$150 hotel in San Francisco

MMCD

Mouseketeer
We are flying into SFO airport. We will not rent a car. We will gladly do Public Transportation. We will spend 2 nights in SF but our budget is $150 per night which must include all the taxes.

We arrive around noon. We plan to do Disney Museum after we check in. So hopefully we can arrive at the museum by 3pm. We are hoping to do Alcatrez at night. Then in the next morning, we plan to do a self walking/cable car tour all day. I found a book described SF in a day that we started at 8am and finished at night. Then the next day is a travel day to San Luis Obispo by Amtrak or bus which we will catch at San Jose.

Aside from the $150 limit, I need the hotel to be able to be accessable by cable car, caltrain...

Please advise me. We are 2A/2teens.

TIA!!!

Most hotels in San Francisco should be accesible by public transit and using Priceline, I don't see many over $150 and that is over Easter weekend.

I would suggest using Express deals or hotwire.com for even better savings. With Hotwire.com you used to be able to specify near public transit, I don't know if you still can though.

Travelocity also has a similar program and Orbitz is good. In addition, be sure to use a cash back site (Bigcrumbs, Fatewallet, etc.) to get even more savings.

It might be a little bit less to stay near the airport. There are some reasonable budget hotels around San Bruno that are within walking distance of

However, arriving around noon and public transportation to the Disney Family Museum by 3 is rather ambitious. A cab or car service - you can easily do it, but public transportation is trickier. You'd probably want to take BART to somewhere along Market Street, then MUNI to about Fishermans Wharf. The tough part would be inside the Presidio. They have regular shuttles, but they can be iffy with their schedules on weekends.

You might try booking a hotel close to BART or a Caltrain station. These would be closer to the airport.

http://www.hotels.com/de1725479/hotels-near-san-bruno-station-san-bruno-united-states/

The one I saw really close to the San Bruno BART station is Staybridge Suites. It's next to the post office and it's right at several shopping centers. It might be just under your budget.

http://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotels/us/en/san-bruno/sfobr/hoteldetail

Other than that, San Francisco itself isn't cheap. It really isn't cheap. $150 some days might get you a motel room in an iffy part of town. You could try the opaque sites though, but that's a gamble that you end up in a decent part of town. There are actually some pretty nice hotels that are in otherwise scary neighborhoods at night. I mean the kind of places where vagrants wander about at night and where prostitution and drugs deals are going down. I'm not kidding. I drive past this stuff getting back on the freeway, and I find it important to stay in my car.

Don't rely on cable cars for transportation. Find a hotel near a muni station or on a bus line.

Hi! I love SF, but I haven't been since 2010 :-( we stayed at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway in a room with a city view for right about $150/night. There was a bus line right outside the main entrance and the California Cable Car Line to the side and we used both frequently. The cable line did take longer to use and is more for novelty. The room was nice, older but nice. The night we got in was the Exotic Expo parade and the Giants in the World Series so it was pretty loud, but after that things calmed down a lot.
That trip was also my first time using SFO and our flights in and out were both delayed and as I searched I found out that is a pretty common occurrence due to all the fog. In the past I always flew into Oakland and stayed in hotels there and used the BART system to get back and forth to SF.
I didn't do the Disney Museum but it is definitely on my list for next time :-)

$150 a night should not be hard to do at all. I don't know that you can still find a city view at that rate, but I bet you can, especially if you use an online group. Good luck!

Last year we landed the Omni San Francisco for about $160. Very nice hotel, great location, and easy access to transportation. Although, we pretty much just walked everywhere...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter