180 day mark fast approaching....suggestions?

mmouse1239

Mouseketeer
Hello friends. My 180 mark is approaching, and this is the first time EVER that I have free dining!! So, can anyone give me some pointers of how to make this work best? I will list possible places we are considering with the hopes that you all can give me some tips/suggestions. TIA

1. Crystal Palace
2. Chef Mickeys
3. Somewhere with Rivers of Light package???
4. Coral Reef
5. Rose and Crown (our favorite place to watch illuminations)
6. another option???

We are a family of 6.....2 grandparents, daughter, son-in-law, and two beautiful grandsons, 2 and 5. (thus the character meals) We are staying six nights at fort wilderness cabin. We will arrive on the Sat. after Thanksgiving and were considering doing CP on that night. We wanted to make sure we didn't miss the fireworks and parade at MK, since the only other night it appears to be showing would be Wed.

Thanks, in advance for your suggestions.

I thought of a breakfast, but my grandkids aren't really breakfast eaters.....they tend to have something small in the morning, followed by a larger lunch, and then a larger dinner. The only way we get them to eat more than breakfast bars would be if we would have a very late brunch type of thing. I hesitate to do that because of missed park time. We are planning to arrive early, leave early afternoon for nap/rest/ then return late afternoon/early evening.

I thought of a breakfast, but my grandkids aren't really breakfast eaters.....they tend to have something small in the morning, followed by a larger lunch, and then a larger dinner. The only way we get them to eat more than breakfast bars would be if we would have a very late brunch type of thing. I hesitate to do that because of missed park time. We are planning to arrive early, leave early afternoon for nap/rest/ then return late afternoon/early evening.
What about an 11am breakfast? I'm just suggesting Ohana bc that was my 5 year old's favorite character meal, and we did several. The kids walk around in a congo line shaking maracas following Goofy- so adorable! Also, Stitch!!!!

Are you doing Hollywood Studios? I would suggest H&V if so.

And last but not least- BOG we did breakfast last time (If you want to use it as a Quick Service), planning on doing dinner on our upcoming trip. My child also loved eating in Beast's castle. Close second behind Ohana.

Thanks for your help....we were considering Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic package. If we do that one, then our sit down meals are done. As for BOG, I have read so many mixed reviews with regards to waiting.....(even with a reservation)not sure I want to do that with a 2 year old. I have to think about that one.....

My kids are 3, 6 and 9 and they all love Tusker House at AK! We had dinner at BOG and it was a little bit of a wait. We also had to wait afterwards to meet the Beast.

Thanks for your help....we were considering Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic package. If we do that one, then our sit down meals are done. As for BOG, I have read so many mixed reviews with regards to waiting.....(even with a reservation)not sure I want to do that with a 2 year old. I have to think about that one.....
The H&V Fantasmic is perfect! We did the Disney Junior meal- this was great, now they have Minnie's Holiday Dine as well, which is what we will be doing next time.

You don't have to arrive as early to show. We arrived 15 minutes or so before start time, and had great seats!

Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Don't rule out BOG for a QS though...if you do lunch or dinner you will be fine, and the 2 year old may love it!

Had a really good steak at Coral Reef last time. The Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse for dessert was very good as well.
50's Prime Time Cafe would be a good place for a meal. Great Fried chicken dinner.

If you are worried about missing park time for a brunch, a great option is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. When we ate there is December, they had a brunch that went until 2 PM, so you have some flexibility with the timing. It's also very convenient getting there from MK. It's only a 5 minute walk, or one stop on the monorail to get there. Your grandkids will get to see the fab five, and eating in the Contemporary under a Mary Blair mural while the monorail drives through is a really cool and unique experience. The food won't blow your socks off, but it'd decent food and a very extensive buffet, so you should be able to find something that everybody enjoys.

My family of 5 had free dining a few years ago as well. BOG was one of my favorite dinners. Ohana sounds like a great dinner option for your family. We were all so stuffed and still had piles of food in front of us. Chef Mickey is great for your little ones (no waiting in line for Mickey!) . We also did Akershus which we did the breakfast and was amazing! Not sure how their dinners are but I know for the breakfast you get free 5x7 pictures with Belle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter