"16 awesome hidden gems you must expereince at Disneyland"

The only one that I have heard that may not be offered any more is the HM death certificates. The rest I am pretty sure they are all still available

The only one that I have heard that may not be offered any more is the HM death certificates. The rest I am pretty sure they are all still available

That's what I thought!!

Thank you all for your feedback.

I was able to get the Jungle Cruise map back at the start of October, but you had to ask a CM for it and they had to find it. So it's possible that not all CMs know where they are and it's possible that they run out depending on how many folks ask about that day.

I didn't know about the Death Certificate until I got back, but I did a little looking around on-line and that one seems pretty hit or miss. Sometimes you can get one, but it seems like the more common answer for the last few years has been they're out or not available. It can't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if this one is gone, but it's probably not related to list posted on FB.

People were piloting the mark twain and receiving certificates as of last week. I was going to ask but the CM but he already had a few people selected and waiting to board when we got there. (I overheard him telling them about it, they didn't ask him)

Our family was chosen several years ago right after we boarded. We had never heard of being able to do it before so it was a big surprise. The kids really enjoyed it.

iamtabby13 said:
What is a death certificate??

It's a formal document that is given to the next of kin of a loved one that took flash pictures while visiting the haunted mansion.

Another "gem" at Disneyland can be the "Sweeper Train". If you like to stay till park closing, this train the very last train of the night. It goes to all the railroad stations and picks up any remaining guests. It's also nice to see all the lands again before you head home.

Also, during the Holiday season, they have special candy canes at the Candy Palace. CMs hand make a small batch of candy canes on certain days throughout the season. You need to get to DL early to get a wristband if you want to purchase a candy cane, but it's free to watch! Heres a link for more information http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/11/08/dining-in-disneyland-2013-disneyland-candy-cane-dates/

~ Kriss pirate:

I have yet to witness the Musical chairs game at DL, with Alice. I think it is at 2 pm, near the piano player. I have seen YouTube videos of it. Someday!

I also like the little cards they give out at Autopia, I have a few different ones. the CMs give me weird looks when I ask for them, because I usually don't have a child with me :lmao:

Someday I also want to be the SPY on Star Tours, still trying!

I have yet to witness the Musical chairs game at DL, with Alice. I think it is at 2 pm, near the piano player. I have seen YouTube videos of it. Someday! I also like the little cards they give out at Autopia, I have a few different ones. the CMs give me weird looks when I ask for them, because I usually don't have a child with me :lmao: Someday I also want to be the SPY on Star Tours, still trying!

I haven't seen musical chairs yet, either.
I remember when you didn't have to ask for those cards, they were just given. I had the 'winner' card one trip, and got a free Chevron car from the Autopia store. :)
My DS10 has been the rebel spy. He loved it.

Has anyone been able to sit in the DLRR tender seat recently? That would be a dream, my Dad is obsessed with trains and I'd love to surprise him next time he's in DL and put him and my Mom up front. :)

*Not for children*

If you stand at the entrance to Frontierland and look toward Tomorrowland, and focus on the Partners statue of Walt and Mickey, Mickey's nose looks like Walt's...

It's good for a laugh.

Has anyone been able to sit in the DLRR tender seat recently? That would be a dream, my Dad is obsessed with trains and I'd love to surprise him next time he's in DL and put him and my Mom up front. :)

They were doing it two days ago. Said they seat up front every other train so it's often a 40 min wait. Ask at the Main Street station.

Just went to DLR a month ago - Death Certificate: no , CM said they don't do it anymore, piloting the Mark Twain, yes but there were already 2 or 3 people waiting ahead of us and we didn't want to wait the 45 minutes or so. Musical chairs: yes, we didn't experience it but we saw it when we took the double decker bus down Main St, and it was in front of Coke Corner in the area next to the piano player.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter