13 Days of Disney - Everything We Never Knew We Always Wanted - June 2016 TR Update 1/30

Wow, I'm sorry about your toe. It sounds incredibly painful but you're a real trooper. Your kids reactions to the "big reveal" was great.

Joining in!! I love the surprise for the kids.

:welcome: The surprise was a lot of fun! Thanks for joining in!

I love the reaction of your kids! So sweet! I'd be over the moon excited and shocked if someone ever surprised me with a trip to Disney. Kudos to you for keeping it a secret for so long.

Our trip was amazing! We truly had a magical time! I think it's been our best trip to date.

Sadly, we have no plans to go back anytime soon. We do have a 4-night Dream cruise planned for October, 2017 so at least I have that to look forward to. As much as I love Disney, I'm forcing myself to vacation other places so next summer we are planning a Cape Cod/Maine trip and the following summer we'd like to head out west (we live in PA). DH and I were talking about future Disney trips on our way home and, right now, we'd like to go for two weeks in June, 2019. We are hoping some of the new stuff will be done and with two weeks we'll have plenty of time to do it all. We'll see if we can hold out for that long...

I'm glad you had such a great trip! I definitely get the pull of visiting other places vs. wanting to go back to WDW. I think WDW will continue to win for us until the kids are a bit older, then we might start branching out and spacing out the trips more. That cruise should definitely help with your Disney fix, though. We really want to try one some day!

Oh my goodness! I am loving Alex's reaction. I love that he was "in one year" on the down low, like he was a side conversation that needed to be added to the TODAY comment!

Lol! He really was just not buying it. I kept waiting for the "TODAY" part to set in. :rotfl:

This is me too. I've sprained either my left or right ankle over 1 dozen times total. I've tripped from a standing position. :sad2: So I hear ya.

I am very sorry you've had to deal with all that, but it does make me feel a bit better. ;) I too have a long history of spraining. When I went to an orthopedic doctor after I broke my foot he touched my ankle, then immediately drew back his hand and said "this is an ankle that has been sprained MANY times." Great that it's so bad now that he can tell just by lightly touching it. You might have that lovely distinction as well.

My son begs to sleep on the pull-out couch in our living room :confused3. But the worst part is that he wants me to join him. My 37-year-old back and accompanying sciatic pain episodes do not appreciate that.

Ugh, no! My husband can join them on a pullout and be fine, but I could not handle it. I'm thankful that he can!

I am so, so sorry about your toe. That must have been some pain for sure. :crutches: I love all medical stuff so your xray was awesome to me, although, obviously not to you. :goodvibes I love the reveal!! My oldest like to squeal like Cora did, so I'm hoping my reveal goes like yours. It's crazy how much children love to sleep on a pull out. Any time we go somewhere out of town, they would rather sleep on a pullout bed, than a regular bed. Which is fine with me, because it normally means my DH and I are in a King bed instead of a Queen. More room for Me!:cheer2:

Thank you! I am trying to convince myself that, one day, the x-ray will be awesome to me too. At the very least, the fact that I walked around with a needle in my toe for 3 months has earned me quite the tough reputation within my family. :thumbsup2

So maybe my kids aren't so strange with the pull out. What is that about? A real bed is so much more comfy, but they will choose a pull out every time! Maybe it just feels special.

I've taken a loooong break from the DIS since our last trip was in 2011. I stick around and lurk because I follow my good friend MICKEYSTOONTOWN on here. I had to subscribe to this report because I'm a sucker for a good surprise and your kids reactions had me tearing up just a bit.
Sorry about your toe, OUCH!!! :crazy2:

Can't wait to hear more!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! And for the toe sympathy. I admire your willpower in staying away from The DIS! I tried to for a while between trips and failed miserably. :P My kids' reactions to the surprise weren't exactly what I was hoping for, but looking back I think they were perfect because they were so in character for them. It will be a nice memory to hold onto.

my hubby had a freak accident about a month before a Disney Trip and i FEEL your pain. He almost ripped the end of his toe off in an extreme toe stubbing. He was lucky and it healed beautifully and it was a great trip.

Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! I think that's one thing that I have never done. I'm glad it healed so well for him and didn't spoil your trip!!

Wow, I'm sorry about your toe. It sounds incredibly painful but you're a real trooper. Your kids reactions to the "big reveal" was great.

Thank you! I must admit, I wasn't always the best trooper with my toe, as you'll see as the TR goes on, but my family was great about not letting it bring down the mood of our trip. I appreciate the kind words. :goodvibes

How awful about your toe but wonderful that you were able to bring your holiday forward. We had one year that we planned a secret trip and ended up telling the kids about three days before (long story but we didn't quite manage to keep it quiet until the end). DDs reaction was much the same as your DD but DS was really cross that we had managed to keep such a big secret from him for so long and he had missed out on the fun of planning:rolleyes1
Looking forward to the rest

So sorry about your toe! Who would have thought that the tip of the needle would decide to stay in your toe?!!! Hope you are healing much better by now :hug:

Loved the reveal! I got choked up watching it - your kids are super adorable! Can't wait to read all about your second day!

Introduction

Alex, age 5, all about Toy Story, Star Wars, and Zootopia. His absolute favorite ride is Soarin’, followed by Toy Story Mania and The Great Movie Ride (yes, you read that right).

So that’s us! Up next: springing the surprise!

My son is 19 and one of his favorite rides is also the TGMR. Ever since he was 3 he wants to go on it at least three times a trip. Look forward to reading more.

So sorry about your toe. You sound like me. I'm a klutz and have done everything and anything to my feet.

Last edited:
Omg this is too funny that I'm reading your latest update now. I'm at my sisters in Georgia and we JUST had dinner at Zaxby's, because I love their chicken salad :banana: My parents lived down here for s few years and every time I'd visit we'd get it. So as soon as I got off the plane tonight we went straight there!

So happy to finally see "the reveal" :goodvibes My favorite part was the moment when what was about to happen finally registered on Cora's face.

How did I miss this??? Because Disboards didn't give me the notification about your post on your PTR, that's why! Dang it! Ok, well I'm here now and going back to read.

Sorry I'm so late to the party. *hanging my head in shame*

OMG, I love, love, love the reveal video! I was a bit in tears myself!

10.5 hours and one stop?? Please have your kids teach my kids the tricks one day!

You and @ariane37 with the Zaxby's....I can't stand Zaxby's! Only because they did me wrong and I hold a grudge. Oh and Chick-Fil-A is so much better!

I think AJ really enjoyed sleeping on the couch bed with me at SSR. We'll see what he decides to do next year if we end up at a resort with the table/trundle bed.

Looking forward to more!

How awful about your toe but wonderful that you were able to bring your holiday forward. We had one year that we planned a secret trip and ended up telling the kids about three days before (long story but we didn't quite manage to keep it quiet until the end). DDs reaction was much the same as your DD but DS was really cross that we had managed to keep such a big secret from him for so long and he had missed out on the fun of planning:rolleyes1
Looking forward to the rest

We talked about telling them a few days in advance, but ultimately decided that we'd come that far, so we'd take it to the end. I missed really getting to enlist the kids' help in planning, though, so I'm looking forward to the next non-surprise trip! I can definitely understand being frustrated at missing out on that aspect. It's so hard to predict how kids will react!

So sorry about your toe! Who would have thought that the tip of the needle would decide to stay in your toe?!!! Hope you are healing much better by now :hug:

Loved the reveal! I got choked up watching it - your kids are super adorable! Can't wait to read all about your second day!

I know, right?! I could not believe it. In fact, no one could. The nurses were showing my x-ray pics around the office. I'm not quite healed yet, but it is much much better. Thanks for the well-wishes and the kiddo compliments! :)

My son is 19 and one of his favorite rides is also the TGMR. Ever since he was 3 he wants to go on it at least three times a trip. Look forward to reading more.

So sorry about your toe. You sound like me. I'm a klutz and have done everything and anything to my feet.

That makes me feel better about my son lol. Since we have gotten back whenever anyone has asked him about the trip he has told them all about TGMR! Sorry for our mutual klutziness, but it's nice to know I'm in good company. ;)

Omg this is too funny that I'm reading your latest update now. I'm at my sisters in Georgia and we JUST had dinner at Zaxby's, because I love their chicken salad :banana: My parents lived down here for s few years and every time I'd visit we'd get it. So as soon as I got off the plane tonight we went straight there!

So happy to finally see "the reveal" :goodvibes My favorite part was the moment when what was about to happen finally registered on Cora's face.

Ha! We may need to eat at Zaxby's each trip and then make sure to describe it for @ArielSRL because she loves it so much. ;) I hope your trip went well!

I enjoyed Cora's face as well, though we barely got a glimpse since she took off running once she realized what was actually happening lol.

How did I miss this??? Because Disboards didn't give me the notification about your post on your PTR, that's why! Dang it! Ok, well I'm here now and going back to read.

Sorry I'm so late to the party. *hanging my head in shame*

That happens to me a lot! Or I miss the notification because it gets lost in my thousands (no exaggeration...) of unread emails. Better late than never! Glad you're here. :goodvibes

OMG, I love, love, love the reveal video! I was a bit in tears myself!

10.5 hours and one stop?? Please have your kids teach my kids the tricks one day!

You and @ariane37 with the Zaxby's....I can't stand Zaxby's! Only because they did me wrong and I hold a grudge. Oh and Chick-Fil-A is so much better!

I think AJ really enjoyed sleeping on the couch bed with me at SSR. We'll see what he decides to do next year if we end up at a resort with the table/trundle bed.

Looking forward to more!

I was shocked by being able to get through with only one stop as well! Last year we stopped over and over for constant potty breaks and our drive ended up being MUCH longer than it was supposed to be. Perhaps this was the universe making it up to me, as I about lost it last time. :rotfl:

And the murphy bed was awesome to have and they seem to make them quite appealing to the kids. I am jealous of your resort reservation regardless of where you end up! My MDE is looking really sad and empty these days. Hope to fix that within the next couple of months!

Day 1, June 6 – Arrival Day

I woke up at around 5:30 this morning for two reasons: 1. I was super excited because we would be arriving at WDW on this day! And 2. I wanted to get an early start because of Tropical Storm Colin, which was expected to hit Florida in the afternoon on this day. We all got ready, packed up, and ate breakfast as quickly as we could and were back on the road before 7:00am. We knew we’d lose an hour almost immediately due to the time change. Google maps gave us an estimate of about 5 hours and 40 minutes for this drive.

We actually went ahead and drove straight through with no stops on this day – we just really wanted to get there! We had rain for pretty much the entire drive, but it went back and forth between being major and minor. There were several times during which I had to slow way down and put my hazards on, but for the most part, the drive was uneventful and we made decent time. Even with the rain, we made it in by about 1:30pm Eastern time.

I have a Disney song playlist on my iPad that is pretty much the exact length of our drive on this day, so we listened to it on random the entire way. The first song that came on was “Almost There”, which seemed appropriate. The last song ended about two exits before we arrived, and was “Let’s Go Fly a Kite.” By the time we arrived it wasn’t raining anymore and we were totally in the Disney spirit.

We did some hooting and hollering when we finally saw this sign:

20160606_130634.jpg

Note: for anyone who may fear I endangered my family and others by taking this picture, I did not stop, or even really slow down. My phone camera responds to voice commands, so I held it up and said “take a picture”, then put it back down. But I was getting my dang picture. ;)

Before we headed over to our resort, we stopped at the Speedway across from DHS to fill up the gas tank, as the gas light had come on right before we entered Disney property. How’s that for perfect?

We then drove down the street until we saw this beautiful sign:

20160606_132101.jpg

We like to rent DVC points for our WDW trips. We rented points for a studio at Beach Club Villas way back in August of last year so we could try out the Epcot resort area for the first time. The kids also were desperate to try Stormalong Bay. This is the only picture I took in the lobby. I wish I had taken more!

20160606_150948.jpg

Anyway, I got a text saying our room wasn’t ready yet literally right after we arrived at the resort. That was fine with us, as we figured we’d just hang out in the lobby and look around for a bit until we got the text. I still needed to stop by the front desk so I could get a parking pass, though. I walked up to the CM and told her I knew we didn’t have a room yet, which was ok by us, but I just needed a parking pass. She told me to hold on for a second, then got on the phone. She was on for a few minutes and was talking low, so I couldn’t make most of what she was saying. Just before she hung up the phone, my phone dinged with a new text message – we had a room. This was only 6 minutes after the previous text.

The CM hung up the phone, smiled and said “ok, you have a room and it’s one of the refurbished ones.” I was shocked, as I knew she had just worked to switch our room assignment so we would have a room and it would be a renovated one. I thanked her profusely and we headed off to find our room. It had started raining again during the time we were in the lobby so the couple of pictures I snapped are a little dreary. Still, it was absolutely beautiful and we were thrilled to be there.

20160606_135433.jpg

We were in room 263. It was gorgeous and still smelled like fresh paint. I took many pictures and the children made fun of me for doing so, but I couldn’t help myself.

20160606_135818.jpg

20160606_135828.jpg

20160606_135834.jpg

20160606_140129.jpg

After exploring the room we stepped out on the balcony and were shocked by what we found. It was huge! It went all the way down to the end of the building, then wrapped around the corner. I was sure it must have been a shared balcony with another room, but it really was just ours. I love sitting out on the balcony and reading during mid-day breaks, so I was super excited. Plus, I had requested a canal view, which I had. And we were able to see some of the highest Illuminations fireworks from the far end.

20160606_140457.jpg

20160606_140450.jpg

20160607_143635.jpg

After getting settled in, we went to grab some resort mugs – red for me, blue for Rees – and look around the resort some more. We checked out the Marketplace, Cape May, and Stormalong Bay. At this point the kids could no longer stand it, so they went back to the room to change into swimsuits to get some quality time with the pool area. Rees took them down while I stayed in the room and did some unpacking. It rained off and on during the afternoon and evening, but they got in as much pool time as they could.

20160606_150641.jpg

20160606_182622.jpg

(Yes, that is a Mickey head on my house key...)

We got dinner from the Beach Club Marketplace. Rees and the kids all had pepperoni flatbreads while I had the Turkey sandwich. Sadly, I have no pictures, but I think the kids would have thrown tomatoes at me at this point if I’d tried to snap any. We got them ready for bed and they both wanted to sleep in the murphy bed (side note: so did Rees, as it features Donald), so we had them alternate nights on the murphy vs. the pull out sofa. Cora took the murphy this night. Because I have no shame, I will admit that Rees and I watched The Real Housewives of Dallas before going to sleep ourselves. Before I finally did go to sleep, I set my alarm for bright and early for our first rope drop the next day!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Your room looks awesome. I am working on planning my parents 50th wedding anniversary trip next year, and I am torn between renting points or staying at a moderate.

Can't believe the story about your toe - I'm glad they at least figured it out before you went, even if it meant that the trip maybe didn't go quite like you had planned. I can't imagine walking on a needle tip at WDW would have been very fun :/

And I totally get the driving thing - we drive from Georgia at the moment, which is fabulous. But every time we go it feels like we're moving to Disney because we have so much stuff :P

My phone camera responds to voice commands, so I held it up and said “take a picture”, then put it back down. But I was getting my dang picture.

Now I need to figure out if my iPhone will do this - I am usually driving, so it would be a lot easier to snag a picture this way.

We rented points for a studio at Beach Club Villas way back in August of last year so we could try out the Epcot resort area for the first time. The kids also were desperate to try Stormalong Bay.

Amazing! This is on our list of DVC resorts to try. We had a waitlist for our last trip, but it didn't come through. With all the renovations and the popularity of the Beach Club, I wasn't surprised - we'll just have to make an intentional reservation there sometime :D

Yes, that is a Mickey head on my house key...

I need one of these! So adorable :D

Glad to hear that your trip down was relatively uneventful. Hoping the tropical storm wasn't a problem during the rest of the trip! Can't wait to read more :)

Your room looks awesome. I am working on planning my parents 50th wedding anniversary trip next year, and I am torn between renting points or staying at a moderate.

That was our debate as well the first time we did it. Including this last trip, we have now rented from private owners 3 times and have loved it. We're so spoiled now I don't know if we could ever do it another way. However, I totally get the hesitation!

Can't believe the story about your toe - I'm glad they at least figured it out before you went, even if it meant that the trip maybe didn't go quite like you had planned. I can't imagine walking on a needle tip at WDW would have been very fun :/

I definitely wouldn’t have been, but I did consider it for a while, in which case I would have had the surgery after we got back. The devil you know and all.

And I totally get the driving thing - we drive from Georgia at the moment, which is fabulous. But every time we go it feels like we're moving to Disney because we have so much stuff :P

Yes! I don’t seem to know the meaning of packing light. Even though I knew we would be doing laundry while down there I still packed waaayy too much.

Now I need to figure out if my iPhone will do this - I am usually driving, so it would be a lot easier to snag a picture this way.

It’s great! It also works if you say “smile!” or “say cheese!”

Amazing! This is on our list of DVC resorts to try. We had a waitlist for our last trip, but it didn't come through. With all the renovations and the popularity of the Beach Club, I wasn't surprised - we'll just have to make an intentional reservation there sometime :D

We LOVED it! It really is gorgeous. The pictures online do not do it justice.

I need one of these! So adorable :D

Home Depot!

Glad to hear that your trip down was relatively uneventful. Hoping the tropical storm wasn't a problem during the rest of the trip! Can't wait to read more :)

Thanks! We definitely had some more rain in our future…

. Ha! We may need to eat at Zaxby's each trip and then make sure to describe it for @ArielSRL because she loves it so much. ;) I hope your trip went well!
Perfect! Lol

That happens to me a lot! Or I miss the notification because it gets lost in my thousands (no exaggeration...) of unread emails. Better late than never! Glad you're here. :goodvibes
:thumbsup2

I was shocked by being able to get through with only one stop as well! Last year we stopped over and over for constant potty breaks and our drive ended up being MUCH longer than it was supposed to be. Perhaps this was the universe making it up to me, as I about lost it last time. :rotfl:
I am very envious because this year for us happened just as you described last year for you. Maybe I'll get a make up next trip!

And the murphy bed was awesome to have and they seem to make them quite appealing to the kids.
It does look nice, though I don't like losing the regular table that used to be in the corner. Now, it looks like nothing is there??
I am jealous of your resort reservation regardless of where you end up! My MDE is looking really sad and empty these days. Hope to fix that within the next couple of months!
Yes, it was incredibly depressing! So glad there is a ressie there now. I probably wouldn't have one so early on, other than dvc can make them at 11 months out and we don't have to pay a deposit bc it's my coworker. Hoping yours doesn't stay empty very long!

Ugh on the driving in the rain but yay on the early start and the no stopping!

Awesome on getting into the room! Love the room photos! My coworker - that I'm renting points from next year - was there also around the same time. Funny enough, she got a corner room with a big balcony...not long like yours but big and wide. It's so nice! But I think it's funny that for both yours and hers, there was just that little bit of standard balcony furniture!

Nice view! I'm sure the kids had fun at the pool. See I'm loving the relaxing arrival day! So looking forward to it next trip.

So I'm guessing no dining plan because you only got two mugs? Or is that not correct?

Oh and I was totally on the RHoD train! I usually only watch NY and OC but Dallas was pretty good!

I also pack everything but the kitchen sink! But with two littles I couldn't help myself. I'm going to try to do better next trip because we will only have a studio instead of a one bedroom. I'm bummed that I won't have a washer/dryer in the room. I did laundry every morning this trip (and hardly had any to do when we returned). I'll have to scale it down to like 2 or 3 times during a long break or something, for next trip. I'll have to keep the loads light so they are quick dry.

May I ask how you find the private rentals? After 2017, I'll have to find someone else to rent from bc it's unusual for my coworker not to use her points. Of course, we are supposed to go back to our beach trip for 2018 and 2019 but that doesn't mean I can't try to talk DH into a couples only weekend trip each of those years!

Looking forward to more!

Hi! Love your trip report so far.

It is ridiculously similar to our own upcoming Disney trip. We went first in 2013, and thought it was a "once in a life time trip." We were bit by the Disney bug, and started planning another trip. We thought we would go in 2017. We convinced our daughter that we are going in 2017. Really, we leave on Saturday, and she doesn't know. (And we are driving, and it will take two days).

Thanks for sharing!

It does look nice, though I don't like losing the regular table that used to be in the corner. Now, it looks like nothing is there??

Yes, the table from the corner has been removed, but the empty space served as a place to put the chairs and coffee when the murphy bed and pull out were both being used, as that didn’t leave a ton of space in the middle of the room. I wish I had thought to take a picture with everything open so you could see the space.

Ugh on the driving in the rain but yay on the early start and the no stopping!

Awesome on getting into the room! Love the room photos! My coworker - that I'm renting points from next year - was there also around the same time. Funny enough, she got a corner room with a big balcony...not long like yours but big and wide. It's so nice! But I think it's funny that for both yours and hers, there was just that little bit of standard balcony furniture!

It did look kind of strange to have that huge balcony with just the little table and two chairs! However, we wouldn’t have used more furniture even if it had been there. DH doesn’t like to sit out on the balcony and the kids just wanted to run up and down the length of it lol.

Nice view! I'm sure the kids had fun at the pool. See I'm loving the relaxing arrival day! So looking forward to it next trip.

It really was relaxing! I don’t think I’ll do it any other way in the future, except maybe to add in going to Disney Springs.

So I'm guessing no dining plan because you only got two mugs? Or is that not correct?

Correct, no dining plan for us! My kids are not big enough eaters to make it worth it. They don’t drink soda except for the occasional Sprite so getting the mugs wasn’t worth it for them. We got a bunch of Gatorade and bottled water for them, along with a jug of milk for in the room. We thought about doing the DP anyway just to make things easy, but I'm glad we didn't because we ended up having to drop a bunch of dining reservations because of my stupid injury.

Oh and I was totally on the RHoD train! I usually only watch NY and OC but Dallas was pretty good!

This is the only one we’ve watched except for a bit of the original version! We just had to check it out because it was our city. It was strange seeing it here and having all of the worst stereotypes about those kinds of people in this area confirmed on tv. Of course, if it comes back, we will be watching it again. ;)

I also pack everything but the kitchen sink! But with two littles I couldn't help myself. I'm going to try to do better next trip because we will only have a studio instead of a one bedroom. I'm bummed that I won't have a washer/dryer in the room. I did laundry every morning this trip (and hardly had any to do when we returned). I'll have to scale it down to like 2 or 3 times during a long break or something, for next trip. I'll have to keep the loads light so they are quick dry.

I would love to have a unit in the room! We did laundry twice over the course of this trip and it wasn’t so bad. I still came home with plenty, but at least it was manageable.

May I ask how you find the private rentals? After 2017, I'll have to find someone else to rent from bc it's unusual for my coworker not to use her points. Of course, we are supposed to go back to our beach trip for 2018 and 2019 but that doesn't mean I can't try to talk DH into a couples only weekend trip each of those years!

I have found all three private rentals through message boards. There is the rent/trade board on The DIS and one other one I use. It definitely takes trust, but it’s worked out really well for us so far. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. :)

Hi! Love your trip report so far.

It is ridiculously similar to our own upcoming Disney trip. We went first in 2013, and thought it was a "once in a life time trip." We were bit by the Disney bug, and started planning another trip. We thought we would go in 2017. We convinced our daughter that we are going in 2017. Really, we leave on Saturday, and she doesn't know. (And we are driving, and it will take two days).

Thanks for sharing!

That’s so exciting – and strange in its similarity! How old is your daughter? I’ll bet she will be so happy! Please come back and share details of how your surprise goes. Or if you’re doing a report drop a link! Thanks for joining in and I hope you have an amazing trip!!

Last edited:
Yay! You arrived! My family thinks I'm crazy for snapping pics of everything and get tired of me too, lol. :crazy: But my hubby has accepted it now and actually helps me to get all my pics before the kids mess up the room. We do this on all of our trips! :)

I am really looking forward to your first day in the parks! Hope the sun made an appearance for you. :sunny:

Yes, the table from the corner has been removed, but the empty space served as a place to put the chairs and coffee when the murphy bed and pull out were both being used, as that didn’t leave a ton of space in the middle of the room. I wish I had thought to take a picture with everything open so you could see the space.
Gotcha. And no problem on not getting a pic. I just watch the room tours on YouTube!

It did look kind of strange to have that huge balcony with just the little table and two chairs! However, we wouldn’t have used more furniture even if it had been there. DH doesn’t like to sit out on the balcony and the kids just wanted to run up and down the length of it lol.
Yeh, I just thought it was funny they were both so bare! But I bet the kids loved the running!

It really was relaxing! I don’t think I’ll do it any other way in the future, except maybe to add in going to Disney Springs.
Yes, I am tentatively planning Disney Springs but will dump that in a quick minute if I think it will be too much or too stressful. :)

Correct, no dining plan for us! My kids are not big enough eaters to make it worth it. They don’t drink soda except for the occasional Sprite so getting the mugs wasn’t worth it for them. We got a bunch of Gatorade and bottled water for them, along with a jug of milk for in the room. We thought about doing the DP anyway just to make things easy, but I'm glad we didn't because we ended up having to drop a bunch of dining reservations because of my stupid injury.
My kids basically ate nothing but Cheerios and Goldfish and I brought those in my park bag, so yeh, it's just not worth it. And I don't want to have to eat the way the plan requires. I'm not even sure if we will get a mug or not. I filled it up maybe 3 times this past trip!

I would love to have a unit in the room! We did laundry twice over the course of this trip and it wasn’t so bad. I still came home with plenty, but at least it was manageable.
Did you do it on your breaks? Did the drying take long? My biggest problem this past trip is I only had 4 skorts and so I had to wash them all time! I may have to buy more before next trip!

I have found all three private rentals through message boards. There is the rent/trade board on The DIS and the one on ***********.com. It definitely takes trust, but it’s worked out really well for us so far. Feel free to PM me if you want more info. :)
I see something got removed from your post. I'll just message you directly for the info. Thanks, though!

Did you do it on your breaks? Did the drying take long? My biggest problem this past trip is I only had 4 skorts and so I had to wash them all time! I may have to buy more before next trip!

We actually did it on our off days, but we did laundry on a break at BLT during our trip last year (when we had no off days) and it worked fine then too. The drying took a little while, but it wasn't too bad. Light loads should help. The biggest delay for us was waiting for a machine to actually come open, as the laundry room at BCV is small. http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/ will be your friend. We've never had a problem getting open machines at BLT.

I see something got removed from your post. I'll just message you directly for the info. Thanks, though!

Ah, I missed that! I wondered if that was a filtered site on The DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter