14 Day Trip Plans

rosieposie3

Earning My Ears
Hi all. I'm planning our April/May trip. It's our first visit. 2 adults. I know it's early but I just made our park reservations. Would be nice if park hopping was available again by then though. I know it's likely we won't get to a park every single day but i figured I had nothing to lose having a reservation just in case. I think we will definitely have to slot in rest days I'm just not sure what frequency we will need them to be at. Would love feedback on our plans.

Day 1 - Arrive in the evening. Check in to hotel (We're staying offsite). Get dinner and groceries (breakfast stuff and snacks)
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom (Might make a reservation for breakfast at Chef Mickeys?)
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios (Planning to go to the park early, ideally get ROTR boarding pass, leave park early in the afternoon and go shopping)
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom (would like to swap this for a water park hopefully if they open as scheduled)
Day 7 - Epcot
Day 8 - Magic Kingdom
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom (thinking it might be wise to swap this for Hollywood Studios)
Day 10 - Epcot
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 12 - Hollywood Studios
Day 13 - Magic Kingdom
Day 14 - Epcot (Planning to make a dinner reservation for Disney Springs)
Day 15 - Departure day. Leaving around midday.

2 thoughts I have... That's a lot of MK days so hopefully water parks open and I'd swap the one for HS. I also personally would not do 2 days of AK in a row. I love AK but I'd want to spread it out in the trip. AK is just a more relaxed day for us so it's a semi-break.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!

If this is your first trip to WDW, you will definitely want rest days. 14 days non-stop is impossible on the feet and in the heat. I wouldn't go any more than 3 park days in a row without a rest day. That would mean you'd ideally plan a rest day for Day 5, Day 9 and Day 12. Or, if you only want to do 2 rest days - do them on days 6 and 11.

Sleep in, laze around the pool, nap.

That would leave you 10 full park days - more than enough for a 1st timer. I would do 3 at Magic Kingdom, 2 at Epcot, 2 at Animal Kingdom, 2 at Hollywood Studios and 1 at a waterpark. And I agree with PP to break your days up at each park throughout the trip so you're not at one 2 days in a row.

The 6 days you have scheduled at Magic Kingdom is likely too much...

Thank you for the suggestions. I think every fourth day being a rest day sounds good. We're weary about the heat as we don't live in a hot area so I'd say we will need the breaks. We have a 14 day park ticket so I just booked a park for every single day but will definitely revise our choices.

Yeah, that's a lot of MK days, and park days in general (honestly, each park can be covered in two days easily). I'd replace at least one of the MK days with maybe something like a resort-hopping day.

I'm usually there around 12 days, and I never have a full rest day. I have park mornings and park evenings, but I would be bored in my room all day. I might feel differently if I didn't have an AP, but think about your style of traveling. Everyone is different.

I agree - that's a lot of park days. I would try to go to both waterparks (not on the same day lol). Such a fun and relaxing break from the parks! You can hit mini-golf on a waterpark day, super fun! Resort hopping is also a fun way to ride all the transportation available (monorail, skyliner, boats). Maybe schedule dinner at a resort you want to see. I also would not do 2 AK days in a row - spread them out so you don't get bored. Don't forget Disney Springs - lots of fun shopping!

Last edited:

Our Disney trips are typically between 10 and 16 days. We usually do two to three parks days and then a day that we sleep in and go to Disney Springs for the evening or resort hop. I'd suggest that you work some time at Disney Springs into the schedule. It's not just for shopping but there's also some cool things to see and great places to dine.

Hi all. I'm planning our April/May trip. It's our first visit. 2 adults. I know it's early but I just made our park reservations. Would be nice if park hopping was available again by then though. I know it's likely we won't get to a park every single day but i figured I had nothing to lose having a reservation just in case. I think we will definitely have to slot in rest days I'm just not sure what frequency we will need them to be at. Would love feedback on our plans.

Day 1 - Arrive in the evening. Check in to hotel (We're staying offsite). Get dinner and groceries (breakfast stuff and snacks)
Day 3 - Hollywood Studios (Planning to go to the park early, ideally get ROTR boarding pass, leave park early in the afternoon and go shopping)
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom (would like to swap this for a water park hopefully if they open as scheduled)
Day 7 - Epcot
Day 8 - Magic Kingdom
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom (thinking it might be wise to swap this for Hollywood Studios)
Day 10 - Epcot
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 13 - Magic Kingdom

YMMV, but DW and I find we enjoy our WDW trips more if we have a rest day at least every 3 park days (honestly, as we get older every 2 days is OK). So if we were going to the park on Day 2 in your scenario we'd have rest days on Day 5, Day 9 and Day 12.

Last edited:
I would do more days at Hollywood Studios, it's so much fun. I would check out the price difference if you stay back. Usually the more days the cheaper to add on a day. Then you could go to a park at night. Have you looked at price cost of annual pass vs. 14 day if buy. Also have you thought of Universal Studios, Harry Potter. You could do that a couple days. They have a great deal now you buy 2 get 5 days. Anyway that's some more options for you. Just remember the more days you buy it gets less for each day you add at Disney. Also construction could be done at Epcot? Not sure of that date. Ratatouille & Guardians may be open?

Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 7 - Epcot
Day 8 - Magic Kingdom
Day 10 - Epcot
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 13 - Magic Kingdom

That's a ton of consecutive days in the parks. Have you considered just chillin' at the resort at all? I'm a different soul, on a trip that long, I'd be at WDW, Sea World, Universal, Lego Land, Gator Land, Crayola, lol....

Have fun, I'm jealous

The most we have ever done is 11 days with no days off. We were younger and our kids were 8&9 but still, if we got tired we left early and did some resort hopping or just relax by the pool. I would keep the park passes and do a park every day and just leave early if you tire out. Or just sleep in and go in later. I think there is very little difference cost wise from a 9 to a 12 day park pass. For your first time, there is so much to do and see. Take it all in while you can.

Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 7 - Epcot
Day 8 - Magic Kingdom
Day 10 - Epcot
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom
Day 13 - Magic Kingdom
Considering that you're two adults, I'd make the following changes:
- Less Magic Kingdom. Yes, it's the flagship park, and it's wonderful -- but two adults in a moderate-crowd time /using Fast Passes wisely can do all you'll want to do in two days -- a lot of it twice -- three days would allow you some lengthy, special meals AND maybe one of the special tours. Five days is really overkill.
- More EPCOT. Epcot is kinda two parks in one. It's also full of great places to eat.
- Two adults can "do it all" Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios in 1.5 - 2 days in each park.
- Have you picked fireworks, parades, etc. -- and are these park days coordinated with those plans?
- If fireworks are late, consider making the next day a "rest day" so you can sleep in.
- You haven't added in any of the great things to do at the resorts.
- Agree that a "rest day" every couple days is a good idea. Sleep in, plan a good meal at a resort or Disney Springs (which require no ticket).
- Water parks are good for "rest days". Sleep in, hit the water park, and still finish up mid-afternoon. Leaves you time for a good non-park meal.
- Overall, I'd give up some park days -- and add in some special tours; for example, a meal with an animal keeper at Animal Kingdom Lodge or an art tour at several resorts.
- I don't think two adults are going to love Chef Mickey's. Better meals are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter