C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Just wanted to pass this info along..

They are formulated differently and are less likely to sting your eyes. I like wax sticks, especially the Neutrogena wax stick, I've never had a problem with it and I wear it daily in summer. The Coppertone kids wax stick is OK, but it's too perfumey for my taste.

Wax sunscreen sticks are all we use on our family for eye area, ears and lips. Neutrogena's are fantastic!

Wow! I'd never even heard of wax sunscreen. We usually buy Neutrogena sensitive, but I'm going to look for the wax type for our next trip.

I also suggest wearing your sunscreen a few times before you go.....in case of allergic reaction. My sister tried a new brand on vacation and was in hives for three days and sunburned.

We used Coppertone GEL SUNBOCK sfp 30. It Dries fast and it Doesn't run even on a sweating adult!! What suprised me most is it works to block sun 100x better than creme sunblocks.

With teenagers it helps if you have something NEW.So I also bought the Wal-Greens Spray-on 30spf Sunblock. Wow, it worked great too!! And the girls were eager to spray on the Sunbolck!! Although they complained that it blocked too much sun,they wanted to at least look like they had been on vacation!

I too use the neutrogena wax sunscreen for the faces of my family, but the best advice I have is to apply the sunscreen about 30 mins. BEFORE you get out in the sun and get hot. This way the sunscreen has plenty of time to absorb into your skin. We always do this even at the pool or beach and have never had a problem with sunscreen in the eyes. Hope this helps!!

Karla

Well, my solution is to not put sunscreen on my forehead. I wear a hat I picked up for cheap at Old Navy with a brim all the way around, so it even keeps my ears from frying. So, my forehead is covered, and I can just roll up the hat and shove it in a bag when I go on a wilder ride like Space Mountain. With a baseball cap I'd just bend the brim in funny spots and look goofier than I naturally do.:D

There are lots of alternatives! :) I'm a Mary Kay consultant, so those are the only ones I know. You can get foundation with sunscreen built in, for one :) That's what I usually use in WDW.

Look for the children's or baby sunscreens that say non stinging. you get a lot for your dollar, they have little smell and a high spf.

I can relate to the sunscreen issue. I had the same thing happen before. I've been opting for the baby 45 sunblock since I'm extremely fair skinned. I try to use facial formulated block too. The problem I never anticipated was incredible wind burn. I thought I was pretty good about reapplying sunscreen often until our last trip - Oct 2001. It was our first time at VWL and we took the boat ride several times - never realizing that I could get wind burn on such short hops. Wow! My eyes felt glued in, my face was raw. Didn't expect it at all.

I use Clinique's Sunblock spf 30 on my face. Regular sunscreens/blocks burn my face. Because skin cancer runs in my family I have to wear it everyday. In fact most days I apply it at least 2X a day on my face. I've worn it while jogging & biking and have never had any problems.

After you have applied your sunscreen try brushing a little talc powder over your face. Doing this actually sets some sunscreens, so you may avoid getting it in your eyes.

Whatever you do, don't buy and/or try a new brand on your first day out. I have a son who has eczema, and is extremely bothered by any "Banana Boat" brand of sunscreen, even the babies lotion. I put it on him on the way to the beach once, and he screamed so much I had to immediately put him in the bathtub and wash him. This is not how you want your day to start at Disney!! As a previous poster wrote, I also use Oil of Olay with SPF 15 for everyones face. Don't forget the ears!!

fanofmickey:

I have the same problem with coppertone. Whenever I use any of their sunscreens my skin starts burning.

My daughter has vitilago(no pigment in any of her skin) so needs GREAT sunblock. Goodings sells 70 bock Hawaiin Tropic that is great! She avoids burning the whole two weeks we are there!

My daughter has vitilago(no pigment in any of her skin) so needs GREAT sunblock. Goodings sells 70 bock Hawaiin Tropic that is great! She avoids burning the whole two weeks we are there!

Not only do most screens make my eyes burn but they also make me break-out (comedogenic, i.e. zit-city). Will try some of those suggested here. What has been your experience on the break-out front with these?

Carla

I use Oil of Olay complete moisture lotion with SPF 15 on my face. I don't just wear this for Disney, I use it every day, and I've never had it make me break out or burn my eyes. It's in the skincare section, not with the sunscreens. I use Waterbabies SPF 45 everywhere else (I have fair scandanvian skin that burns in an instant!) I have never gotten a burn at Disney except for little missed spots on my shoulders and maybe a little redness on my nose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter