18 nights, 7 parks, and 1 family -6th full day complete- LIVE 8/6 -8/25

Dinner at Teppan Edo

2ccw2de.jpg

We got a pager and waited about 15 minutes before being taken to our table.

6punu8.jpg

Our chef and the volcano:

m7xt78.jpg

Ryan ordered the kids Shrimp

2j496a8.jpg

Taryn ordered the kids shrimp

2j496a8.jpg

Me and Bill ordered 1 of the shrimp and 1 of the scallops and split it between the two of us.

Mine:

w9e1d5.jpg

Bill:

14vi736.jpg

We had an excellent meal as usual. We cleaned our plates, except Ryan gave me, Bill and Taryn one shrimp each and he had some rice and noodles left. The family sitting with us left a lot of seafood on their plates. Not us - we devoured ours.

Once dinner was done it was 8:15pm. So we headed over to Italy to get our Kim Possible stuff. They were closing up the cart, but they gave it to us anyway. We almost missed out. This was so much fun! Ryan had a ball. Taryn seemed a bit bored, lol. Our mission was in Japan - and here I though it was in Italy !

30d9j50.jpg

2cr6ddk.jpg

It was starting to get dark when we arrived in Japan:

2ajx9fk.jpg

Our first mission was in the Koi pond:

v7upsl.jpg

And had to do with this rock:

2vt7674.jpg

Then we had to find windchimes near the gift shop:

2ccnfb9.jpg

At one point the phone made the windchimes chime.

And then find this:

2djtdh3.jpg

And read the answer to the question on this:

f07uo5.jpg

Then head to this garden

2lnz3ib.jpg

And go around the corner to find this

293gbc8.jpg

And then it did this

rvj9f8.jpg

302ut7q.jpg

And then go inside the gift shop and look for this spot

1o4xvd.jpg

52giso.jpg

and we made this Bebe appear

i2j6gj.jpg

looking at the last clue

rlmdrl.jpg

Then we went here and this was where we had to drop the phone off in this box:

Tomorrow (well it was today since I had to finish this today because of computer problems) is Disney Hollywood Studios. Lunch is at Prime Time Cafe and dinner is at Sci Fi.

Great report :-) I can't wait to read more of it!
And I love Taryn's purple shirt. I have to know where she got it!

Hope you're having a great time at Disney!!

Ha - I thought last night I'd finish early - but it was still 1:30am before I got to bed, lol. So far iced tea is keeping me going, lol.

How fun that you and DS are doing a trip. Taryn and I got to come with her High School cheer squad back in March. It was fun being with her alone.

When do you arrive??

We will get to the World on Wed.:mickeyjum I'm really looking forward to this one-on-one trip with my son.....my oldest DS graduated from college and my middle DS is headed off to college. They both have been to WDW just about every year when they were younger, but the youngest really missed out when the older two had crazy schedules once H.S. started. When he asked earlier this summer if the two of us could go, I was so excited and knew I better
plan something soon before he didn't think it was cool to go with Mom anymore. I found great prices to make this last minute trip and DH said, Go for it!:love1:
Maybe someday when Taryn goes off to school, you will get the same opportunity!

Another great day you had! I did not know that you could wait for the front row on Soarin'. Do you just ask the CM when you get to the loading area or is there a special line?

Now I'm going to have to remember to backtrack for the place holder spots.

TURTLE TALK...one of my favorites. The BEST question to ask Crush is if he can name all his children. You'll love the answer(s)!

We will get to the World on Wed.:mickeyjum I'm really looking forward to this one-on-one trip with my son.....my oldest DS graduated from college and my middle DS is headed off to college. They both have been to WDW just about every year when they were younger, but the youngest really missed out when the older two had crazy schedules once H.S. started. When he asked earlier this summer if the two of us could go, I was so excited and knew I better
plan something soon before he didn't think it was cool to go with Mom anymore. I found great prices to make this last minute trip and DH said, Go for it!:love1:
Maybe someday when Taryn goes off to school, you will get the same opportunity!

Another great day you had! I did not know that you could wait for the front row on Soarin'. Do you just ask the CM when you get to the loading area or is there a special line?

Where are you staying?

Yeah - just tell them you want to wait for the 1st row. It's really easy and they never have a problem.

Great report so far! Thanks for taking the time to do a live report. It's so much fun getting to be at Disney with you! :goodvibes

Enjoying all of your pictures. We came home on the evening of the 3rd. I had to be back at school on the 5th. Boo!

We were in the Play-Doh building third floor overlooking the lake. We had 4342, 3, and 4. We transferred over to Wilderness Lodge for the last two nights, and that was incredible!

We tried Teppan Edo for the first time this trip. It was good, but it was our most expensive meal, and some of our cheaper ones were better, I thought. I'm glad we did it, though. We had a woman chef, and she was very sweet.

Keep the pictures coming! I've got to wait on my son-in-law to get the external hard drive and get the first set loaded onto photobucket before we can get started, but rumor has it that that is going to happen tonight. We'll see.

Enjoying all of your pictures. We came home on the evening of the 3rd. I had to be back at school on the 5th. Boo!

We were in the Play-Doh building third floor overlooking the lake. We had 4342, 3, and 4. We transferred over to Wilderness Lodge for the last two nights, and that was incredible!

We tried Teppan Edo for the first time this trip. It was good, but it was our most expensive meal, and some of our cheaper ones were better, I thought. I'm glad we did it, though. We had a woman chef, and she was very sweet.

Keep the pictures coming! I've got to wait on my son-in-law to get the external hard drive and get the first set loaded onto photobucket before we can get started, but rumor has it that that is going to happen tonight. We'll see.

I think you were at POP when we were there in July 07 - I think I wrote on a board you had on your door -unless I'm mixing you up with someone. Your son in law (maybe it was your son in law) or someone came to the door when they heard me writing on it. I was like - oops sorry!!!
Great report :-) I can't wait to read more of it!
And I love Taryn's purple shirt. I have to know where she got it!

That is close to where we are - I think it's 4359.

Hope you're having a great time at Disney!!

I asked her this morning and she said Forever 21.

Sorry - Last night I had major problems with my computer connection.

I'm going to attempt to finish yesterday and start with today.

Tuesday August 11, 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios

I can't believe how crowded it was. Thankfully we had no rain today, but once again it was nice and toasty. I did have a point in the day that I was freezing though, so it wasn't anywhere near as hot as our AK day.

We left at our usual 8:15am and arrived at about 8:45am. DHS is so close to POP and it really only took a few minutes to drive over. We did take a tram, even though it wasn't far.

1610g5.jpg

zvy0k5.jpg

69n7s4.jpg

mjvbb7.jpg

Once inside the park, they had everyone held back until the official rope drop at 9pm. It was so crowded because the street is very small up Hollywood Blvd.

2mdh0ep.jpg

We went to the left in one of the gift shops and once the official rope dropped happened it was sea of people heading towards Toy Story Mania. This was the first time at DHS since the new Fantasmic schedule. It used to be easy for me to predict what the best day of the week was to go, and it wouldn't matter because Fantasmic was almost always taking place. Now after experiencing today, I will have to reconsider next trip's DHS days.

We've decided that when we go back to DHS next Thursday we are going to get a FP for RNRRC, ride TOT and RNRRC first and then go ride TSM and get a FP to TSM after that.

Today was the most crowded I have ever seen DHS. It was horribly crowded, and we experienced some of the longest lines we have ever seen for almost everything.

First we headed back and Bill got in line for FP's for TSM. Then we decided to just get in line and ride it because the FP line wasn't moving. It only took us 30 minuest to go through and we were hoping that the FP line would be down when we were done. We wasted a lot of time with Bill in the FP line that we really lost spaces in line because of this.

We did however absolutely LOVE TSM!! It was a lot of fun and better than I expected.

orqtts.jpg

2rqg94y.jpg

10zpmcl.jpg

svm06c.jpg

29c5jb.jpg

Here is Taryn's score and Mine (she beat me)

345fm83.jpg

Next we and everyone in the park headed to TOT & RNRRC. The wait for RNRRC was way too long so we got a FP. The line for TOT was 40 minutes, but it went faster and wasn't more than 30 - but more like 20-25.

f0w6ix.jpg

r70k5s.jpg

8yxmpj.jpg

It was now almost 11am and it felt like we haven't done anything yet. We'll I guess we really didn't - only two things so far. One of the worst mornings at DHS as far as getting things done.

We started heading towards Prime Time Cafe for our 11:05am ADR's.

2gwf8dg.jpg

ma9beo.jpg

2qw1kbs.jpg

m980fd.jpg

5xpg7a.jpg

Bill got the Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken.

1z2gfio.jpg

Ryan had the kids meat loaf, side salad and sundae

1zyy2w6.jpg

33yrxg5.jpg

1d9p1.jpg

Taryn had the kids Fried Chicken -White meat (breast), side salad and was not hungry for the sundae

fvuyyw.jpg

1y771h.jpg

I had the fish sandwich with onion rings. It was so tasty! I really loved the horseradish sauce for the onion rings. The only thing I didn't like was that they put the tarter sauce on the sandwich. It was a lot of tarter sauce and would have been better on the side.

25am1oj.jpg

We also split a PB&J milkshake. It's our favorite milk shake around.

6qgvew.jpg

2vwy4hh.jpg

vcw50x.jpg

29p2iq1.jpg

kd1ndc.jpg

We were so stuffed after lunch.

After lunch we had explicit instructions from Taryn to go to Villains in Vogue to do a Jack Skellington Nightmare before christmas photo shoot. Unfortunately there were only 3 hats.

n2oosx.jpg

o5np92.jpg

aze0c1.jpg
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Next we headed to the Great Movie Ride. It was posted at 40 minutes, but It only took about 20. Luckily this line moves fast.

2cco42a.jpg

5lxsec.jpg

2a0f3tw.jpg

xcizb8.jpg

2jaeo9l.jpg

165ojq.jpg

11l3f3s.jpg

Our plans were to do the 2pm American Idol Experience. We were going over to do Star Tours and realized the Jedi Training was going to start at 1:30pm. We decided to do that instead. We grabbed a FP for Star Tours and was good since there was a 40 minute line for Star Tours.

vg7ytx.jpg

2czblmx.jpg

And then Ryan got picked

zn29nm.jpg

34h9nib.jpg

fuytr7.jpg

At 2pm we did the American Idol Experience and we all liked it much better than we thought. We really thought it would be lame. When Bill said he liked it, I knew it was a winner. He was really missing Millionare.

vor0x1.jpg

2sb1wjq.jpg

k391n5.jpg

24dhhkn.jpg

2zxuicx.jpg

2r29o1s.jpg

We decided to use our FP's for TSM and see what the line was. The line was 160 minutes. That is so insane, lol.

Taryn still beat me!

5dnzf7.jpg

Photo time - Singing in the Rain

hvw2oh.jpg

dc8mz6.jpg

I'm off to bed - I'll finish the rest tomorrow including dinner at Sci FI.

It's time to use our Star Tours FP's

r7lstc.jpg

334m58j.jpg

4idlyw.jpg

We went to the Beauty and the Beast 4pm showing

2du9rp5.jpg

2zozsww.jpg

16josht.jpg

Dinner was fast approaching so we decided to do Animation Courtyard until it was time to go. We watched the movie with Mushu.

27zjm78.jpg

And then got these character pictures:

k3vsih.jpg

eg2ywl.jpg

apaczs.jpg

20tgcg8.jpg

2ykddmq.jpg

14tv51y.jpg

Our ADR's were for Sci Fi at 5:45pm. We checked in and were not seated until 6:45pm. We were so full from lunch that we really weren't hungry at 5:45pm, so the delay did make us hungry and I was in fact starving by the time dinner came. Ufortunately it took an hour out of the day just for waiting.

Next we headed to our 5:45pm ADR's at Prime Time Cafe. We did not get seated until around 6:45PM. We had planned to go to the last American Idol finale show, but that idea went out the window when it was almost 7pm when we sat down.

2uq2ejc.jpg

xojfbl.jpg

ncgn5h.jpg

nz67s.jpg

nl33oj.jpg

Bill got the Reuben with french fries

vsm2wx.jpg

Taryn got the kids hamburger, fries, apple slices and sundae.

2mdl9mv.jpg

5d9b0o.jpg

Ryan got the kids macaroni and cheese, tomato soup and sundae

2vw6vza.jpg

5exwzc.jpg

I got the hamburger with cheddar, mushrooms, fried onions and bacon with onion rings (the onion rings were a $2.00 extra charge).

n66qyr.jpg

After dinner we went to see what the wait was for Toy Story Mania and it was still at 160 minutes. Then we went to Muppet Vision. We went in right before a show. I always love timing it just right.

Finally I got to find the sign for "the key is under the mat".

2u8vte9.jpg

2ivl4er.jpg

262oaas.jpg

A net full of jello = Annette Funicello

opslcj.jpg

glasses

2j346bk.jpg

Next we headed over to RNRRC and used our FP's. We had hoped that since there were 2 Fantasmic's that the lines would have died down. No such luck. The lines for both RNRRC and TOT were huge still.

13z4j84.jpg

We went back over to see if we could either do the Little Mermaid or One Man's dream and we were able to catch the 8:55pm Little Mermaid. Sorry no pictures. Once we were done we walked back down to head out of the park. We stopped in the photopass store and put the Jedi training pictures on our card. I also had lost my card from the past few days and I learned something new. They can go back to any photopass location you were at recently and pull up your number and put that old card on a new one. We pulled up Epcot entrance between 8:30am-9:30am on Monday and there were our pictures. Very cool.

After that we headed back to Pop Century. Ryan once again went to the arcade for a bit.

Great update. TSM is now the alltime favorite of I guess everyone. Ohhh that fried chicken is so good and makes me want some. Can't wait for more. Have fun today.

Really enjoying your report. Are you planning to keep up this pace for al 18 days?

For being such a busy day, it seemed like you guys were able to do most of the must sees! That is a good thing!
I look forward to reading about your adventures every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter