18 nights, 7 parks, and 1 family -6th full day complete- LIVE 8/6 -8/25

Hey Melanie! Just checking in! Loving the report! My 7 year old DS just happen to walk by when I was reading your update from US and IOA, needless to say he wants to go there now! :rotfl2: Can't wait for the next installment!

I so love your detailed LIVE report. I hope I can get in the time to get detailed like yours . We'll be checking in Sunday morning (OMG it feels AWESOME to say that!!!) and maybe we'll bump into you somewhere.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Hey Melanie.....we are back from our 6 nights at AKL.....we didn't see you, lol!

Have you noticed a difference in the crowds on the 16th when Free Dining started? We certainly did. Hope you are still having a great time....I'll keep reading:surfweb:

If you want a good meal.....we really enjoyed The Wave at the Contemporary....more so than Jiko. The chicken pot pie there was my son's favorite meal of the week. They also had my favorite dessert.

Hey Melanie.....we are back from our 6 nights at AKL.....we didn't see you, lol!

Have you noticed a difference in the crowds on the 16th when Free Dining started? We certainly did. Hope you are still having a great time....I'll keep reading:surfweb:

If you want a good meal.....we really enjoyed The Wave at the Contemporary....more so than Jiko. The chicken pot pie there was my son's favorite meal of the week. They also had my favorite dessert.

I tried to get everyone to go to the Wave and no one wanted to. Sunday at AK was more crowded than the last time for sure and MK on Monday was YIKES OMG crowded - luckily that day Bill did laundry and he and Ryan swam. Taryn and I opened MK and did a few rides, went over to the Poly for lunch and then went back to POP and took a nap. Then we went to MK later all of us and then went to dinner at Ohana's. Taryn wasn't feeling good after dinner and we were all tired so we went back to the room. Today at Epcot didn't feel super crowded. It was full - but not awful crowded like MK yesterday. We will see if MK is the same tomorrow. I don't think we have ever done a Monday at MK before, usually Wednesdays and Saturdays. Doing US/IOA and SW it just worked out that we did Monday at MK and Tuesday at EPCOT a EMH evening. Tonight was super crowded for the EMH. Thank goodness we had FP's and we rode Soarin and Mission space with no wait. Then we came back and still didn't get here till about 11pm.

I so love your detailed LIVE report. I hope I can get in the time to get detailed like yours . We'll be checking in Sunday morning (OMG it feels AWESOME to say that!!!) and maybe we'll bump into you somewhere.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

How exciting - it will be here before you know it. I'll be sad then cuz ours will almost be over. I will say that it is definatley feelig like we have been here FOREVER!

Hey Melanie! Just checking in! Loving the report! My 7 year old DS just happen to walk by when I was reading your update from US and IOA, needless to say he wants to go there now! :rotfl2: Can't wait for the next installment!

Ha - he would love it-it's a lot of fun, but it's not Disney and I missed that Disney feel.

Very excited to find out how the crowds are now that free dining started. We leave on the 22nd and are staying at POP also !!! Please keep us updated on the crowds at the parks and your wait times. Thanks in advance

The crowds do seem busier this week over last week. Everyone seems to have free dining.

Oh - When I rechecked into my hotel room on Sunday morning the morning of free dining - I almost had a heart attack. There were so many people in the lobby checking in that morning. There were litterly hundreds in line between all the lines. Even the internet line where you check back in on a continuing reservation was SO SO long. It took over an hour to wait and we were late getting to AK and really threw us off. The next morning at the same time there were like 5 people in line at the check in counter. Amazing. There were a lot of people re-checking back in on a continuing reservation for free dining.

Also - All restaurants we have eaten at including last week have said that they are completely full. Le Cellier where we ate at tonight and had a wonderful meal was turning people away and saying maybe at lunch someone could walk in, but most likely not and especially not at all for dinner. All of August is completely booked there she said.

Sorry I'm behind. I'll try to finish a day or two in the next few days. I'm too exhausted right now to finish the day I'm working on. The long days and walking all day are getting to me.

Night all - tomorrow is MK and we are eating counter service for lunch and Crystal Palace for dinner.

I just got caught up on your trip report! I have really enjoyed it so far and can't wait for the next update! You had a good plan and have gotten to ride a lot of rides. I need to plan better - I have in my mind what I want to do but don't have a schedule of what we should ride when. I'll try to do better when we go in December!

You have a beautiful family!

Just popping in to say HI!

I met PrincessPeanut at Goofy's Candy Co. tonight (HI) ! - what a fiasco that place was. They changed the prices of the make your own dipped goodies and the pretzels and rice krispy treats are no longer snack credits.

I was hoping I would have gotten back earlier to finish day 7 - I'll try tomorrow night. I'm so exhausted. Bill is sick tonight. He wasn't feeling well after dinner and Taryn and I went to DTD. Ryan and him went back to the room after Crystal Palace (he didn't eat much, and said he felt like he hit a brick wall and didn't have much of an appetite). I came back to the room to find out he has been really sick since he has been back. I guess I won't know till tomorrow if he is going with us.

Tomorrow is DHS and our Fantasmic Dinner pkg at Mama Melrose. Figures he would get sick when there is a cancel fee at this point. Plus there is so much food in the package - I don't see him wanting to eat all that after being sick. Tomorrow will be interesting.

We got stuck for at least 20 minutes or so on Pirates today. We were at the part where the dog and jail scene are. They did give everyone FP's once we finally got off. We were all starting to fall asleep in there it was taking so long. Thank goodness it was nice and cool in there.

I just got caught up on your trip report! I have really enjoyed it so far and can't wait for the next update! You had a good plan and have gotten to ride a lot of rides. I need to plan better - I have in my mind what I want to do but don't have a schedule of what we should ride when. I'll try to do better when we go in December!

You have a beautiful family!

Hi - Thanks!

Actually I don't plan out what rides we will do. I pick parks based on how we tour. Going at opening and staying all day at one park. We don't usually close parks, so most of the time we leave after dinner but that varies and it depends on the time it closes. We don't pick parks that have early or late entry. I usually pick my park and then check them with Tour Guide Mike's recommendations. I"m usually pretty close on my own - but sometimes realize something I hadn't thought of.

We definately make use of FP's and try to always get a FP when the new time is open to get one. Certain rides have less of a line than others -it also depends on the time of day and year.

Hi Melanie, just catching up on your report! OMG, I wish we had enough time to hit up DTD on our upcoming trip just to go to Trend-D!!! I have to agree with you, Goofy's Candy Co. is a nightmare everytime wwe go there! Really think they need to reorganize thinks there!!!

Did you like Shrek 4D? Went to Universal Hollywood last April and thought it was so cute! Mummy and Jarassic Park were fun too!

So now that free dining has started how's it going? Seeing much of a difference?

Hi Melanie, just catching up on your report! OMG, I wish we had enough time to hit up DTD on our upcoming trip just to go to Trend-D!!! I have to agree with you, Goofy's Candy Co. is a nightmare everytime wwe go there! Really think they need to reorganize thinks there!!!

Did you like Shrek 4D? Went to Universal Hollywood last April and thought it was so cute! Mummy and Jarassic Park were fun too!

So now that free dining has started how's it going? Seeing much of a difference?

Hi there!

Yeah we liked Shrek, although all that bouncing hurts, lol. I really loved the Simpsons ride. One of the best 4d ones ever!!!! WE LOVE Mummy and also MIB too~~

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on the live reports. I think the heat, lack of sleep, throbbing legs and feet and late nights have cought up with me. I've been so exhausted lately.

The kids and I headed to DHS and Bill slept in. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it, but we met up around 3pm. Today we tried to go to RNRRC & TOT first before TSM, but that was a bad idea. That didn't work. We got FP's for RNRRC and rode it. Went to TSM but the line and FP line was too long, so we walked back and rode TOT and got a FP. Then because we couldn't get FP's again till 12pm and TSM's FP's were gone by then, we waited 90 minutes for TSM (posted time was 130 - so 90 was a bargain). Went to Animation courtyard and there were only 2 sets of characters and the crowds were huge. Watched AI, ate lunch at Starring Rolls Bakery. Great food, too crowded and the table we were at was sunny and hot.......but we ate and early lunch at 10:30am since our Fantasmic Dinner ressies were at 5pm. Stopped and got a drink and met up with Bill. Went to go use our FP's for RNRRC and TOT (Bill didn't ride - no FP's and wasn't ready yet). Went to go watch Indiana Jones and it was full. Went to one Man's Dream and headed to Dinner. Dinner was good - but Bill and Ryan didn't eat dessert. We took thiers with us, but with the rides, fantasmic etc. they were smooshed by the time we got back.

After dinner we tried to watch the AI Finale, but it was full so we watched it on the big TV outside the theatre with a TON of other people. Then we headed to Fantasmic. It worked out good although the theatre was pretty packed already. We sat in the Fantasmic section. When we were done we used the TOT of FP's Bill got when we rode TOT earlier in the afternoon. Bill even rode with us. It was 9:50pm when we were done with TOT and we ran across the park to TSM and got in line just as it was closing. Taryn was complaining because she didn't want to wait the posted 90 minutes, but it moved fast since it was closed and there was no FP people waiting. We were in and out in 30 minutes and the line moved really fast.

No rain today, but it thundered and lightened during Fantasmic. It was super crowded again. I'm thinking if we go again when there are only Fantasmic shows on certain days we won't go on Fantasmic nights, but will put those on a night when we rest during the day. DHS is too small for that many ppl. Ick!! It was also super hot today. I think it was the humidty. It just felt super sweaty and icky.

Bill and Taryn said that they are ready to go home now.......it really feels like we have been here for a long time and I think everyone has such sore legs and we are just beat. Usually we have some beach days thrown in, but we did US/IOA & SW this time insstead.

Night all - see you tomorrow. Tomorrow is Epcot and Biergarten for dinner.

Hi there!

Yeah we liked Shrek, although all that bouncing hurts, lol. I really loved the Simpsons ride. One of the best 4d ones ever!!!! WE LOVE Mummy and also MIB too~~

So true, it is a bit bumpy!!! The simpson ride wasn't open yet when we were there, so I didn't get to ride it. I was bummed!!! Looking forward to your next update! Hope you are all enjoying your trip!!!

So true, it is a bit bumpy!!! The simpson ride wasn't open yet when we were there, so I didn't get to ride it. I was bummed!!! Looking forward to your next update! Hope you are all enjoying your trip!!!

Thanks - We are definatetly enjoying, but tired.

Yesterday was EPCOT. We got quite a bit of rain, but we were pretty much able to do everything we wanted. The threat of rain kept us closer to Germany since that is where we were eating dinner. Luckily we were able to check in early for dinner. It was pouring when we were done with dinner. Bill and Ryan went back to the room to watch the Dallas Cowboys game. Taryn and I had FP's for Soarin'. We were able to ride it twice using the boys FP's, but it still took a long time riding it twice. That ride just takes forever. Dinner was yummy. Taryn and I took the bus back and she commented that the buses must be better this trip because we haven't waited. I said yeah that is true, but don't forget that we have only taken a few busses.

Today is MK. We have dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

JUst found yout LIVE TR! Thanks for taking timeout and writing. Loving it!!!
And keep having a great Vaca!

We have been enjoying your trip updates. Waiting to hear how the rest of your trip went.:yay:

Hello!

I just now found your TR and am only on the first page but I wanted to comment on how much I LOVE your photos! It looks like you had an amazing time!

I'm glad you got your computer back, I would have freaked out! I left my $1000.00 SLR camera sitting on a bench at MK once and was shocked to find it still there 25 minutes later! :yay: I seriously cried once I realized it was still there. It was amazing! :yay:

Now, I need to get caught up!

Hello!

I just now found your TR and am only on the first page but I wanted to comment on how much I LOVE your photos! It looks like you had an amazing time!

I'm glad you got your computer back, I would have freaked out! I left my $1000.00 SLR camera sitting on a bench at MK once and was shocked to find it still there 25 minutes later! :yay: I seriously cried once I realized it was still there. It was amazing! :yay:

Now, I need to get caught up!

Wow - I know you were happy! That is how I felt once I found the laptop. I had a pit in my stomach till I did. It was a scary feeling. Something just made me go first to the front desk and when he came back and told me I could stop filling out the form I was like THANK YOU GOD!

Once on another trip we had just gotten to Disney and we went to MK for a few hours. We rode maybe two rides and were going back to POP and we were on the monorail. I got off the monorail and realized after the monorail had left that my bag was still laying on the monorail seat. I have never left a bag or even almost left a bag in all the times we have been at Disney - but I guess with the excitement of being there it just happened. I knew pretty quickly I did that. I told a CM who called the monorail and someone had given it to a CM and they were bringing it back around. All my CASH, my credit cards, room keys, AP's and everything were in that bag. Thank goodness I got it back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter