"16 awesome hidden gems you must expereince at Disneyland"

dizneekrazee

Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time
So, I am sure many of you have seen this article floating around on social medias networks. If not, here is the link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/awesome-hidden-gems-you-must-experience-at-disneyland

Anyhow, a friend of mine posted this on fb, and a friend of hers commented saying he has a family member who works at DLR, and that "he said because of this article they stopped doing the death certificate, jungle cruise maps, people being able to pilot the the mark twain, ride in the train seat and in Walt disneys wife's car. He said the demand was too high so they stopped." Any truth in all that? I had inquired at City Hall on Friday (before reading the article) about riding the Lily Belle. The CM called over, and then just told me it was not running that day. To me, sounds like you can still ride, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if or when these were discontinued, but I know of someone who piloted the Mark Twain in October. It is unfortunate that the sharing of information can lead to the end of some magical moments, but for me, the real magic is the spontaneous actions of CMs (and other visitors) when we weren't even looking for something "extra". That magic is never-ending. :)

I'm not sure if or when these were discontinued, but I know of someone who piloted the Mark Twain in October. It is unfortunate that the sharing of information can lead to the end of some magical moments, but for me, the real magic is the spontaneous actions of CMs (and other visitors) when we weren't even looking for something "extra". That magic is never-ending. :)

Ok, that isn't long ago. Piloting the Riverboat and both DLRR experiences are the 2 I am really interested in hearing about. I would find it odd if they stopped giving out the maps. We rode yesterday and were given Jingle Cruise posters, without asking.

I rode the Lilly Belle on Wednesday. My hubby tried on Friday, but they were not running it that day.

Ok, that isn't long ago. Piloting the Riverboat and both DLRR experiences are the 2 I am really interested in hearing about. I would find it odd if they stopped giving out the maps. We rode yesterday and were given Jingle Cruise posters, without asking.

The posters are part of limited time magic right now. I remember a recent post (last 2 weeks at most) of someone getting a map. So the person that didn't get one in October may have gone on a day they were out of them.

The posters are part of limited time magic right now. I remember a recent post (last 2 weeks at most) of someone getting a map. So the person that didn't get one in October may have gone on a day they were out of them.

Good point. Any idea how long the posters are available?

We got a jungle cruise map today. Didn't know about posters and weren't offered one.

People were piloting the mark twain and receiving certificates as of last week. I was going to ask but the CM but he already had a few people selected and waiting to board when we got there. (I overheard him telling them about it, they didn't ask him)

Two weekends ago, we didn't get JC Maps - they said they were out (again - sounds like they still do offer, just were out on that particular day.)

Where do you get the jingle cruise poster?? I read somewhere that you had to ask for it in one of the shops...

I have seen or done some of these but others I have not. I'm going to have to give some of them a try. Thanks.

Where do you get the jingle cruise poster?? I read somewhere that you had to ask for it in one of the shops...

We got one on Friday. They were handing them out at the JC exit. My daughter went up and asked for one. The CM asked her if she had rode the JC that week. And we had the day before. He then gave her one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter