180 days and price increase

Seems like there was a recent thread about Disney already being overpriced.

This seals the deal for us this year. We were still going back and forth, though leaning against. But now it's an extra $100 for our set of 3-day tickets. Doesn't seem like much of an increase...unless it was already too high.

I know my kids will be disappointed. But we'll plan for a trip next Christmas when Splash Mt is back online as Tiana's. That was always our favorite ride, so paying $$$$ for a park with problematic ride shutdowns, constant mega crowds, and our favorite ride missing, seems wise to wait for a year. I'll definitely miss it, but it'll make me want it more next time.
You could always buy tickets from ARes Travel today and get the old prices. Just a thought!

Folks on DIS: MKs need to become more expensive to deal with overcrowding! It's basically just buying a ticket! Tickets need to be more expensive! Genie+ needs to be more expensive!

Disney: OK! 🥰

Folks on DIS: Disney is pricing out families. 😔
I didn't see anywhere them saying they will sell less tickets

It's basically them charging more because, the parks while busy at times.....aren't full. It's Genie plus making the line's worst at many attractions
Watch Mickey ride, it is around 60 mins maybe 75 mins at max but after Genie plus get ready to see wait times jump

So people are just tried of it costing a lot to get in and now 30 bucks to wait in what the lines should be.
Along with parking going up, what is being added to parking to make it where it needs to cost 5 dollars more?

I didn't see anywhere them saying they will sell less tickets

It's basically them charging more because, the parks while busy at times.....aren't full. It's Genie plus making the line's worst at many attractions
Watch Mickey ride, it is around 60 mins maybe 75 mins at max but after Genie plus get ready to see wait times jump

So people are just tried of it costing a lot to get in and now 30 bucks to wait in what the lines should be.
Along with parking going up, what is being added to parking to make it where it needs to cost 5 dollars more?
What does any of that have to do with what I said? Disney will never sell less tickets than what they can. That's ridiculous.

My comment was because so many ppl here seem to think raising prices will help by pricing others out. And then come around and complain that it is so expensive and how value has gone down and blah blah. It's hypocritical.

Is it possible to add Genie+ to an existing ticket at the current $25/day price? I see bundled tickets at the old prices through 3rd party sites, but not standalone Genie+. We already have our DL tickets for a March 2024 trip but hadn't added Genie+ since we didn't know if we'd use it for all 3 days of our tickets. I'd like to add it to just two days at $25/day if possible.

Is it possible to add Genie+ to an existing ticket at the current $25/day price? I see bundled tickets at the old prices through 3rd party sites, but not standalone Genie+. We already have our DL tickets for a March 2024 trip but hadn't added Genie+ since we didn't know if we'd use it for all 3 days of our tickets. I'd like to add it to just two days at $25/day if possible.
No. Sorry!

Nope. Genie+ had to be purchased at the time of purchasing the tickets and for all days. Only other choice is to buy day-by-day in the parks.

Oh boy…
I was planning on going next year but actually thought I’d have some more time to decide how many days (depending if it’s only a trip to DL or just a short layover for a trip to Hawaii…)
Guess I need to get specific fast…:moped::scared:

….

Well… what should I say…after 5 min of discussion I have just bought 5 day hoppers (old price) for my mom and me…. I am going to show her the Christmas decorations next year! :banana:

And yes I just hopped through our house in excitement!:jumping3:

I have been debating what to do next Christmas time for 2 month now… and luckily I had pretty much decided about 2h prior… and now it’s finally settled…
(And it it feels oddly good having saved so much money already :rotfl2:)

Now let’s the regular planning phase begin…

Ugh, the Believe also went up $200. I already renewed mine but my 3 boys are due in December and January. Puts me on the fence now renewing for my eldest due to high school commitments. We’d have to go 7 times for him to break even, and I think he’d prefer to do some after hour events or a weekend staycation instead of half days here and there. Ugh.

Ugh, the Believe also went up $200. I already renewed mine but my 3 boys are due in December and January. Puts me on the fence now renewing for my eldest due to high school commitments. We’d have to go 7 times for him to break even, and I think he’d prefer to do some after hour events or a weekend staycation instead of half days here and there. Ugh.
The Believe was already a terrible value with how many blockout days they added. At the new price it’s an even worse value.

I downgraded my boys to Enchant earlier this month. With the new price increases doing that saved me $1,150! Limited weekends and a summer block out is a bummer but I figure for the cost savings we will deal with it. We got lucky this year and our spring break is not blocked out for Enchant.

….

Well… what should I say…after 5 min of discussion I have just bought 5 day hoppers (old price) for my mom and me…. I am going to show her the Christmas decorations next year! :banana:

And yes I just hopped through our house in excitement!:jumping3:

Nice! I just now bought 4-day hoppers w/ genie+ for our family of 4 (old price deal). Don't have any idea when we're going to go yet but if I'd waited more than a few more days it'd cost $500 more for that package! Now I have the terrible job of figuring out when in the next 16 months to go to DL.... :P

The Believe was already a terrible value with how many blockout days they added. At the new price it’s an even worse value.

I downgraded my boys to Enchant earlier this month. With the new price increases doing that saved me $1,150! Limited weekends and a summer block out is a bummer but I figure for the cost savings we will deal with it. We got lucky this year and our spring break is not blocked out for Enchant.
Yeah - saturdays were the reason why we did the believe, but now I’ll have to do the math and figure out of the now $400 difference from enchant to believe is worth it. Actually I’m doing easy math for my youngest 2 and that’s $800 for Saturday availability - guess I’ll be doing enchant and pay OOP if a random Saturday is desired by my boys.

Edit: saturdays are gonna be blissful in the parks from here on out. I bet many will be downgrading.

Phew! I have an Enchant Key and will be there for the race weekend in January and luckily only one day is blocked out (Saturday). I will unfortunately need to buy a 1-day ticket, and as expensive as it is, will be paying for park hopper. Luckily the price only went up $10. That said, the cost is exorbitant. For a 1-day ticket with park hopping and Genie+ is it $264! That's 1/3 the cost of my Magic Key and it's one day! Probably should have just forked over the cash for a Believe Key earlier this year, certainly won't at the new prices even if upgrading becomes available.

I decided to just buy the ticket from UT and pay the slight premium since they still have old pricing. Paying directly with 5% discounted gift cards would put me at $251, and UT is only $256. I'll call those $5 my insurance policy, since UT does 95% refunds on this ticket. I love Disneyland but it is becoming more economical for me to go to WDW these days, when pricing things out per day.

Yeah - saturdays were the reason why we did the believe, but now I’ll have to do the math and figure out of the now $400 difference from enchant to believe is worth it. Actually I’m doing easy math for my youngest 2 and that’s $800 for Saturday availability - guess I’ll be doing enchant and pay OOP if a random Saturday is desired by my boys.

Edit: saturdays are gonna be blissful in the parks from here on out. I bet many will be downgrading.
And so many Saturdays are blocked out on Believe now!

All Saturdays in October
All Saturdays in November
All Saturdays in December
More than half the Saturdays in March
A Saturday in April
Two Saturdays in May (including May the Fourth)
All Saturdays in July
A Saturday in June
A Saturday in August

When they added all those new blockouts it was the final straw for me. That key is WAY overpriced for the available days.

Last edited:
How early can you buy tickets? Can I buy tickets now for a trip that won't happen until late next year? Do I have to commit to dates when I buy? What about who I am going with, any way to change that?

How early can you buy tickets? Can I buy tickets now for a trip that won't happen until late next year? Do I have to commit to dates when I buy? What about who I am going with, any way to change that?

I just bought tickets today for DL from an outside seller (am I allowed to say Undercover?) and they are good anytime now through mid-January 2025. Don't have to commit to dates but will need to make reservations at some point before you go. You have to put names with the tickets when you buy, but that can be changed to other people until they are redeemed at the gate. So if my two kids couldn't go I could use those tickets for my spouse and I to go another time. Oh, and if you change your mind you can get a 95% refund within 1 year if bought from Undercover. All that is why I bought now while I still could at the old prices.

I looked at Undercover Tourist, and their tickets are good until January 12 2025. Awesome! They’ll be good for our trip in February 2024! Remember though that kids tickets will be cheaper (like only $50/day for those under 10) with a sale Disney is doing October 24.

Three 5 day 10+ tickets (park hopper and genie) is a $417 savings. ($1698 vs $2115)

Looks like UT doesn’t charge taxes, but I think Disney does, right?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter