14 Day Solo Man v Disney - It Was Awesome

Fandomlife

Earning My Ears
I've just found this forum and I didn't know it existed. I've been trip reporting my solo trip on another thread:-

https://www.disboards.com/threads/solo-disney-world-trip-september-2016.3558107/

I did vlog the whole experience: https://www.youtube.com/Fandomlifenet

Anyway, I just want to say after a terrible start, due to customes being suspect of me due to me being solo and booking the holiday a few months before I left, it all turned out fantastic.

It's great that there is a forum for this stuff. Has anyone else done a 14-day solo trip?

Not a 14 day, but just got back from a two day. I would imagine 14 days would be a blast. I got to do Blizzard Beach and SeaWorld during my stay. Going back for the Halloween Party and Food Festival around September or October. I do recommend SeaWorld if you have time in your schedule. Nice way to spend a day.

I went to Disney World a lot during 1998 - 2007, this was my first return.

I went to Universal. I didn't go to Sea World this time.

Looking to go back but it may be woth my newphew. Want to hit some of the places I didn't go, Universal Horror Nights, etc.

Not 14-day, but I'm taking a 10-day in November so I can hit both the Halloween and Christmas parties! Sorry about customs, my German friends hate visiting because they get GRILLED!

Not 14-day, but I'm taking a 10-day in November so I can hit both the Halloween and Christmas parties! Sorry about customs, my German friends hate visiting because they get GRILLED!

My next trips are September/October and December(alongside a Bahamas cruise). I am definitely hitting the Halloween party but am undecided on the Christmas, given the December tickets are $95 and another day added to my ticket would be $80.

My next trips are September/October and December(alongside a Bahamas cruise). I am definitely hitting the Halloween party but am undecided on the Christmas, given the December tickets are $95 and another day added to my ticket would be $80.

This will be my first Christmas party..I've heard mixed reviews on how "worth it" it is, but I love Christmas, so I'm giving it a try. At least I got an AP discount on that one, the Nov 1st Halloween party is full price!

This will be my first Christmas party..I've heard mixed reviews on how "worth it" it is, but I love Christmas, so I'm giving it a try. At least I got an AP discount on that one, the Nov 1st Halloween party is full price!

I am ambivalent about Christmas, being a little more Uncle Scrooge than Christmas Mickey, but it isn't only my decision. My dates abroad happen to be close to the parties, so it may be worth the add on. I also checked with a friend who works for Disney(who was also a cast member selected to preview Pandora) so I asked her. I am definitely going to the Halloween party and Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Do you feel the AP is worth the money in the end?

I am ambivalent about Christmas, being a little more Uncle Scrooge than Christmas Mickey, but it isn't only my decision. My dates abroad happen to be close to the parties, so it may be worth the add on. I also checked with a friend who works for Disney(who was also a cast member selected to preview Pandora) so I asked her. I am definitely going to the Halloween party and Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Do you feel the AP is worth the money in the end?

I believe the general rule is if you're buying 10 or more Park days in a year, it's worth it. I always do parkhoppers, so that's an added cost to my bill, so when I did the calculations, the AP basically pays for itself in one trip for me. That's not even taking into account the discounts you get with it. I'm going for 5 days in about 2 weeks with a pretty good room discount. I'm hoping they'll eventually release one for my November trip.

I believe the general rule is if you're buying 10 or more Park days in a year, it's worth it. I always do parkhoppers, so that's an added cost to my bill, so when I did the calculations, the AP basically pays for itself in one trip for me. That's not even taking into account the discounts you get with it. I'm going for 5 days in about 2 weeks with a pretty good room discount. I'm hoping they'll eventually release one for my November trip.

I tend to take off and do two or three day trips. Of course, living outside of Florida doesn't help with calculations. I currently have a Busch Gardens Platinum Pass, but like SeaWorld better than my home park. I am thinking about switch an annual pass to Disney or Universal and then buying a Fun Card for SeaWorld and Aquatica.

Will you be returning for another solo trip, Fandomlife? And if so, is there anything you'd change about your time there or even your planning beforehand? Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences!

I'm planning a two week trip in the fall this year. My longest solo trip yet. Glad to hear you had such a good time. I'll have to put you vlogs in my queue.

I bought AP for the first time last year and what it did is make me think that I had to go to FL more often to maximize usage--not that I mind of course:tongue:. Is the AP worth it? Definitely, if you think you will meet the breakeven point--the pp said 10 days--i believe its something like that and I'm sure somewhere on this site is a full discussion of pros and cons of the AP. Since I bought last year and went 8 days last December, 3 days earlier this month, am now considering 10 days in September and a week again in December, it was well worth it.

I have been slowly watching all your vlogs. Very enjoyable! I wish I had the nerve to turn my camera on myself and do this.

@Fandomlife - I watched your first vlogs tonight & they are very good! Kudos to you. I'm Canadian so I take a 12 day WDW annual vacation for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival each year. Last Fall I also stayed at AS Sports and found it perfect for my needs. The bus transpo was good (IMO much better than the mods) and I would def recommend it to others who spend most of their time in the parks. Sorry for your rough experience with customs. I've only had one poor experience. Two years ago, I was driving over the border to fly out of Syracuse, NY when I was stopped at the crossing and the agent searched my vehicle and suitcase as soon as he discovered I was going single to WDW & not planning to meet family or friends. I'm female and have traveled to Orlando for years so never thought I would be considered a threat but obviously I must have ticked the boxes. If you are planning another WDW trip, don't hesitate to book ADRs for some table service meals. Many solo guests eat alone and I have never felt uncomfortable. Most of the other guests are so tied up with their own issues & family dramas that they never notice a solo diner anyway. Enjoy everything that is available. The MNSSHP (Halloween Party) is also an excellent splurge and money well spent. I love my solo vacations. I can do whatever I wish and never have to compromise my interests for a reluctant or unhappy travel partner. Nothing worse than a WDW vacation shackled to an unhappy mate or family member. Again, thank you for the great vlogs. Must be a labour of love.

@Fandomlife it looks as though you and I were at Sports at the same time (Oct 2016). I took a solo trip in Oct, same time, and loved it!! I've had a few solo trips, best thing i ever did. I go at my own pace, see what i want, eat what i want, nap when i want. Its wonderful. Im from Canada so im not coming from too far away. But going through the US customs can be quite an experience whether your male or female (im female). So i feel your pain.

I agree with @samsteele about ADRs, I have no issues eating solo at any of the disney restaurants. There are a lot of other solo folks eating alone for whatever reason...some people are here on a business trip, some purposely separate from family/friends, its not that uncommon. :) I never get any weird looks from people, probably because i look quite happy solo lol!

Anyway, I really am enjoying your videos. I haven't gotten through them all but im hoping to by the end of my work day. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter