• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

13 points to extend

PolarExpressGuy

Earning My Ears
I was not allowed to extend 13 banked points from 2019 use year, the 2021 Member cruise was cancelled, therefore we cancelled our resort stay before and after, we had 13 points left that were part of the reservation and DVC refused to extend, it is not feasible to fly and use these. For a DVC member with over 800 points, it was a shallow and unreasonable refusal. Shame, in these try to get along way of life, we tried , but there are bigger battles in our life.

I’m sorry that things are not happening the way you had hoped.

Unfortunately, thought, at some point they had to go back to all normal rules and since we are coming up on almost a year since resorts at WDW opened up, there really is no longer the need to make such exceptions.

Disney cancelled the cruise, I understand getting rules back to normal, we think it’s a shame to not take customer service first. The points from cancelled cruise were also banked, and hopefully will be credited. Thanks for your input, Pixie dust was not blowing my way.

I am sorry you are disappointed. I would have lost 36 total, but I gifted 24 to a friend to take a short trip and then still lost the other 12 points. And many more people lost a whole lot more points than that (some over 2-300). It would have been nice to see things further extended, but the points system is so out of balance with many people banking a lot of points to this year (I banked over 375 points myself) that there had to be a line drawn.

We were going to lose 12 points. I ended up booking a one night value studio at AKV for friends of ours who are cast members. They were absolutely thrilled to have a little getaway, it made my heart happy.

We were going to lose 12 points. I ended up booking a one night value studio at AKV for friends of ours who are cast members. They were absolutely thrilled to have a little getaway, it made my heart happy.

Immediate family used my March reservation, otherwise I would have lost some points.

But, I remember receiving a night for free booked with distressed points which I was able to add to a reservation. In return, later on as time went on, I gifted the occasional night with leftover points. Made someone happy and it feels good.

I losing 46 banked points this year. First time ever. But I just didn't want to mess with them. They were used for a June 2020 reservation, which was of course, canceled. I could've tried to rent them, but with the availability issues, I just didn't want to go through the hassle. Not the end of the world. It would have been nice, though, to have been able to apply them to my November 2021 reservation...but as Sandisw said, they need to start getting the points usage rules back to normal...clogging the system with refunded points is not a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter