18 nights, 7 parks, and 1 family -6th full day complete- LIVE 8/6 -8/25

We just got back on Thursday the 6th. I also did a live trip report. We got alot of rain, and so far you have missed it, lucky you. Glad you are walking on alot of attractions. That only happened for us first thing in the morning. Good luck touring and have fun!! Make a stop at Goofys for me, I never quite made it and rice krispie treats are my fave!!

Next we headed to Yak and Yeti for lunch.

34t5zt5.jpg

ndrjgp.jpg

14dde07.jpg

2vcgeph.jpg

Here is the view out of our window.

25honq1.jpg

Ryan and Taryn split the Sweet and Sour Pork. The kids both loved it. Taryn said it was the best she ever had. Bill even tried some and wished he would have ordered the Sweet and sour instead of the Crispy honey chicken he ordered.

sype7c.jpg

Bill got the Crispy Honey Chicken - He did not like it at all.

fcodif.jpg

I got the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp. I subbed in the coconut ginger rice instead of the jasmine rice. The rice grew on me. At first I wasn't sure, because I really couldn't taste the coconut and the ginger was strong. In the end I really enjoyed the rice. The shrimp was good but the steak was great. I ordered it medium rare and the flavor was so good. The kids tried it and both loved it.

24grv6g.jpg

The restaurant was really beautiful.

5f0snd.jpg

33w1pbl.jpg

After lunch we got a FP for Kali River Rapids. Taryn, Ryan and me went into a gift shop and Ryan put this on:

erd2yp.jpg

We then walked over to use our FP's for Kiliamajaro Safari. On the way we saw Flik and got pictures:

1490fbl.jpg

315dedz.jpg

Bill and Ryan played on the drums:

2l8hhu1.jpg

Took a few pictures:

11ilsb5.jpg

2pyan1u.jpg

Stopped and saw a dance at Tusker House:

16gnbiq.jpg

Finally we got to Kilamajaro Safari.

vicpc4.jpg

28vr6eu.jpg

6iw4ld.jpg

spgkn5.jpg

r1mlbq.jpg

2q9kx1x.jpg

2rwauxe.jpg

Lovin the live reports!:lovestruc Keep them coming...way jealous that you get so much time at WDW. The most I ever get is 4 days!

Today was so much hotter than yesterday. I can't believe that Taryn and I were freezing yesterday and thinking seriously about buying a sweatshirt. Today, I was so hot I seriously told Bill we should go back to the hotel and swim, shower and then go to dinner. He said no he didn't want to give up an Animal Kingdom day. It's funny how our perspective is so skewed. You'd think with 3 full AK days, and the fact that we had almost done everything at this point would have made us say - Let's go!

On our way to Kali River Rapids (we really wanted to do this as early as possible in the day so we could dry by dinner) we stopped at another gift shop (can you tell my kids love them):

1ij51f.jpg

2hdse9j.jpg

We stopped and got pictures with Turk. I think she was a little hug happy and honestly after hugging her - I couldn't imagine wearing that outfit. I was hot just hugging her.

24fa1yo.jpg

3499s92.jpg

2m5ggav.jpg

We stopped and got another family picture with this view:

ounmm9.jpg

Stopped in the gift shop we were at when Ryan got the picture with the hat. He bought a chinese character "Year of the Ox" necklace.

fciljc.jpg

dqiwp2.jpg

And then.........we all did this:

dwp3ed.jpg

34qskyg.jpg

35n23c1.jpg

15qvzv6.jpg

yml48.jpg

And finally:

2i0rdc2.jpg

4k8m6o.jpg

Check out this cool plant in the Kali River line.

2u6o36f.jpg

Aren't FP's just the best. I love walking on with only a few minute wait.

Bill told Taryn he would buy her a Jack Skellington pin if she got soaked. Me and Taryn got the most wet, but we were not soaked. No pin for Taryn.

Trying to get other people wet:

10ygv3t.jpg

What's Next???

54g1no.jpg

How about more family photo's?

x1ette.jpg

wtwsoj.jpg

And some of Mount Everest?

spanwx.jpg

This one looks like a post card doesn't it:

2127cd3.jpg

Why does it feel 10 x hotter in AK than other parks? Even a CM said the same thing as well as I heard other guests saying it. It really does feel hotter here. We were dying and so one of our favorite Disney treats were in order........a frozen Chai drink from Andupur Tea Company.

atsz7a.jpg

2gt9o93.jpg

zntv5x.jpg

And now we were headed to the 2:30pm Festival of the Lion King. On the way - we get a FP for Dinosaur and we use the one at the front of the park. Did I say how much I love this???

1zwi3yx.jpg

And now on with the show:

eags36.jpg

2vj2aro.jpg

20kor2f.jpg

2vxm6np.jpg

We thought about seeing some of the characters but with everyone coming out of the show we decided against it. Koda was out and there were only two people ahead of us. He really was a great character and really played with the kids.

2mhfl7o.jpg

ixgqc2.jpg

20jkdiv.jpg

2aah8ox.jpg

And then on our way out we see Pocohantas with one family. Ryan would not pose with her.

ajuzcg.jpg

It was now time for our 2nd Kilimajaro Safari FP's so we head back to ride this one more time.

dbkxdz.jpg

161b1b9.jpg

2h55vsx.jpg

We decided to see the 4:45pm Finding Nemo show. I think everyone was getting tired by this time. We were all a little grumpier than usual.

11sko0p.jpg

Use our Dinosaur FP's - although they were NOT needed!

20gbsps.jpg

We left after riding Dinosaur because we had 6:20pm ADR's at Jiko and had to go back to the hotel for me and Taryn to change.

Dinner at Jiko:

14wr5s3.jpg

11ta3gg.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the bread. We had it eaten so quickly - I think the heat made us hungry.

We split the BBQ Chicken Flatbread for an appetizer.

2qss0ux.jpg

For entrees me, Bill and Ryan got what we ordered the last time. Taryn had the kids mac and cheese last time, but instead ordered the kids steak and got mac and cheese instead of the mashed potatoes. I forgot to take a picture, but did at the end after the steak and mac & cheese was gone. Her's also had fried onions on it. I also realized when looking at the Bill later that he didn't charge us for drinks (just regular iced teas and soda).

Ryan had the kids Macaroni and Cheese - which he absolutely loved.

2mni3wp.jpg

Bill got the Oak Grilled Filet Mignon. He loved his. Bill thought mine was larger than his and said we should trade. Get your hands off my plate BOY!!

2d7g1fo.jpg

I also got the Oak Grilled Filet Mignon and mine was as smooth as butter. We both ordered ours medium rare- yumm!

qnu49d.jpg

Here is Taryn's steak and mac & cheese - with the steak and mac and cheese eaten. I hope no one thinks it's too gross since she has already eaten so much of it.

2qx6xjq.jpg

We were too stuffed for dessert. After dinner we went out to take a look at the animals.

Taryn's favorite animal:

16ib9ug.jpg

2884jv6.jpg

vq3b75.jpg

ildefl.jpg

k03cd4.jpg

351xpxv.jpg

i592dk.jpg

Bill messing playing in the gift shop at the AKL:

mmc1z9.jpg

We got back to our room around 8:20pm. Taryn and I watched the rest of Big Brother and then Bill, Taryn and Ryan went swimming. After showers, the kids went to the arcade and gift shop.

When everyone was at the pool I heard the fireworks at Epcot. Here is the smoke at the end, but it shows you where you could see them from the building 4 lake view.

hwiikp.jpg

See everyone tomorrow. We are at Epcot and have ADR's at Coral Reef for lunch and Teppan Edo for dinner.

You got some great pictures of the male lion. 18 days that's a great trip. Can't wait to see what you do on all of them. Have a magical trip. Oh ya did I say I love live trip reports. :)

I have only 25 days until we go, so I love hearing how things are going. I know it will go by fast and will be here before I know it. Reading your live report helps us get super excited! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Woo hoo - 25 days! Won't be long now. I know the trip reports kept me going till we left.

We just got back on Thursday the 6th. I also did a live trip report. We got alot of rain, and so far you have missed it, lucky you. Glad you are walking on alot of attractions. That only happened for us first thing in the morning. Good luck touring and have fun!! Make a stop at Goofys for me, I never quite made it and rice krispie treats are my fave!!

Oh that stinks. So far we've done good with the rain. A small amount the evening of Thursday 8/6 but that is it so far. I think it did rain on Saturday, I heard 1 inch in Orlando, but we missed it and if it did rain at MK it did it when we were in the Hall of Presidents.

Lovin the live reports!:lovestruc Keep them coming...way jealous that you get so much time at WDW. The most I ever get is 4 days!

We keep adding days as we go. I hope you get to experience a long one, they are totally different. We really get to relax and not worry about having to see everything in one or two days at each park.

OMGosh, when are you sleeping???:worship: Your report is so detailed.....just LOVE, LOVE reading it.

DS and I are doing a mother/son trip and soon will be at Jiko's for our "fancy" night. Loved seeing your pics with your DS and your fabulous dinner.

Lol, DS and I are hooked on Big Brother too!! Not sure if we will get to watch while there or I'll record it at home to catch up later.

I'm going to look for you guys (even though we are only there 6 nights)....would love to say HI to you:wave2:

We have totally different styles @ WDW, but I think that goes back to the fact that I only get 4 days every other year, 5 at best....I hope you know how lucky you are to have 18 days and to be able to take your time and enjoy everything! That is one of my dreams...to take it slow and easy at WDW! I am loving living through your eyes...Keep up the good work, and Thank you for posting!

I LOVE :love: the first pic of y'all on Dinosaur...you look like a really FUN family. Was DD mad at dad for something at Yak and Yeti lunch? It looks like she doesn't like whatever he said!

Thanks for the Jiko review. Your meals looked fantabulous. We're trying it for the first time on our trip after Thanksgiving as well as Coral Reef for lunch so look forward to your review of that one too.

I.....AM....HOOOKEDDDD!!! I am going to (like the last few trips) attempt a LIVE report...but when you are with 7 other people it doesn't always work out as planned---but you have SO much detail, tons of photos and I feel like I am there with you.

Just 12 days till our trip and I am subbing to your report to pass the time :)

WOW! Great report.:thumbsup2 I'm getting tired just reading your report. How do you guys keep up such a great pace? Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

You got some great pictures of the male lion. 18 days that's a great trip. Can't wait to see what you do on all of them. Have a magical trip. Oh ya did I say I love live trip reports. :)

The male lion is definately hard to get sometimes, but the female is even worse, lol. Once I got him standing up. I think there is an AK safari thread somewhere that I have the picture I took that time. It's awesome!

great reports so far looking forward to reading more

Thanks!!

Great trip report ... can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

OMGosh, when are you sleeping???:worship: Your report is so detailed.....just LOVE, LOVE reading it.

DS and I are doing a mother/son trip and soon will be at Jiko's for our "fancy" night. Loved seeing your pics with your DS and your fabulous dinner.

Lol, DS and I are hooked on Big Brother too!! Not sure if we will get to watch while there or I'll record it at home to catch up later.

I'm going to look for you guys (even though we are only there 6 nights)....would love to say HI to you:wave2:

Ha - I thought last night I'd finish early - but it was still 1:30am before I got to bed, lol. So far iced tea is keeping me going, lol.

How fun that you and DS are doing a trip. Taryn and I got to come with her High School cheer squad back in March. It was fun being with her alone.

When do you arrive??

We have totally different styles @ WDW, but I think that goes back to the fact that I only get 4 days every other year, 5 at best....I hope you know how lucky you are to have 18 days and to be able to take your time and enjoy everything! That is one of my dreams...to take it slow and easy at WDW! I am loving living through your eyes...Keep up the good work, and Thank you for posting!

Thanks - I agree that we are really lucky, the times you get to spend with family like this are so precious.

I LOVE :love: the first pic of y'all on Dinosaur...you look like a really FUN family. Was DD mad at dad for something at Yak and Yeti lunch? It looks like she doesn't like whatever he said!

Thanks for the Jiko review. Your meals looked fantabulous. We're trying it for the first time on our trip after Thanksgiving as well as Coral Reef for lunch so look forward to your review of that one too.

Ha-ha, Taryn does that sometimes. Our family is very joking and she was giving him one of her looks, lol. It looks more like she is messing around. Course, if she were giving it to me I'd say it was because I was taking a picture. I have tons of pictures with dirty looks from her for taking her picture, lol.

Coral reef was good today. Bill didn't really enjoy his entree, even though he had the same thing last year. Taryn hated her entree. Ryan and I both enjoyed ours - but dinner was the highlight today!

I.....AM....HOOOKEDDDD!!! I am going to (like the last few trips) attempt a LIVE report...but when you are with 7 other people it doesn't always work out as planned---but you have SO much detail, tons of photos and I feel like I am there with you.

Just 12 days till our trip and I am subbing to your report to pass the time :)

Glad I can help pass your time. It's actually been fun doing them and reliving the day!

WOW! Great report.:thumbsup2 I'm getting tired just reading your report. How do you guys keep up such a great pace? Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

We usually do an all day pace, and it's really the caffeine that keeps me going, lol.

Another no rain day!!! Got to love it!

Once more I was up at 7am and we were out the door by 8:15am. We all ironed last night and I really love just showering and getting dressed. Much easier than pulling out the iron in the morning.

Today was another hot and fun day. Epcot has plenty of indoor places with AC to enjoy, so that really helps. We didn't seem to get as much done today, but I think we really took it slow today and it is nice not feeling like you have to do everything in one day.

I love Epcot's parking lot. When you arrive at opening you park so close.

First we stopped and got a family picture in front of Spaceship Earth:

ih37fs.jpg

We were going to head straight to Soarin and get a FP and ride but Taryn saw Daisy and well since it's one of her favorites and she is so hard to find, we stopped. She was going in for 5 minutes, so Bill and Ryan headed to Soarin to get FP's and Taryn and I stayed to get pictures with Daisy.l

5ouvsg.jpg

23tnnls.jpg

We walked over to Soarin to find that the boys had gotten the FP's, but that almost everyone who entered the park were now waiting at Soarin. We decided to go do Test Track instead. The Test Track sign said 20 minutes and single rider 5 minutes. We decided to wait this time in the standbye line, but in the future we would do single rider.

oqdqj6.jpg

orkl8n.jpg

2llcaas.jpg

Ellen was down early in the morning, but it did go up a little later.

We rode Mission Space orange side (more intense) next. The line was listed at 30 minutes and it took about 20.

2efjgx0.jpg

28v642q.jpg

28us1g0.jpg

Bill yawning

2cdj2gk.jpg

And waiting

51ooqa.jpg

mkfc7m.jpg

mkfc7m.jpg

Time to head over to Soarin to use our FP's. We decided to stop at Club Cool for a drink to cool us down. Of course not one of them would take the bait for the Beverly (unlike the great picture I have of Bill from our last trip)

j9byfm.jpg

14mrqm8.jpg

33ljj2d.jpg

k2n3ic.jpg

bux5.jpg

2u970ue.jpg

1692u15.jpg

2lbjfxs.jpg

Enjoying the view on our way out of Club Cool

riroyd.jpg

2nsc75i.jpg

We stopped and got another set of Soarin FP's for later and then used our current Soarin FP's. No matter how many times I ride Soarin, I get so giddy! I love the smells, the sights and the wind in my hair! We always wait for row #1. I also love the hidden Mickey's in the golf scene and seeing Disneyland

ekq1bs.jpg

bhwsg5.jpg

It was hard to believe but it was time to go eat lunch at Coral Reef already. We checked in and got a pager.

1zl50qs.jpg

2mrrzuc.jpg

About 5 minutes later our buzzer rang and we were brought to a table right in front of the aquarium. Last time we ate here we were up at the top tier.

We had a hitchiker at our table (see the kid in red). He came around often to take pictures along with another kid. Actually there were many people including adults who seemed to come stand almost in front of your table to take pictures. I didn't mind next to the aquarium, but the ones who stood in front of your table almost at your table was a little bizzare. We did understand, but it was still just a little strange.

2dtxj4w.jpg

2rzv0o5.jpg

2duxa83.jpg

Bread:

1zv39z4.jpg

The view:

260vclx.jpg

We each got the Lobster Bisque soup - Yummo. Ryan was the only one who thought it was just ok. The rest of us loved it!

Ryan got the Lobster Bisque, kids Mahi Mahi and ice cream sundae. Ryan loved his Mahi Mahi and ice cream. He ate most of the soup, but I don't think it was up his alley. He didn't finish it.

5kee7b.jpg

30ur8fo.jpg

m7ar60.jpg

Taryn got the Lobster Bisque, Meaty pasta and ice cream sundae. Taryn loved the soup and sundae - but hated and only ate 2 bites of the pasta.

mjn13q.jpg

2wppidv.jpg

What she didn't eat:

xnhmvr.jpg

Her dessert:
w1bprm.jpg

Bill got the Blackened Catfish with Cheddar Jack grits. He said it didn't sit right with him, but loved this dish last year.

2zqzaty.jpg

358uic8.jpg

I got the blackened catfish and loved it - although I think it was better last time- it was still tasty this time.

wbfo74.jpg

2v0291t.jpg

On the way to the Living Seas

2i0yhx3.jpg

We looked up and saw this:

2z4fod4.jpg

21abys.jpg

I just love the living seas since they changed it. The old way on the "submarine" took forever and it was really lame. The new "Nemo" theming is awesome.

2cpdxn7.jpg

2cqcghc.jpg

2z7g650.jpg

o7j43o.jpg

These were the coolest light fixtures at Turtle Talk with Crush!

nd3nd1.jpg

348ncd0.jpg

jb2seg.jpg

Once we were done exploring the Living Seas we headed over to Spaceship Earth. We didn't get to go to Disney last year so I was excited to see the changes since the refurbishment. I loved the changes at the beginning and like the interactive stuff, but miss some of the future stuff from the past.

2vd4mc7.jpg

23m6fk2.jpg

rrqbk9.jpg

r23q6q.jpg

eh106f.jpg

29caxjn.jpg

Me and Bill in our Outerspace personalized vacation on Spaceship Earth:

2wr3tdv.jpg

2ex26o4.jpg

k30jvd.jpg

Project Tomorrow

2z6gsg3.jpg

2hdn0wh.jpg

Next we did a little more shopping at Mouse Gears (sorry no pics)

And then headed to Innoventions East and did the entire pavillion.

The kids messing around waiting for Storm Struck:

qyflme.jpg

Playing the Waste Management Recyling game:

t69grm.jpg

105nuvn.jpg

2n0omlc.jpg

Then we headed back to ride Soarin' with our FP's.

1235nnn.jpg

We signed up to do a Kim Possible Mission and could start at 5:15pm or later. We started walking around the countries and Taryn wanted to wait for Pooh. We waited a while and then realized our dinner ADR's at Teppan Edo were in 10 minutes. Here is Bill and Taryn waiting.

2m4vatg.jpg

fu1kqt.jpg

The British Invasion -watching and hearing them while in line for Pooh and the other Pooh characters.

2jb5buc.jpg

Once we realized it was 6:20pm we decided to head to dinner. The characters were on a 5 minute break that was taking forever and we were 2 families away........but we were also starving.

Our walk to Japan:

154iy4l.jpg

2d191le.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter