18 nights, 7 parks, and 1 family -6th full day complete- LIVE 8/6 -8/25

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Welcome to our LIVE trip report:

The crew:

Melanie - Total Disney Nut. I grew up in Vegas and our vacations consisted of lots of Disneyland trips.

Bill - Loves Disney and our vacations BUT refuses to admit he is a Disney Nut!! His first trip was with me in 1995!

Taryn - 17 Loves Disney, but hates my taking pictures. Her first Disney trip was in 1994 to Disneyland. Then in 1995 she took her first WDW trip. I think I have her trained for life now.

Ryan - 11 Loves Disney, and tolerates my picture taking. His first trip was in 1999.

We left Pennsyvlania yesterday on 8/6/09 after I got off work at 3:30pm. When I got in the car, they had an Honest Tea and a bag of Muncho's to snack on. We left a little earlier than we orginally anticipated to get on the other side of Philly and Willmington DE to avoid rush hour. It worked, we got all the way past Washington DC without much traffic and we only hit heavier traffic outside of Washington in Virginia (which is very normal for this area).

It looks like I need to fix the pictures because they are showing 8/5 as a date, and we left yesterday and not Wednesday.

Bill:
2ng4m4m.jpg

Ryan:
20fu52v.jpg

Taryn hiding from the camera:

29xewzl.jpg

We stopped in Virginia and had dinner at Taco Bell.

We had originally hoped we would make it to North Carolina before getting tired around midnight. I'm pleased that we made it to Souuth (original wrote North -just editing- it was South Carolina) Carolina. I think the town was called Dillon. I had fell asleep by the time we stopped at 12:30am, and DH had stopped at a Super 8 Motel. I would not have chosen a super 8, but it served it's purpose and was pretty cheap.

167krr5.jpg

12149c9.jpg

mty1as.jpg

We got up and were on the road by 8:30am. The hotel had a continental breakfast that I really thought was worthless. Bill and Taryn had cereal and Ryan had a couple of tiny donuts. I decided to pass and wait for lunch.

Me and Ryan before we left:

2u5ajv7.jpg

Traffic was great today. We stopped for lunch around 11am at Kentucky Fried Chicken in Georgia. We also stopped and got gas and then got back on the road. Finally we reached the border of Florida. Now the countdown to Disney is on.

2qi372e.jpg

We stopped at the Florida Welcome Center and me and Ryan got some yummy Florida Orange juice.

fz81f4.jpg

2gy20xx.jpg

20f3thj.jpg

Once we got into Orlando, the rush hour traffic was in full swing and was a bit backed up, but it still moved and wasn't too bad. Finally we see the signs to where we need to turn off and then the ever loving WELCOME to WDW arch. We arrived at the at the Pop Century around 4:30pm.

2mn2ec7.jpg

5ppf03.jpg

2e0qtlu.jpg

ok8rjb.jpg

20hro1e.jpg

260xveq.jpg

I had checked in online and faxed the hotel requests for 4th floor or highest floor available, 60's first choice (2nd 50's, 3rd 70's) and lake view with specific room #'s. The guy pulled up my package that was predone with the room circled on it already. I got 3rd floor, 60's, with a lake view in one of the rooms I had suggested. Perfect!!

We went and bought some mugs - we were so thirsty!

We went and parked and Bill unloaded everything on the ground. I had a ton of stuff over my shoulder and in my hands and asked Bill if he could get the rest of the stuff on the ground since the kids were pulling the suitcases. Taryn and I started walking towards the hotel (remember this part later when I discuss the lost and found).

We unloaded everything and went to the Super Walmart that the front desk had given us directions too. The directions were perfect and it was easy to get there. We bought a bunch of plastic hangers, breakfast bars, and some chips.

We went back to the room and unpacked. We then went to the foodcourt and had dinner. We were starved by this time. I'm not a huge fan of the foodcourts, but tonight's dinner was super good. The chicken alfredo and breadstick was super yummy. Bill and I both wished we had gotten our own. The Chicken Ceasar was good too, but the alfredo was just beyond tasty. Ryan loved his, but couldn't finish it all and Taryn liked hers too but left a piece of chicken. Taryn did say the fries were way too salty.

Bill and I split a Chicken Alfredo and a Chicken Caesar Salad:

25s3plz.jpg

Taryn had chicken fingers and fries:

ekhz12.jpg

Ryan had a Chicken Caesar salad:

2quj592.jpg

I had created a scavenger hunt for Pop Century (check it out -there is a link on the first page of the Pop Faq thread). We then broke off in two teams. Bill & Taryn and Me & Ryan and went off and did the scavenger hunt. We set a time limit and met back up at 9pm. We all split a Tie Dye cheesecake and headed back to the room.

Once back I was going to start this report and realized my laptop wasn't in the room. I couldn't find it anywhere. I went to the car and it wasn't there. I looked horrible because I had just taken a shower and my hair was still wet and I didn't get a chance to get my mascara off, so I had some serious racoon eyes going on. I went to the front desk and explained to the same kid who checked me in about my laptop. Even my aircard was in there. Luckily he came back with it - Whew! Bill still says it wasn't his fault, that he didn't leave anything there- but I know I asked him to grab the stuff that was left. How he left without picking everything up I have no idea, but we did have a lot of stuff and it was hot and chaotic. Luckily some nice soul brought it to the front desk!!

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!! We have ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and the Plaza for dinner. See ya real soon :)

Tommorrow, I'll try to download something to change the pictures that are sideways on this computer.

Woo hoo!!! Great start!! Looking forward to more!

Glad you got your computer back!

18 days!! That sounds heavenly. Hopefully it will get you all rested up for your long drive back home too!! Hope you are having a fabulous time at the MK!

Glad you found your laptop. I look forward to reading your report. 18 days phew.

Glad you made the drive safe and sound! So glad someone turned in your laptop.

I can't wait to read about your adventures....as I'm about four weeks behind you for my trip! :thumbsup2

Hey Melanie, I'm so excited to find your trip report. We are going in 3 months, so it is the time to spend endless hours dreaming and planning on the dis, and I'll be looking forward to enjoying your trip with you.

The scavenger hunt sounds so fun. I might have to copy that for our trip.

Can't wait to hear more. Gee, it's about 9 pm, maybe you're watching wishes or spectromagic right now!! Have fun!

Hey everyone!!!

Today was an absolutely perfect fun and tiring day!

I awoke this morning to a horrid bell. Looks like the alarm was set to a bell instead of a buzzer. I hit snooze and then about 5 minutes later Mickey and Stitch were doing the same old wake up call. Seriously, we could use some new wake up calls. But.....I'm at Disney and the MK is calling me.

Getting everyone up was difficult, and it only gets worse as the trip goes on. Finally we were all up, dressed and out the door by around 8:15am.

Here is a view from right outside our door building 4 60's Lake view:

2d0gkmf.jpg

We drove over to the MK and took the tram to the TTC.

2hp7l0w.jpg

We had purchased 3 5 day Military companion tickets and DH had his free Military 5 day pass. The lines were a little long, but we saw one that was just opening and we were in the right place at the right time. This was super easy, he just had to show his military ID and she typed in his name and information and scanned the tickets and we were off.

Taryn is a little freaked out about the monorails after the accident, and was trying to get us not to take it........but we won!!

2z4coeh.jpg

2sbjsys.jpg

2m5jgoz.jpg

When we got to MK we missed rope drop and it looked super crowded. Even Taryn was saying that it looks like it's going to be so crowed, but luckily it was not crowded till the evening and we used FP's to our advantage.

The weather was great too. They had said a 30% chance of rain and there was some sprinkles and very black sky - but unless it rained while we were in the Hall of Presidents it never did anything. It was hot in the morning, but with the overcast sky it wasn't hot. Especially after we had lunch and then before we warmed up we went indoors again. Taryn and I were actually cold the whole afternoon - go figure.

We had very little waits for anything all day. I think that we waited the longest for Mickey's Philharmagic, Buzz and the Indy Cars. We saved all of our fast passes for later in the day because there were no real waits for anything.

We stopped and got a picture on Main Street:

wbb4v9.jpg

And then headed towards Adventurland to get FP's to BTMR & SM, but saw a 0 minute wait for Aladdins Carpet Ride. We decided to hop on since this is always a long loading ride.

2r2ydfq.jpg

20r4n53.jpg

1t7dl2.jpg

Next we got FP's for Splash Mountain. We walked on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with no wait.

123b0gg.jpg

143j2bl.jpg

We walked on Splash Mountain with a 10 minute wait.

wbqu0x.jpg

2113sbo.jpg

bdmh54.jpg

We got FP's for Big Thunder Mountain and then walked towards POTC. We saw Wendy and Peter Pan and got our pictures.

5ezjpf.jpg

b5qsz7.jpg

i77epx.jpg

We rode Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait..........no matter how many times you ride this it's always so much fun!!

25fq97d.jpg

We saw this CM who was signing and he was SO in character. He was great. I don't think I got a picure, but I did get a video. I'll have to post the video on U-tube once I get home.

We walked towards Haunted Mansion and only waited about 2-3 minutes before walking in. Next we headed to the Jungle Cruise. It had a 10 minute wait posted, but we got on the next boat.

jr2vpd.jpg

2my9d88.jpg

2vl0b2o.jpg

15dvp69.jpg

On our way to lunch we got FP's for BTMR again. Our lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern was for 11:35am, but we got there a little early at 11:15am and we were seated about 11:20am.

Bill got the pot roast and he devoured it and said it was so tasty!!

neail3.jpg

Taryn got the kids turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit and a salad. She could not finish the salad and part of the fruit because she was stuffed. She loves turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy. She got extra gravy and said it was really good.

w177fk.jpg

Ryan got the kids mac and cheese, chicken noodle soup and a sundae. He did not like the soup, but did like the mac and cheese and sundae.

vzhhte.jpg

I got the Declaration Salad. OMG - this was such a good salad and I can't believe in all these years I've never tried this. I loved it so much I wish I could get it again. The smoked cheese and all the other ingredients just worked so well together. I highly recommend this salad.

2cfqm1k.jpg

After lunch I was freezing. We were sitting right next to a air duct, and with all the iced tea I drank I was so cold.

We walked to Fantasyland and got FP's for Peter Pan and went in to Mickey's Philharmagic. We had to wait to be let in and I would say we waited 2 shows. Not bad, but our only wait so far.

Goofing off in line:

27yprpt.jpg

Goofing off with the Opra Glasses:

wl9jsi.jpg

2r2n1iu.jpg

Ryan trying to pull the sword out of the stone:

rs6kuq.jpg

Taryn getting Pixie dust:

e6puh2.jpg

Ryan getting Pixie dust:

2vmzxns.jpg

Me getting Pixie dust - and of course Bill is too manly to do it!!

30ic0sp.jpg

Wild Animals:

s4rlh4.jpg

25s3j8j.jpg

bfqt5d.jpg

As we headed to Tomorrowland, we got 2 smoothies. Ryan and I got the cappucino and Bill and Taryn got the Strawberry banana.

2dugiec.jpg

33wm9mv.jpg

Now that we were once again freezing we went on Buzz. It was a 20 minute posted wait, but when we got into the building the line stopped for both the FP and Standby line. Finally it moved again. This was one of our longer waits of the day, but still manageable.

2zi0ajl.jpg

2nhqj4o.jpg

My score:

effcxf.jpg

Taryn's Score:

2n0veoj.jpg

3012dfq.jpg

Next was Stitch, Carousel of Progress with absolutely no wait. We walked right in. We walked into the Laugh floor and only had to wait till the next show started. No matter how many times I see the laugh floor- I laugh super hard, even though the jokes are pretty much the same each time. It's sort of like Turtle Talk with Crush. The technology is just so cool.

Carousel of Progress:

It was starting to rain after this so we headed over to Hall of Presidents. We stopped and got these pictures first.

mwf56p.jpg

11awilh.jpg

After Hall of President's - it didn't look like it had rained even though the sky was very black. The sky looked pretty decent now. We went and got a Pooh FP and rode Peter Pan. Next we rode Splash Mountain and me and Taryn were a little wet, but not too bad.

2304rn.jpg

It was getting close to our 6:30pm dinner ADR's at the Plaza so we took the Train over to Main Street and walked down to the Plaza.

25ioevn.jpg

3146qo2.jpg

Ryan got the kids grilled cheese with tomato soup and a sundae:

vhtcib.jpg

2ng8up0.jpg

2j5nslh.jpg

Taryn got the Cheese Steak and fries- she was much more hungier now than at lunch and ate all of the sandwich. She said it was really good:

2lbcxh.jpg

Bill got the Reuben and fries:

2r3xen7.jpg

I got the Vegetarian Sandwich with Broccoli slaw and a side of chips. I love the chips here but I heard great things about the broccoli slaw and wanted both. Mine was very tasty. Luckily my Veggie sandwich was better than the last time I had it back in March.

ouwcw4.jpg

30dc93q.jpg

After dinner the kids wanted to shop on Main Street. Taryn and I were freezing. I was so cold I seriously contemplated buying a hoodie. I can't believe how cold I have been all afternoon, goosebumps and all. We rode Indy Cars next. Night is the best time to ride them. It's way to hot during the day. Our side went slow, I think the people loading them were slower than the other side.

We then used the rest of our fast passes for Pooh, Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Bill and I wanted to watch wishes and the kids wanted to go back to the hotel. They headed back on a Pop bus while Bill and I watched WISHES and took the monorail and tram back to the car. The kids finished the day at the gift shop in the hotel.

My pictures of WISHES didn't really come out great.

2mxhmdf.jpg

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom. We have ADR's at Yak & Yeti and Jiko. Taryn is balking because she is dying for the hot Italian sandwich at Pizzafari for lunch. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Great trip report and pictures! Keep up the good work! WOW - 18 nights at WDW - I'm so jealous. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and I can't wait to read more about it.

What a great start. I can't believe how uncrowded MK was on an August day. Like your daughter, I also love the Itailian Sandwich at AK, and get it on every trip. ;)

What a beautiful Family!

Loving the live report!

Mrs. Spratt.

PS - please thank your husband for all that he does for our country. We really appreciate it!

The pictures are great. It looks like your family is having a great time. I am jealous 18 days at WDW. WOW

Loving your LIVE report....so much fun to read. Your pics are GREAT....thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to your Jiko report....will be there soon myself. Keep having fun!!:wizard:

Loving the live report!!! Pictures are awesome!!! Can't wait for the next installment!!! Getting so excited, we are staying at POP in alittle over a month! Enjoy your trip!

Great trip report and pictures! Keep up the good work! WOW - 18 nights at WDW - I'm so jealous. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and I can't wait to read more about it.

Thanks - we had another great day!!!

What a great start. I can't believe how uncrowded MK was on an August day. Like your daughter, I also love the Itailian Sandwich at AK, and get it on every trip. ;)

MK yesterday looked scary at first, but thank goodness my strategy usually pays off. DD was whinning this afternoon about not having the sandwich today, lol.

What a beautiful Family!

Loving the live report!

Mrs. Spratt.

PS - please thank your husband for all that he does for our country. We really appreciate it!

Thank you- we are really enjoying this trip since last year we didn't get to go because he was in Afghanistan. We are so happy they had such a great deal for those in the military.

The pictures are great. It looks like your family is having a great time. I am jealous 18 days at WDW. WOW

Thanks - we are having so much fun so far.

Wow! 18 days. What fun. My family will be at the Pop the last of Sept. How is the resort so far???

The resort is great. We love POP. This is our 4th stay so far and it just feels like home. Our kids have always said that even given the chance to stay somewhere else, they would rather stay at POP.

Loving your LIVE report....so much fun to read. Your pics are GREAT....thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to your Jiko report....will be there soon myself. Keep having fun!!:wizard:

Jiko was so good - my tummy is still thanking me!!

Loving the live report!!! Pictures are awesome!!! Can't wait for the next installment!!! Getting so excited, we are staying at POP in alittle over a month! Enjoy your trip!

It will go fast, it seems like yesterday I was waiting for park hours and now we are here.

I have only 25 days until we go, so I love hearing how things are going. I know it will go by fast and will be here before I know it. Reading your live report helps us get super excited! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Ok -this is the 3rd time I'm starting this. I keep accidentally making it disappear.

Sunday August 9, 2009

Today's weather was absolutlely beautiful. No rain in site, although it was hotter than heck!!! Plus AK feels hotter than the other parks anyway! Also another perfect day of no or minimal waits. I really work hard to come up with a plan that minimizes wait. I usually do well on a two week vacation of planning perfectly for most of the trip. 2 years ago, all but one Wednesday at MK was like the last two days have been. We don't do early entry for the most part, we don't do late EMH's either. We don't park hop and we don't go back in the middle of the day. We like to pick a park and stay put ALL day long, except sometimes leave for dinner.

We were out the door by 8:15am this morning. Yesterday we realized that parking in the 50's or 60's parking lot was way too far away, so we parked in front of Classic Hall last night. What a difference! Now we just have to walk past the Hippy Dippy pool and through Classic Hall. As a bonus, we can fill up our mugs both morning and night!!

We arrived at Animal Kingdom and parked in the Unicorn section. We pretty much never take the tram here unless it is waiting to be boarded and no wait. It wasn't waiting so we walked to the entrance. I'm always amazed that this park looks so crowded in the morning. The paths are so narrow that all of the people jam the paths until they reach the different sections and disperse. Finally we were able to head towards Asia and Bill grabbed us FP's for Expedition Everest. Once he had the FP's we rode EE and waited for the front car which only took a few minutes.

Next we went over to Dinoland and rode Primeval Whirl. This was our longest wait of the day, but was only about 15 minutes.

2u9jy9z.jpg

acze6t.jpg

2dl7ywm.jpg

Next we rode Triceratop spin with no wait.

es23k4.jpg

24awcgp.jpg

wi8th3.jpg

102qzac.jpg

14e71nl.jpg

We were hot already, so we walked through the gift shop on the way to Dinosaur. Thank goodness there are a few rides you can get a blast of air conditioning and this is a great one. Inside the ride really gives you a blast of cool air as your being jossled back and forth. A few of these pictures didn't come out the best, but thought I'd include them anyway.

6fd2jp.jpg

qw0n.jpg

11voe9l.jpg

xfvml3.jpg

hwzo6p.jpg

Us messing around in the Dinosaur gift shop:

ru78uh.jpg

Bill went to go get a FP for Kilamajaro Safarai and we told him we would meet him at the gift shop accross from It's tough to be a bug.

Here is a statue the kids and I saw on our way to the gift shop. We also stopped and did a few pin trades.

2r41ic4.jpg

Ryan measured his handprint to a dinosaur's:

28h0xaw.jpg

After we met up with Bill we headed over to It's Tough to be a bug and I almost fell over when I saw that there were FP machines for EE, Dinosaur, Kilamajaro Safari and Kali River Rapids next to ITTBAB!! Bill almost cried that he just went all the way back to Kilamajaro Safari when the machine was right here. I didn't take a picture now, but I did later. Here it is at the end of the day with most of the machines done for the day. The guy I talked to said it was a protype (and I had even thought it might have been when I saw it in the morning). He thinks it will be around to stay because everyone is loving it. I've always said they need to have them at the front of the parks so you wouldn't have to run around the parks and then back to another area. THis is so exciting.

1hp0cy.jpg

It's Tough to be a bug had no wait, we just waited for the show before to let outl. I had to laugh when we had a family cut in front of us. There isn't a line and everyone ends up in the same area together filling in all available space.

xfdloj.jpg

5kj1u9.jpg

1nzjn9.jpg

2el8789.jpg

2czysr6.jpg

6r11nc.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter