or Chukka Taste of Jamaica?

DuckTalesFan32

Earning My Ears
Okay guys and gals. I need advice. I'm going on a Disney cruise with my family in October. I was originally going to hike up the waterfall, but I want to do something my mom, who's considerably older, can enjoy. The plantation looks fascinating. I love are history so why not. However, there are two alternatives to the Great House and Plantation Tour.

One of them is the 18th Century Great House & Plantation Tour with Lunch

The other is this one that looks like a shorter tour but with a buffet for lunch and that's the Chukka Taste of Jamaica

My question is which one is better? Do you still get to see some historic stuff on the lunch buffet one? Is the longer tour one much better in terms of seeing historic stuff? Has anyone been on both? Thanks so much for any feedback.

So late.. But we did the 18th Century Great Hope Estate Tour with lunch.

Tour was beautiful. Very early morning, we had to meet in D Lounge at 7:15.

All guides were very helpful and informative. We never felt uncomfortable (two moms and 3 girls ages 15-16) because the "sketchy" parts of Jamaica were parts were we were enclosed in a bus.

The plantation was beautiful and very interesting. The house itself was so gorgeous, I wanted to live there.

Lunch was jerk chicken, a vegetable salad, and fried dough. Simple, but they will give you more if you want.

We got back to the ship around 1:30-2.

I do recommend bringing water with you, it was very hot and a majority of it was inside.

We also got to try sugar came, coconut milk, and feed birds after our tour.

I would for sure use chukka again!! Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter