$15 gift card to Rainforest Cafe for $7.50, half off

Thanks for posting that. I wasn't planning on going to the Rain Forest Cafe for our fall trip, but now we will. Yay! :thumbsup2

Glad some people are able to take advantage.

Reminder the offer is going to be gone in under 10 hours if anyone else is interested.

Seven of us are going in November and I had planned on doing Rainforest Cafe for the kids. All three adults in our party (my mom, my neice and myself) bought one of these.

With the gift cards and the coupons I have for $0.99 kids meals this meal just got a lot cheaper :thumbsup2

Can someone help me understand the fine print? You are sent a voucher that has to be redeemed before they mail a gift card? How do you redeem the voucher?

Thanks.

Can someone help me understand the fine print? You are sent a voucher that has to be redeemed before they mail a gift card? How do you redeem the voucher?

Thanks.

It says there will be step-by-step instructions on how to redeem the voucher on the voucher itself.

I just went to the website to see if my voucher was ready and I noticed they seemed to have extended the offer. It now says it has over 5 days left for people to purchase.

This would be a great deal. $7.50 for a meal. Then the Free appetizer coupon and then I printed off a goal sheet for DD to get a Kid's Meal for $0.99. She's learning to use the potty so this is another good goal chart (she tells me she has to "use potty beeefore Dizzyland... no diapers at Dizzyland??" So far, Dizzyland is working out great for potty training. :rotfl:

One question, I've only been to the Rainforest Cafe once, about 20 years ago and it was in Florida. I don't remember a thing about our meal. Is the food good. If I remember the one in Florida had some pretty fun surroundings, but a little noisy. Just wondering what people thought of the DLR one.

Eh. The food is OK. Nothing to write home about. We usually go because my daughter loves it. :)

Eh. The food is OK. Nothing to write home about. We usually go because my daughter loves it. :)

Oh, not a good sign. Maybe that's why I don't recall the food from so long ago. :laughing: Worth going to all this trouble then? Or, should I just save the money and use it for a meal in DL?

Oh, not a good sign. Maybe that's why I don't recall the food from so long ago. :laughing: Worth going to all this trouble then? Or, should I just save the money and use it for a meal in DL?

I think it's worth it if you have kids. My girls love the atmosphere. The food is...ok. Not horrible, but (as flamegirl said) nothing to write home about. If we didn't go for the atmosphere, we wouldn't go at all. That being said, the rest of the adults my group got a tomato-based soup last time that they all really liked. So, I may try that next time (I just ate about half of the free appetizer that we get with the Safari Club membership last time and that was plenty for me. I think we got quesadillas...hmm, not memorable).

It's worth it for us because we are going anyway. If we weren't, I doubt I'd get the coupon for a special trip. The food isn't terrible, it's just very mediocre. My daughter is an animal freak, so she loves it. We go once every trip. If you have little ones, they will almost certainly love it. Just don't go expecting some culinary marvel. :)

Thanks Skiingfast!! With the coupon we found for a free appetizer on the coupon thread post# 209 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301312&page=15) and now this we are definitly going to to Rainforest Cafe next month.

Can these be combined? I think that'd be a lot of savings. DBF's never been and I'd like to take him I just remember the food being pricey-ish for the quality. It's ok food and we enjoyed the experience, but the ones in Canada inflate their prices to compensate for the exchange rate (the old one, not the current one). :rotfl:

Well, I went ahead and got the giftcards. After looking at the restaurant, I think DD would have a good time eating here. I guess I'll go knowing not to expect masterful cuisine :lmao: and then I might be pleasantly surprised.

But either way, I supposed a meal under $20 for 3 people at DLR is quite the deal. Now it's just hoping that all of the offer will be accepted at the same time... the free app's + $0.99 kids meal. I don't think there will be a problem using the gift card, hopefully.

Thanks for the tip on the cheap eats offer. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter