145 Middle Schoolers: Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???DeParting-Such Sweet Sorrow p. 76

I get why you are calling Hollywood Studios “MGM”. Habits are hard to break. Heck, even some of Disney’s maps and brochures still have references to MGM.

I have less tolerance for people who call the Magic Kingdom “Disney”. Today we went to EPCOT and tomorrow we are going to Disney.

But I could not believe all of the adults on this trip who said we were going to “Wild Kingdom”. Yes, I watched the Mutual of Omaha show faithfully. But Marlin Perkins passed away in 1986. It’s ANIMAL KINGDOM, people!

Now this is one alllllllll of us here can relate to. Not understanding the ticketing, OK. Even we get confused sometime. But MK will always be MK and Wild Kingdom NEVER existed.

On the way to the bus, I caught up with my son who was walking with a friend of his, and told Nate at some point during the day I would like a picture of the two of us together. He scowled, looked at me and said “No”. I answered to him that I’m serious, I want one picture of the two of us from this trip.

Can't wait to hear how this turned out. I got an idea but will wait for an answer!

Keep em coming!

I guess I can understand how someone who hasn't been that many times would be confused about the tickets. The first few times the kids went to Disney we had paper tickets. Then when we stayed on property we had key cards w/ tickets included. The kids kept asking where are our tickets??
But for someone to be arguing with you after you explained it to him- I would have no tolerance for that!!!!

Nate not wanting to take a pic w/ you??!! Sounds so very familiar!:headache:
When we were in NH, DH took a pic of me and the boys at one of the lookouts on the Kangamangus Hwy. (I have one from every yr.) Well DS11 is leaning against me like he wants to be there and there's a big gap in between DS15 and me.:sad2:

Love the early morning pics!

I have an interview today!! I am SO nervous!

My son's principal emailed me this morning saying she has a paraprofessional (assistant) position if I was interested. Well yeah I am IF I don't get a teaching position!!! I emailed her back to let her know I'm still waiting on a couple of jobs and when does she need my answer? Good thing is she knows my situation so she totally understands. BUT I'm sure she needs to make a decision too and SOON!

Well, I for one am glad you are forgoing the pictures since I can't see them now anyway. :headache:

Too funny about the dad who wanted to get everyone FPs. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. Right? :rolleyes1

How many hours of sleep did you get? 4, maybe? :faint:

Even if I could see your pictures, thank you for NOT posting the washer and the driers. :rotfl: I see enough of my own - thank you very much!

Fun update!

Now this is one alllllllll of us here can relate to. Not understanding the ticketing, OK. Even we get confused sometime. But MK will always be MK and Wild Kingdom NEVER existed.

Picture request for Nate:

Can't wait to hear how this turned out. I got an idea but will wait for an answer!

Keep em coming!

I figured I could share my annoyance at misnaming the parks with all of you and I would get sympathy!

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on the picture story. Let's just say that the episode prompts the chapter "A Teen Reduces Me To Tears" and I will further divulge that it is not MY child that gets the waterworks started.

I guess I can understand how someone who hasn't been that many times would be confused about the tickets. The first few times the kids went to Disney we had paper tickets. Then when we stayed on property we had key cards w/ tickets included. The kids kept asking where are our tickets??
But for someone to be arguing with you after you explained it to him- I would have no tolerance for that!!!!

Nate not wanting to take a pic w/ you??!! Sounds so very familiar!:headache:
When we were in NH, DH took a pic of me and the boys at one of the lookouts on the Kangamangus Hwy. (I have one from every yr.) Well DS11 is leaning against me like he wants to be there and there's a big gap in between DS15 and me.:sad2:

Love the early morning pics!

I have an interview today!! I am SO nervous!

My son's principal emailed me this morning saying she has a paraprofessional (assistant) position if I was interested. Well yeah I am IF I don't get a teaching position!!! I emailed her back to let her know I'm still waiting on a couple of jobs and when does she need my answer? Good thing is she knows my situation so she totally understands. BUT I'm sure she needs to make a decision too and SOON!

First off- good luck with the interview!!! I'm glad that your son's principal understands your situation and you can be honest with her. Hope everything falls into place for you!!!

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the guy arguing with me. I was almost tempted to let him go ahead and see for himself that it wasn't going to work, but it didn't come to that!

Of course, I had another mini-argument later that day with him about how the buses work...

Isn't it fun having to beg and plead and negotiate just to get pictures of your kids!?! Of course, there is also the Year of the Tounge-every single picture has one or both of my boys sticking out their tounges during famiy pictures.

Well, I for one am glad you are forgoing the pictures since I can't see them now anyway. :headache:

Too funny about the dad who wanted to get everyone FPs. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. Right? :rolleyes1

How many hours of sleep did you get? 4, maybe? :faint:

Even if I could see your pictures, thank you for NOT posting the washer and the driers. :rotfl: I see enough of my own - thank you very much!

Fun update!

Maybe 4 and a half hours sleep. As the day unfolds, we will see what happens when the late nights and early mornings build up over a few days.

Are you familiar with meltdowns? :rotfl2:

Well, if you don't want to see the washer/dryer pictures I suppose I shouldn't bother posting pictures of the safe and iron/ironing board either?

It's good to hear that the plans to visit Wild Kingdom weren't foiled by the thunderstorms. Oops, I mean Animal Kingdom. :rotfl:

Do you really need visuals for Bad Bad Chaperone? But I promise my upcoming chapters will include lots and lots of photos

You are fogiven. Would not really have wanted to see the actual anyway, my imagination did just fine thankyou.

So the night before, one of the dads suggested letting everyone sleep in, and since it was EMH, he would take all of the room keys to the park and get FPs for everyone, then we could meet him there.

Dude- that’s not going to work.

Why not?

1) Everyone needs to enter the park in order to activate the tickets to be valid for FP

2) We can’t get FP with our room keys – remember we have paper tickets and those are our park admissions and FP passes. He had a lot of trouble believing that the room keys wouldn’t work because his friend told him on past trips to Disney he used the room keys to get FP. I told him that sometimes a room key has the tickets attached to it, but sometimes a room key is just a room key. Which was the case here, with the paper tickets. Maybe we could add the tickets to the room key, and then use the room keys to get FP, but it still wouldn’t work. (See Point 1 above)

3) I’m not handing over my room key

4) Fortunately, it turned out to be a normal opening at 9 am, so there was no need to make any special plans, or to continue arguing about what would and wouldn’t work.

I have to tell you...I did that once, completely not thinking that they wouldn't work. And guess what? Magic CM pulled them for me anyways. So it did work. I was desperate too, TSM on one the last days before it went down for refurb during our trip and 2 kids, that weren't with me at the moment, who had never been on it!

And if you would indulge me in allowing a small rant before I get into describing the morning.

I get why you are calling Hollywood Studios “MGM”. Habits are hard to break. Heck, even some of Disney’s maps and brochures still have references to MGM.

I have less tolerance for people who call the Magic Kingdom “Disney”. Today we went to EPCOT and tomorrow we are going to Disney.

But I could not believe all of the adults on this trip who said we were going to “Wild Kingdom”. Yes, I watched the Mutual of Omaha show faithfully. But Marlin Perkins passed away in 1986. It’s ANIMAL KINGDOM, people!

Thank you for that coffee spewing moment.

Jeff calls it that occasionally. I think it's a mental block for folks of a certain age. He KNOWS better. And does it anyway.

On the way to the bus, I caught up with my son who was walking with a friend of his, and told Nate at some point during the day I would like a picture of the two of us together. He scowled, looked at me and said “No”. I answered to him that I’m serious, I want one picture of the two of us from this trip.
I really hope you got your way! Reminds me of the mom on my flight out. You WILL let me take pictures. LOL!

:cool1: that the rain stopped.

It's good to hear that the plans to visit Wild Kingdom weren't foiled by the thunderstorms. Oops, I mean Animal Kingdom. :rotfl:

Not you, too!!!

I could NOT believe how quickly the storm passed, allowing us to get to the park almost at opening. I truly thought the morning was going to be a washout.

You are fogiven. Would not really have wanted to see the actual anyway, my imagination did just fine thankyou.

That's what I thought! I take pictures of lots and lots of things, but sometimes even I know there are lines you shouldn't cross!

I have to tell you...I did that once, completely not thinking that they wouldn't work. And guess what? Magic CM pulled them for me anyways. So it did work. I was desperate too, TSM on one the last days before it went down for refurb during our trip and 2 kids, that weren't with me at the moment, who had never been on it!

Thank you for that coffee spewing moment. (being anal about park names)

Jeff calls it that occasionally. I think it's a mental block for folks of a certain age. He KNOWS better. And does it anyway.

I really hope you got your way! Reminds me of the mom on my flight out. You WILL let me take pictures. LOL!

:cool1: that the rain stopped.

I remember that from your trip report!!! You were very very lucky and I don't think we would have had that same experience.

I actually need to cut my fellow chaperones some slack on Wild Kingdom- our local zoo, in York Maine is York's Wild Animal Kingdom, so I can see where my local peeps could be confused about the name.

Jeff, on the other hand... ;)

Well, I did post a picture of Nate and me in the intro post... so all signs point to yes. But the details are not pretty.

We really lucked out on the weather. That morning.

I'm okay with no pictures of the bad chaperone, but I do hope we get to see a picture of you and the reluctant teen. ;)

Today I struggled to get pics of the 5yr old:sad2:
1st day of P2-new shoes, trousers without holes in the knees, matching socks and jumper that has no paint stains! You know how it goes-the only day of the school year that everything is pristine:lmao:
Dear help me when he's 14! Mind you I blame his older brother for influencing him:rotfl2:

Glad you made it to AK and waiting with baited breathe to hear who/what made you shed tears!

Happy to hear Q was forgiving (see even smelly, unwashed teens have their good points:rotfl:).

I'm okay with no pictures of the bad chaperone, but I do hope we get to see a picture of you and the reluctant teen. ;)

What kind of Trip Report would it be without a picture of me and my cooperative son?

Today I struggled to get pics of the 5yr old:sad2:
1st day of P2-new shoes, trousers without holes in the knees, matching socks and jumper that has no paint stains! You know how it goes-the only day of the school year that everything is pristine:lmao:
Dear help me when he's 14! Mind you I blame his older brother for influencing him:rotfl2:

Glad you made it to AK and waiting with baited breathe to hear who/what made you shed tears!

Happy to hear Q was forgiving (see even smelly, unwashed teens have their good points:rotfl:).

It certainly starts early, doesn't it? I hope you got the picture(s)!

The chapter with the tears is a few updates away, but it is already written. I did that a week or so after I returned from the trip. You know how they say it is very theraputic to write about something that is bothering you...

How's that for a teaser?

I know what you mean about going to "Disney"! That drives me bonkers too!

I also hate when I'm trying to explain something (like not being able to get FPs with non-activated tickets) and no matter how hard I try, the other person doesn't get it! Outside of the DIS, I don't often like to show my crazy-Disney-fanatic side... but sometimes there's just no other way!

Not you, too!!!

I remember that from your trip report!!! You were very very lucky and I don't think we would have had that same experience.

I actually need to cut my fellow chaperones some slack on Wild Kingdom- our local zoo, in York Maine is York's Wild Animal Kingdom, so I can see where my local peeps could be confused about the name.

Jeff, on the other hand... ;)

Well, I did post a picture of Nate and me in the intro post... so all signs point to yes. But the details are not pretty.

We really lucked out on the weather. That morning.

I can't wait for the details on the photo force!

My biggest peeve is "Harry Potter World"

IT'S NOT CALLED THAT!

:lmao:

Nor it is just called Harry Potter.

Ok, is it a ridiculously long name? Yes but really, it's the name! Use it!

Rant over.

Well Dee today is my last chance at a teaching position for this coming school yr. I should get a call sometime this afternoon. If I don't get it, I was offered a para job at my son's old elementary school. Obviously it's not what i want but at least it's a job. I'll probably be able to get a teaching position in the system a little easier next yr. too.
I'm trying really hard to convince myself that it's ok to take this position. It's like taking a gigantic leap backwards. (I've been teaching for 15 yrs.)
I just need to suck it up!!! lol

Well Dee today is my last chance at a teaching position for this coming school yr. I should get a call sometime this afternoon. If I don't get it, I was offered a para job at my son's old elementary school. Obviously it's not what i want but at least it's a job. I'll probably be able to get a teaching position in the system a little easier next yr. too.
I'm trying really hard to convince myself that it's ok to take this position. It's like taking a gigantic leap backwards. (I've been teaching for 15 yrs.)
I just need to suck it up!!! lol

I am sending you good wishes and pixie dust hoping you get the teaching job. If you don't being a Para is ok. It gets you back in the system, and that's a good place to be. I know people who subbed in the system for a lengthy period of time because it got them back in the system. Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed. Penny:wizard:

I am sending you good wishes and pixie dust hoping you get the teaching job. If you don't being a Para is ok. It gets you back in the system, and that's a good place to be. I know people who subbed in the system for a lengthy period of time because it got them back in the system. Good luck, I will keep my fingers crossed. Penny:wizard:

Thanks!!!:goodvibes
I just need to be extremely grateful that she ofered it to me. She knows my situation and I think she can help me next in that school or another one in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter