16 people- 4 families- 8 adults, 8 kids- where would YOU stay? On or off property?

In my opinion your highest priority is a "successful" vacation. Although Renting an offsite vacation home and having everyone share that home would by far the least expensive, I am not so sure it would lead to the most successful vacation. If you rent and share the vacation home would you also share a rent a car?

You can see where I am going with this; two people can't agree on parks, rides, meals, much less 16.

In my opinion, each family should get their own rooms on site, in the same resort. This naturally solves the transportation issues since you would on site transportation. Each family can plan their day and the entire group could plan some meals together, some park days together etc., but still has the option to do their own thing at any time.

We're planning something similar for November 2018. We'll have 12 adults and 3 children. I've narrowed it down to two choices, each having their own list of pros and cons. We almost always stay off site for several reasons, but the most prominent reason is if we don't do it on a tight budget, we can't go at all. We're planning to rent a house/condo for two weeks next year and my extended family will come and go at different times.

Option 1: 7 bedroom house
PROS:
Each family has their own room
Private pool, which is pretty much a necessity for us since our youngest has autism and needs the sensory download without the crowd
Splitting the cost makes it about $200 per family (NICE!)
CONS:
Parking space limited in the driveways
May be too overstimulating for my son
If I book something this big, and then someone cancels, the price goes up for the rest of us

Option 2: Multiple condos that are close together
PROS:
Dave Robinson at vacationrentalsflorida has several Windsor Hills units that are super close together, and some even have private splash pools. We've rented from him before and won't hesitate to do it again.
More parking space
Even more privacy for each family
Won't have to worry about someone eating "your food" LOL
CONS:
If someone decides to join us last minute, it may be hard to find room for them
May cost more per family

We're doing a similar family trip with 14 of us and staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in two 3 bedroom deluxe condos. Once we went condo I could never go back, and the price of WBC vs. a Disney condo, the savings is staggering. Also, the location is like being onsite.

When staying offsite we look no further than Bonnet Creek. You get to drive under the Disney sign and still feel part of the magic. It remains one of the biggest bargains by WDW in our opinion. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter