• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

15 July flights for £370 - Virgin Atlantic

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
Just booked flights for 15 July to 29 July. Other return dates are available but seems that outbound date must be 15 July.

It's not ideal on the way out: you have to fly from Shannon (Ireland) to Manchester then get the direct VA flight to MCO.

Inbound it's MCO to London Gatwick (or Manchester) and you can just discard the onward flight to Shannon.

I'm planning to drive to Gatwick and get a flight to Shannon, then at least the car will be at Gatwick ready for our return.

Available at www.eflights.ie

So happy to be booked :)

Great price. :thumbsup2 Absolutely crazy though that it's almost 3 times the price to fly from Manchester on these dates than it is to do the extra leg to and from Shannon! Only one wee question - will your luggage not be put straight through to Shannon on the way back? If we go with Delta/KLM from Glasgow via Schiphol luggage is checked straight through in both directions. :confused:

Mrs TT

Great price. :thumbsup2 Absolutely crazy though that it's almost 3 times the price to fly from Manchester on these dates than it is to do the extra leg to and from Shannon! Only one wee question - will your luggage not be put straight through to Shannon on the way back? If we go with Delta/KLM from Glasgow via Schiphol luggage is checked straight through in both directions. :confused:

Mrs TT
The flight back to Shannon is from LHR and requires you to collect luggage upon landing at LGW and make your own way to LHR. So it's all good :)

It's a great price. I've only used direct flights before.

Just wondered what would happen if you didn't checkin for 1st flight and checked in for 2nd, would it cause problems. Presumably you would receive e tickets for 4 flights.

Has anyone done this.

It's a great price. I've only used direct flights before.

Just wondered what would happen if you didn't checkin for 1st flight and checked in for 2nd, would it cause problems. Presumably you would receive e tickets for 4 flights.

Has anyone done this.
Big long thread over on the DIBB about this. You can't board the Manchester to MCO flight unless you've checked-in and travelled from Shannon to Manchester first.

EDITED TO ADD: Apparently, the reason for this is that flights originating from Ireland have much lower taxes.

As said there is a very long thread on Dibb about this, its been going a few weeks now, many have been booking August flights, mostly PE for around £600-700, or Upper class for around £1,000. All cheaper than economy from MAN or GAT.

Julie, if you don't turn up for your first flight your whole itinery is cancelled with no refund. The only leg you can cancel is the last leg.

Tony, some have opted to do the London route and change airports back to Ireland so they can collect their luggage at Gatwick and go home. Others are returning via Manchester, they have been doing Live Chat with VA online and getting written confirmation they can ask at MCO checkin for luggage to only be checked thru to Manchester. Apparently its something you can do because if you didn't get on the last flight from Mancheter to Ireland they would have to unload your luggage anyway so they will do it if you ask.

Can I ask if anyone has booked economy what happens is the flights are overbooked with virgin when leaving mco, would virgin find them an alternative flight back to their final destination, e.g cork/Shannon. Therefore it it make it difficult to get back to Manchester/London? I know those booking premium economy wouldn't have that problem. I am hesitant booking the economy flights if there is a likelihood that this could happen.

Can I ask if anyone has booked economy what happens is the flights are overbooked with virgin when leaving mco, would virgin find them an alternative flight back to their final destination, e.g cork/Shannon. Therefore it it make it difficult to get back to Manchester/London? I know those booking premium economy wouldn't have that problem. I am hesitant booking the economy flights if there is a likelihood that this could happen.

Never thought that deep into booking a flight myself. I just expect it to goto plan. Never been affected by an overbooked flight in around 150 trip abroad. If its something thats going to worry you and spoil your holiday then maybe the options isn't for you.

Flights that are overbooked usually as for volunteers to be "bumped". These passengers are rerouted and usually given a very generous compensation for their troubles. If you have a few days spare when you're travelling, being bumped can really, really pay off for you. Hence, there are often many volunteers leaving those with firm plans to take the original flight.

That said, the airline are only obliged to get you to your destination. Ploy gave to decide if the savings and small likelihood of overbooking and being bumped make this worthwhile for you. For the cost of a flight from Ireland if I were unlucky enough to be removed from the original flight, I'd gamble on this one. As Wayne said, you would be very unlucky...

I only worry about getting to Orlando in time. If I get offered to be bumped for the flight back home, I would always take it. :lmao: I've had great compensation for volunteering to wait 24 hours with other destinations in the past and I wouldn't hesitate

I've flown economy Virgin into and out of MCO many times and never had a problem. That of course doesn't make it a certainty but I personally wouldn't worry. Have had horrible times with British Airways but never with Virgin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter